Do you think we have a clear plan?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Do you think we have a clear plan?

Postby goon4hire » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:22 am

He has a plan, otherwise, Cesc would have been an Arsenal player by now. A WC attacking mid for just 30m?? Yes!!!

Whether he is going to fight tooth and nails to get those players on his shopping list, that is the question.
goon4hire
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby friedslice » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:41 am

You;re all right. wenger hasn;'t got a clue. the most intelligent and maticulous person in football doesn't have a plan.
the clueless french c*nt doesn't have a clue how to manage. no idea how to buiild a winning team. everything he has ever done is a fluke.
he's a fraud c*nt who should be sacked. look how sh*t our team is now, its this c*nts fault we only had an fa cup to celebrate last season, that's a f***ing tin pot. we should be buying the league. will never happen with this stupid french c&nt managing us.

i reckon we sack him, make koscielny manager and get the most vocal wenger outters on this forum into prominent coaching positions, such is their knowledge of how football clubs are run and the transfer market works. f*ck me imagine the quality of players we'd have signed in recent years if we'd listened to the super knowledgeable "wengers a c*nt group" on here. we'd have the mighty samba at centre half, adam johnson out wide and peter crouch up front, would've spent over 30 million on the superstar benteke too, ooo not to mention the legend that is Michu, what a c*nt wenger was for not signing him the other year, the Arsenal standard star that he is. Ramsey would have been sold 2 years ago, szczesny, Kos, mertesacker and gibbs as well oh walcott too, because remember what a c*nt wenger was for persisting with these players game after game.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:42 am

The most ironic thing being the wenger hate so horribly misplaced. how can he fulfill your greedy wet dreams of 100 millioin pound spending sprees and every trophy on the planet if there isn't a penny to spend...which there isn't, but that'd take a bit of common sense to recognise.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:20 am

No, he is clueless and doesn't have a plan. This is why we failed to buy defensive reinforcements in the winter window of 2010-11 which caused us to capitulate and go from having a shout at the PL to limping to 4th. This is why we failed to buy a striker in both the summer and winter windows of last season that would have seen us compete for the PL until the very end instead of once again going from having a shout to limping to 4th. It took Wenger two seasons to finally replace Fabregas with Ozil, and the only reason we got Ozil is because Real wanted Bale more and needed to raise funds; if Bale never goes, Ozil stays and we're stuck with Cazorla as a starting CAM and Podolski as a starting LW. Wenger better thank his lucky stars for that one. It's been two seasons since Van Persie's departure, and we still haven't replaced him. For heaven's sake, it's been NINE f***ing SEASONS AND WE HAVE YET TO REPLACE VIEIRA! This is why Wenger goes into his 1000th match with Arteta and Chamberlain in the center of midfield! Who the f**k in their right mind does that against Chelsea!? The "most intelligent and maticulous person in football" has no sense of tactics! It's always the same setup every game with no adjustments. We're not f***ing Barca of 2008-11 where we can set up the same every game because we're that superior to any opposition!

Sure, the FA Cup was an achievement. I'm delighted we won it, but it comes with a caveat. Do you honestly think we make it to Wembley playing Liverpool or Everton away? Once again, I'm delighted we won it, but it literally set up perfectly which most likely isn't going to happen again, so Wenger will have to resort to tactics away from home, and I'm not confident he can do that. Well, our team is rather dreary if I do say so myself. Our first XI can hang with the best of them, but it's squad depth that does us in EVERY f***ing SEASON! If Wenger was a great manager, he would see that squad is god and your first XI isn't enough to get you through an entire season in this day and age. It's why when Ramsey and Ozil went down, we went from 1st to 5th and had to rely on f***ing Everton slipping up to get back into the top four.

You call him intelligent; I call him senile. You call him meticulous; I call him timid in the transfer market. I'm staunchly Wenger out unless he changes this summer and gets what we need in order to compete for the PL and the CL. But I will say I will be the first person to eat humble pie should he prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breath for him to change his ways. He can't hide behind lack of funds anymore. We're free from stadium debt and we have funds to buy some of the best players in the world. If he doesn't spend this summer, supporter backlash will be 1000x worse than what he received at the end of that Villa game last season. Even most of his biggest supporters will turn on him should that happen.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:23 am

friedslice wrote:The most ironic thing being the wenger hate so horribly misplaced. how can he fulfill your greedy wet dreams of 100 millioin pound spending sprees and every trophy on the planet if there isn't a penny to spend...which there isn't, but that'd take a bit of common sense to recognise.

tim payton @timpayton · 16h
Arsenal cash reserves now £200m as swelled by Season Ticket renewals. About £140m is available (rest = debt service & outgoings) #BigSummer

Arsenal’s wage bill this year was £165m. For next season this can increase to about £185m to maintain the 65% ratio to revenues #BigSummer

So Arsenal can spend in region of £100 to £120m on players AND have £20 to £25m to cover extra wages for these players in 2014/15 #BigSummer
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:46 am

Brandon wrote:No, he is clueless and doesn't have a plan. This is why we failed to buy defensive reinforcements in the winter window of 2010-11 which caused us to capitulate and go from having a shout at the PL to limping to 4th. This is why we failed to buy a striker in both the summer and winter windows of last season that would have seen us compete for the PL until the very end instead of once again going from having a shout to limping to 4th. It took Wenger two seasons to finally replace Fabregas with Ozil, and the only reason we got Ozil is because Real wanted Bale more and needed to raise funds; if Bale never goes, Ozil stays and we're stuck with Cazorla as a starting CAM and Podolski as a starting LW. Wenger better thank his lucky stars for that one. It's been two seasons since Van Persie's departure, and we still haven't replaced him. For heaven's sake, it's been NINE f***ing SEASONS AND WE HAVE YET TO REPLACE VIEIRA! This is why Wenger goes into his 1000th match with Arteta and Chamberlain in the center of midfield! Who the f**k in their right mind does that against Chelsea!? The "most intelligent and maticulous person in football" has no sense of tactics! It's always the same setup every game with no adjustments. We're not f***ing Barca of 2008-11 where we can set up the same every game because we're that superior to any opposition!

Sure, the FA Cup was an achievement. I'm delighted we won it, but it comes with a caveat. Do you honestly think we make it to Wembley playing Liverpool or Everton away? Once again, I'm delighted we won it, but it literally set up perfectly which most likely isn't going to happen again, so Wenger will have to resort to tactics away from home, and I'm not confident he can do that. Well, our team is rather dreary if I do say so myself. Our first XI can hang with the best of them, but it's squad depth that does us in EVERY f***ing SEASON! If Wenger was a great manager, he would see that squad is god and your first XI isn't enough to get you through an entire season in this day and age. It's why when Ramsey and Ozil went down, we went from 1st to 5th and had to rely on f***ing Everton slipping up to get back into the top four.

You call him intelligent; I call him senile. You call him meticulous; I call him timid in the transfer market. I'm staunchly Wenger out unless he changes this summer and gets what we need in order to compete for the PL and the CL. But I will say I will be the first person to eat humble pie should he prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breath for him to change his ways. He can't hide behind lack of funds anymore. We're free from stadium debt and we have funds to buy some of the best players in the world. If he doesn't spend this summer, supporter backlash will be 1000x worse than what he received at the end of that Villa game last season. Even most of his biggest supporters will turn on him should that happen.

Post Of The Year!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:34 am

Brandon wrote:No, he is clueless and doesn't have a plan. This is why we failed to buy defensive reinforcements in the winter window of 2010-11 which caused us to capitulate and go from having a shout at the PL to limping to 4th. This is why we failed to buy a striker in both the summer and winter windows of last season that would have seen us compete for the PL until the very end instead of once again going from having a shout to limping to 4th. It took Wenger two seasons to finally replace Fabregas with Ozil, and the only reason we got Ozil is because Real wanted Bale more and needed to raise funds; if Bale never goes, Ozil stays and we're stuck with Cazorla as a starting CAM and Podolski as a starting LW. Wenger better thank his lucky stars for that one. It's been two seasons since Van Persie's departure, and we still haven't replaced him. For heaven's sake, it's been NINE f***ing SEASONS AND WE HAVE YET TO REPLACE VIEIRA! This is why Wenger goes into his 1000th match with Arteta and Chamberlain in the center of midfield! Who the f**k in their right mind does that against Chelsea!? The "most intelligent and maticulous person in football" has no sense of tactics! It's always the same setup every game with no adjustments. We're not f***ing Barca of 2008-11 where we can set up the same every game because we're that superior to any opposition!

Absolutely :hail:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:40 am

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:

Really good points. Agreed 100%.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:12 am

Angelito wrote:
RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:

Really good points. Agreed 100%.

Top post.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:57 am

If we still have the GW Blog then Brandon's post needs to go on it. The RTs that blog would get on twitter...
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:36 am

:clap:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby defcon2005 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:46 am

good post by brandon i wont quote it because it would be longer than the great wall of china
sandwiched either side of the ozil transfer was sanogo? and the kallstrom fiasco? plus the suarez debarcle ..
these abortions cant be swept under the carpet and not mentioned .
my biggest fear is not so much the plans but the inability to act on them ...i don.t really know how transfers work and what goes on behind the scenes but we seem to be crap at it and slow too
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk