An Interview With......... raven65az

Get to know Goonersworld members a little bit better

Re: An Interview With......... raven65az

Postby SE13 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:07 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Not a question, but when I click on this thread the page takes forever to load. Something seems to be slowing it down. :confused2:

It's probably something to do with all that food as outlined previously! I'm quite hungry at the thought, though I would replace the Buffalo with a different meat...... Image

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby arseman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:32 am

12] If you were President of The USA, what would be the first thing you did: Shut down the space program, and use the billions saved to fix the planet we live on.

Do you not believe then, that the human race stands to benefit from knowing more about the universe we live in, and how tiny and insignificant we really are?
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TartanRaven » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:24 am

arseman wrote:
12] If you were President of The USA, what would be the first thing you did: Shut down the space program, and use the billions saved to fix the planet we live on.

Do you not believe then, that the human race stands to benefit from knowing more about the universe we live in, and how tiny and insignificant we really are?

We did at one point. But I fail to see the benefit of whether or not there is ice on Mars. We have reached a saturation point on technology, and while I feel we have benefited in the past, I also believe that we have become a wasteful and lazy society for it. The satellites are useful, so we should keep them useful...that is about it.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TartanRaven » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:25 am

SE13 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Not a question, but when I click on this thread the page takes forever to load. Something seems to be slowing it down. :confused2:

It's probably something to do with all that food as outlined previously! I'm quite hungry at the thought, though I would replace the Buffalo with a different meat...... Image

I've duplicated that recipe with hybrid Kobe, as well as Elk and Venison. Lamb didn't work well for me, which is a shame because it is easily my favorite meat.

Hmmm...recipe and cooking section?
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:11 pm

SE13 wrote:

lol.

Actually I think it may be the gif in Ravens sig. I clicked on another thread and the same thing happened. :think:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby niko197 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:20 pm

i think that's because scott is old and it took forever to load all this years! :shocked: :hiding:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TartanRaven » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:43 pm

niko197 wrote:

i think that's because scott is old and it took forever to load all this years! :shocked: :hiding:

:crybaby: good point tho.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:44 pm

Favorite Movie:

Favorite food to make:

Favorite food to eat:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TartanRaven » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:57 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Favorite Movie: Pulp Fiction

Favorite food to make: Pretty much anything on the grill! The house up in St. Louis will have an all brick outdoor kitchen with a door sized grill surface/wood fired oven/smoker. Yes, we love to have company :biggrin:

Favorite food to eat: Lamb :cloud9:

I have a funny lamb story to tell sometime.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Favourite British Dish?
Favourite music/band?
Favourite Arsenal memory or one that stands out the most to you?
And finally seeing as your also a chef ....have you ever tried Welsh Sweet breads & if you have what did you think of them & can you liken them to another food?
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby ozgooner » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:06 pm

You ever been in a cockpit before?
You ever seen a grown man naked?
Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
Do you like movies about gladiators?

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TartanRaven » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:26 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Favourite British Dish?
Favourite music/band?
Favourite Arsenal memory or one that stands out the most to you?
And finally seeing as your also a chef ....have you ever tried Welsh Sweet breads & if you have what did you think of them & can you liken them to another food?

Most any dish that would be traditional. I love eels (even jellied) Lamb any way is divine I make Cullen Skink at home on occasion...and yes...I LOVE HAGGIS (with whole grain mustard of course) we can get it here, but the US makes us leave out the lungs. OH, and fortunately I can get a traditional English brekkie here!

Tool, I don't live far from Maynards winery! I prefer Alternative, but love classic rock, classical, and blues. I detest rap and country.

Last match at Highbury for sure.

Not the Welsh variety. I've had beef and pork bullocks, and it really comes down to preparation. On their own, there is a rich flavor that really isnt that definable. Like traditional sweetbreads (thymus glands) its all about what they are prepared WITH, or the sauce they are served with. My favorite preparation is to brown them gently in bacon or duck fat, and serve them with fingerling potatoes sauteed with leeks and rosemary...combine the two resulting pan sauces.
Another way I've done them is roasted lightly, and presented on a bed of fresh sorrel, sauteed with hazelnuts and white truffle oil.
Last edited by TartanRaven on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TartanRaven » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:29 am

ozgooner wrote:You ever been in a cockpit before?
You ever seen a grown man naked?
Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
Do you like movies about gladiators?

Blackhawk Helo, Air Force C-130, Lear 45

Yes, I was in the Navy remember :P

Nope, but I hear the ballroom dancing is popular there

They give me that special feeling...like when you climb the rope in physical education class in school.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:26 pm

raven65az wrote:
haha the jellied eels is more a London thing, my ex husband used to love it with parsley sauce, but he is from a cockney family so figures. ;)

Not the Welsh variety. I've had beef and pork bullocks, and it really comes down to preparation. On their own, there is a rich flavor that really isnt that definable. Like traditional sweetbreads (thymus glands) its all about what they are prepared WITH, or the sauce they are served with. My favorite preparation is to brown them gently in bacon or duck fat, and serve them with fingerling potatoes sauteed with leeks and rosemary...combine the two resulting pan sauces.
Another way I've done them is roasted lightly, and presented on a bed of fresh sorrel, sauteed with hazelnuts and white truffle oil.

Well, hats off to you, because even though Lamb sweetbreads are regarded as a Welsh delicacy, i have never tried it, although i have been offered on many occasions, id give the thymus ones a try, (maybe the neck gland rather than the one by the heart) given the oppourtinty seeing as its the other end of the anatomy! but not the balls, it really is the thought of what i would be eating that would make me throw up! depite the fact i like sausages & black pudding and the amount of 'crap' that goes into them!

I actually quite like your recipe, the vegetables sound very similar to something i often make myself, which the kids absolutely love, but i do it as a leek & potato crumble, with a light coating of bechamel sauce. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Previous

Return to Members Interviews Archives