Who will win?

Froch
71%
Groves
29%

Total votes : 7

Re: Froch V Groves

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Cripps wrote:Lol. You clearly know little about it.

It's sports entertainment. That's what they themselves claim to be and that's what they are. End of.

So if I call call myself the greatest sportsman of all time, it must be true, right?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:So if I call call myself the greatest sportsman of all time, it must be true, right?

All hail Yorky
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

It's sports entertainment. That's what they themselves claim to be and that's what they are. End of.

So if I call call myself the greatest sportsman of all time, it must be true, right?

What
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Cripps wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

What

You said it's them who call themselves that. What does that prove?

It proves as much as me saying I'm the greatest sportsman of all time (which I am by the way).
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:37 pm

A head in hands moment this is.

It's like talking to kids.

Wrestling is a sport, the rest that comes with it is entertainment hence sports entertainment.

It's not that hard to understand, surely?

I expect genuine pubbers like Callum and that other ughfg fella to not get it but surely yorkyblue others than your glory hunting ways in football, you seem like a decent chap
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Glory hunting haha.

Complete the opposite really. If I was a glory hunter, wouldn't I of chosen Arsenal instead of following us into the worst times of our history?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:42 pm

So you claim. I can't prove otherwise so let's leave it at that but considering City had 5 fans before the money came in and now have a stadium that can fit 40,000+ I think. Don't think it's too far fetched an accusation.

But I can't prove otherwise nor do I care to. So let's leave it at that.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Just view previous posts on this forum before the takeover or the old versions of this board. :lol:

Remember Arsenal's average attendance was only 9000 more than our when we were in the third tier. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby HeSaidHisNameWasPorter » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Cripps wrote:A head in hands moment this is.

Wrestling is a sport, the rest that comes with it is entertainment hence sports entertainment.

I expect genuine pubbers like Callum and that other ughfg fella to not get it but surely yorkyblue others than your glory hunting ways in football, you seem like a decent chap

How can it be a " sport " when the result is pre ordained and the " action " is scripted ? It's Peyton Place in a ring . It's juvenile . It's garbage . It's ... So unbelievably crap . " Sports entertainment " , what in the name of Jehovah does that mean ? When I watched Giant Haystacks v Big Daddy as a kid it made me chuckle . It's only got more melodramatic and ludicrous in the decades since . World wrestling , lol . Mother Theresa v Linda Lovelace for the WWE Bantam Weight Title .
HeSaidHisNameWasPorter
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:56 pm

HeSaidHisNameWasPorter wrote:Mother Theresa v Linda Lovelace for the WWE Bantam Weight Title .

Now we're talking. Put Mr. T Versus Trevor Mcdonald on the undercard and I might even watch it
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Darts is more of a sport than Wrestling is. And like f**k are Darts players athletes.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:22 pm

Sims wrote:Darts is more of a sport than Wrestling is. And like f**k are Darts players athletes.

Darts is just played by working class drunks who have spent too much time in the pub to get a proper job.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Sims wrote:Darts is more of a sport than Wrestling is. And like f**k are Darts players athletes.

Darts is just played by working class drunks who have spent too much time in the pub to get a proper job.

it must suck to be you. You are clearly predudiced against a huge number of people, and talk about 'working class' people like you're somehow a better human being than them..... yet most of your sporting heroes are immigrants, or working class, or both. I wonder what Froch, Groves, or TH14 would think of you
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:13 pm

HeSaidHisNameWasPorter wrote:
Cripps wrote:A head in hands moment this is.

How can it be a " sport " when the result is pre ordained and the " action " is scripted ? It's Peyton Place in a ring . It's juvenile . It's garbage . It's ... So unbelievably crap . " Sports entertainment " , what in the name of Jehovah does that mean ? When I watched Giant Haystacks v Big Daddy as a kid it made me chuckle . It's only got more melodramatic and ludicrous in the decades since . World wrestling , lol . Mother Theresa v Linda Lovelace for the WWE Bantam Weight Title .

Thank f**k it's scripted. Imagine if it was reals you'd get boring ass fights like in mma. That's not scripted yet all they do is hold each other till one quits. How very dull.

As long as the fans don't know who wins, who gives a f**k if it's pre ordained or scripted? It's entertaining to millions of fans around the world.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 am

For me, the magical thing about sport is those crazy moments where you stop and think "...has he really just done that?" That's what makes it special and those are the moments that you remember for the rest of your life. I'm sure we'll all remember Wilshere's goal vs. Norwich this year, for example, because of the pure amount of skill required and the spontaneity of it all. It was one group of players trying to beat another to the best of their abilities and a moment of pure brilliance clinched victory. In pro wrestling, any "wow" moment is devalued because you know it happened because that's what a bunch of scriptwriters decided on, not because of an insane bit of skill or inspiration. Proper sport will always be more exciting.
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing