Keylor Navas

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Keylor Navas

Postby yosifun » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:03 am

Lopez was great for Real while Casillas was benched, now they send Lopez out in favor of Navas..
#MadridMeatMarket
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:22 am

Officially joins Real Madrid.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby CRGooner » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:40 am

Cripps wrote:Officially joins Real Madrid.

Yep. I'm no Madrid fan, but I'm so glad for him.

Now we got two ticos playing at European giants, plus they are both products of my local team, Saprissa. So we Saprissistas get extra bragging rights :sneaky2:

Exciting times for us.
CRGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Sims » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:41 am

Long-term Madrid no. 1, right? Could displace Iker if he plays well.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Cripps » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:41 am

Don't think he'll be first choice. At least not yet.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby CRGooner » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:49 am

Well, Iker has been woeful lately. Did you see Chicharito's goal yesterday? He is making mistakes like that on every match, lately. It cannot be denied that Keylor's in much better form right now.

Ancelotti just confirmed that Iker will start in the European Supercup, but he said that after that, he'll have to make a decision. Keylor is good enough to win the spot. Casillas makes one more mistake and he is done.
CRGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:52 am

kaylor is far better than casillas
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:56 am

Casillas has been pretty woeful lately but after a decade of awesomeness, he was due a bad run.

Still young enough to get over it and reclaim his place as the best in the world.

Navas has impressed recently but there is a certain pressure to playing for the biggest club around. I think he should be slowly brought in.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Apollo » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:00 am

Salt and Wenger wrote:kaylor is far better than casillas

Madrid don't do things the obvious way.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Kyle? » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:38 am

Cripps wrote:Casillas has been pretty woeful lately but after a decade of awesomeness, he was due a bad run.

Still young enough to get over it and reclaim his place as the best in the world.

Navas has impressed recently but there is a certain pressure to playing for the biggest club around. I think he should be slowly brought in.

He was never the best. How can a keeper who can't deal with crosses or command a back 4 be considered as the best? Buffon in his prime was so far ahead of Casillas it's unfunny. I could name 50 keepers who are currently better than Casillas, but it'll have to wait til tomorrow, because i'm tired.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CRGooner » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:26 am

Kyle? wrote:
Cripps wrote:Casillas has been pretty woeful lately but after a decade of awesomeness, he was due a bad run.

He was never the best. How can a keeper who can't deal with crosses or command a back 4 be considered as the best? Buffon in his prime was so far ahead of Casillas it's unfunny. I could name 50 keepers who are currently better than Casillas, but it'll have to wait til tomorrow, because i'm tired.

I agree. For me he was never the best, either. Pretty good, yes, but Buffon was better, and maybe even Cech and Van Der Saar in their prime could give him a run for his money. Neuer has been better than him since his last season at Schalke. And at such a young age, Courtois is better than Casillas ever was.

In his prime, Casillas was a really great reflex keeper, excellent coming off his line and a commanding voice for the team. But crosses were always a problem for him, even in his best years. Now, add to that the fact that he has confidence issues and his reflexes don't seem that sharp.

It's a shame really. The WC was his lowest point. It was painful to watch.
CRGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby LMAO » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:42 am

Kyle? wrote:

I can't believe I actually agree with you. Casillas has never been the best goalkeeper in the world. Even in his golden days, Buffon, Cech, Van der Sar, Lehmann, and Kahn were better. Third best at his club so how he can be considered the best in the world is beyond me...
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:24 am

Brandon wrote: Even in his golden days, Buffon, Cech, Van der Sar, Lehmann, and Kahn were better.

Lehmann wasn't better than Casillas - not career wise - he was better during the 05/06 season but that's it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:49 am

Casillas isn't number 1 anyway so it won't be hard to displace him. Lopez will go (if he hasn't already) and Casillas will stay as backup.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:55 am

Lopez was good from what I've seen. I wonder where is next for him.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill