End of season Arsenal awards

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who's been our best player this season

Viviano
3%
Ramsey
62%
Koscielny
19%
Ozil
3%
Mert
8%
Giroud
No votes
Sagna
No votes
Gibbs
No votes
Szczesny
No votes
Cazorla
No votes
Massa
5%

Total votes : 37

End of season Arsenal awards

Postby Massa » Sun May 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Post yours

Best player: Aaron Ramsey - Missed a large chunk but we were mainly shit without him so it has to be him. Unbelievable how bad we look when he's not in the team
Worst player: Giroud - worst starting player so he gets it in relation to his role in the team
Favourite goal: Ramsey vs Norwich today - probably not the best, but the one I've watched a replay of the most times and therefore my favourite
Best moment: Beating 'pool to go 5 points clear, FA Cup semi-final
Worst moment: Drawing 0-0 with Man Utd
Funniest moment: Arsenal players She Wore video ffs
Best stubble: Jenkinson
Emiliano Viviano award: Emiliano Viviano
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Re: End of season Arsenal awards

Postby Santi » Sun May 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Best player: Mesut Ozil - Gave this based on his class, even though he did have a dip in form, but also for the boost that him joining gave our club at the start of the season when we were so desperate. Brilliant watching him and Ramsey lead our attacks, need Theo back and with a good striker i'll be very happy.
Worst player: Giroud - This guy just isn't good enough to play for us. Better tally than last season but I don't remember being so f***ked off with him last year. Seems too cocky now. Nacho comes close though, been so poor when he's come in.
Favourite goal: Wilshere v Norwich - goal of the season without doubt in my mind. Beautiful move, great link up and probably Girouds best contribution this season.
Best moment: Just every game I was actually able to attend, first season i've been able to go to the games live at our home ground and it's just awesome. Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool in the FA Cup is my best memory.
Worst moment: That 60 seconds against Chelsea where Giroud missed at one end and they went down the other and scored. Crushed our title hopes once and for all.
Funniest moment: that asian guy running alongside our bus on the preseason tour
Best stubble: OX
Emiliano Viviano award: Fabianski

imo ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun May 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Best player: Ramsey by a country mile. If he had stayed fit all season, we would be doing more than waiting for the FA cup right now imo. Another season of this play and we have a confirmed top 5 in the world midfielder at the Arsenal along with Mesut.

Worst player: Arteta - Not good enough in so many games this season. Just not a player for all occassions anymore at DM, his legs wont let him. Shame, but would be my first out of the door.

Favourite goal: Wilshere v Norwich. This goal was the highest of high quality, it was so intricate, so perfectly executed, so Arsenal that there is no other choice imo.

Best moment: Beating 'pool to go 5 points clear, beating pool in the FA cup a week after the humiliation, CONTINGENT day (top lols), beating the Scum 3 times, Theo showing the scum the score.

Worst moment: Drawing / 1-0 v Man U, 6-0 v Cheslea, 5-1 v pool, 3-0 Everton, Theo's injury, Rambo's injury, no striker January.

Funniest moment: That one guys rage face when Theo showed the scum the score, A1F's push for modship, The Gerrard slipgate memes, all the Moyes/United jokes (the nation came together).

Best stubble: Bendtner hands down. The whole Jesus look in fact.

Emiliano Viviano award: Abou Diaby - Has made more appearances than this guy, literally a Christmas miracle, only in May.
Last edited by Zedie on Sun May 11, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun May 11, 2014 9:40 pm

drawing 1-0 v man u? ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun May 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Mesüt wrote:Funniest moment: that asian guy running alongside our bus on the preseason tour

Forgot about that. Legendary!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun May 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Forgot about signing Ozil. Easily GOAT moment
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Zedie » Sun May 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Mesüt wrote:drawing 1-0 v man u? ;)

lol should have been drawing / 1-0 v man u.

Duly noted.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun May 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Best Moment: Winning the FA CUP [ Yes we will ]
Worst moment: January transfer window.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Kyle? » Sun May 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Best player: Laurent Bosscielny - How he didn't make the league team of the year is a mystery to me, easily the most consistent CB in the league this year, and given he's been class ever since he joined, i reckon we can call him world class now, because he's done it week in week out.

Worst Player: Olivier Giroud - Just so damn frustrating how many golden chances this guy spurns.

Favourite goal: Jack Wilshere vs Norwich/Carl Jenkinson vs Norwich - 2 very different types of goal, but both made my list for different reasons. The Wilshere goal was world class, easily the best goal scored in England all season, but the Corporal scoring today was pretty nice, he's as much a gooner as he is a gunner, so it must have felt damn good for him

Best moment: Knocking Liverpool out of the cup - Self explanatory

Worst moment: Not having enough to overcome Bayern

Funniest moment: Insert any random Lukas Podolski moment here e.g. Poldi the bus driver

Best stubble: Rambo

Emiliano Viviano award: Manuel Almunia
Last edited by Kyle? on Sun May 11, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Sun May 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Best Player: I've been saying Laurent Koscielny all season but Ramsey's goal today reminded me how incredible he was in those first few months. We're a different side with him in the team and he has the potential to become one of the best players in Europe, not just the Premier League. It warms my heart to see him excel after so much abuse and the club have done a great thing by signing him up to a long-term contract. Future captain.

Worst Player: Yaya Sanogo. I say that with regret as he's a hard-worker and has potential but out of the first team squad he is currently the least effective player and the one who has made the least impact. I hope he gets a loan next season to find his feet.

Favourite Goal: Wilshere vs. Norwich. Words don't do it justice.

Best Moment: Beating Spurs 1-0 back in September when they thought we'd be on our knees and their fancy new side would walk us over. We performed brilliantly and put them back in their place. A day later, we signed Ozil.

Worst Moment: Losing 5-1 at Anfield. I still remember watching the game and being in shock at what was happening. I felt ashamed of our performance that day and our title challenge was doomed from there on in.

Funniest Moment: Tim Sherwood's entire reign at Spurs, with his gillet throwing the particular highlight.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun May 11, 2014 10:40 pm

Best player: Aaron Ramsey - Our most influential player and now probably our biggest match winner.
Worst player: Giroud - We'd have won the league with a better striker tbh. Worst player in our starting 11 by far IMO.
Favourite goal: Bendtner vs Cardiff just because of the circumstances.
Best moment: Playing Liverpool off the pitch in the 2-0 win. Sunderland (A) is my favourite game of the season though.
Worst moment: All those thrashings and playing for a draw at home to United.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Sun May 11, 2014 11:50 pm

Mertesacker
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:21 am

Best player: Ramsey but Koscielny was the best player this season while Ramsey was out injured

Worst player: Sanogo. The least impressive player imo. Hopefully he becomes world class

Favourite goal: Wilshere vs. Norwich hands down

Best moment: The days leading up to the signing of Ozil and then the day it was actually confirmed that Ozil was a Gooner. The icing on the cake? Seeing GunnGunn's name changed to WengerMeSoftly :sneaky:

Also I cannot forget this gem:

Instant subscribe to ArsenalFanTV immediately after

Worst moment: Losing 6, nil to Chelsea on Wenger's 1000th game in charge. If I felt like cowering in the corner that day, I can only imagine how Wenger must have felt

Funniest moment: Gerrard slipgate :biggrin:

Best stubble: Ox. It came out of nowhere!

Emiliano Viviano award: Abou Diaby
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon May 12, 2014 3:19 am

Best Player: Our Welsh demi-god, Aaron Ramsey. Was comfortably the best player in the league when he was fit - we're literally a different team with him in the side. Expecting great things from him, future legend.

Worst Player: Giroud. The most infuriating player I've ever seen don an Arsenal shirt: posed no threat at all against the top teams and has hindered us significantly more than any other player. By far the most culpable player for our faltering in the league.

Favourite Goal: Rosicky vs Spurs. A fu*king rocket that came out of nowhere, won the NLD at WHL, and will live forever in Gooner memories.

Best Moment: Beating Dortmund 1-0 away from home. At the time it felt like a landmark win and you got the sense something special was brewing in the team.

Worst Moment: Theo Walcott's ACL tear. You just knew we were finished after that - felt like someone had died.

Funniest Moment: David Moyes. Enough said.

Best stubble: The suave Aaron Ramsey.

Emiliano Viviano Award: Don't quite understand the criteria but I'm saying the signing of Kallstrom. That will go down in the annals of our history: signing an injured player as cover for our already injured players. I don't think I'll ever see a more incompetent/illogical managerial decision as long as I live.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StockGooner » Mon May 12, 2014 3:38 am

Best Player: Aaron Ramsey. The influence he had over the team was truly shown when we were without him for so long. Laurent Koscielny came close, and I don't think Ramsey will retain this as Mesut Ozil I think will have a stormer next year.
Worst Player: Nacho Monreal. Started the season believing our left back first and backups were the envy of the rest of the league, and while Gibbs has done ok, Monreal really went backwards imo from the end of the 2012/13 season. Majority seem to go for Giroud, and while he may not be good enough to start for us as a striker, he's played nearly all season with no rest and I really wouldn't mind him as a 2nd/3rd choice.
Favourite Goal: Jack Wilshere v Norwich. That slight moment after the ball hit the net, when The Emirates was silent, the TV commentator was silent, I was silent, that moment signified to me that we'd just witnessed one of the greatest team goals ever.
Best Moment: Beating Tottenham 2-0 in the FA Cup, helped that I was surrounded by Gooners in the Blind Pig Pub (Best atmosphere of the year) and that moment went Rosicky walked the length of the pitch to chip Lloris, or when Walcott signalled the scoreline, the day was priceless
Worst Moment: Humiliating defeats to Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton. Summed up how badly we need a quality DM
Funniest Moment: How could you not say Tottenham Hotspurs. Spending over £100million on talent, freezing out their best striker who still gets half his wages paid by Manchester City, having a 62 year old substitute keeper, sacking a promising manager, hiring a gooner in Tim Sherwood, Tim Sherwood having a good managerial win %, the inevitable sacking of Tim Sherwood, us finishing above Tottenham AGAIN, and Tottenham having Thursday night football. In a normal season that would be hilarious and take the prize, but five words ring out; Davids Moyes and Manchester United.
Best stubble: Aaron Ramsey. Wooden spoon to Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
Emiliano Viviano Award: Emiliano Viviano, poor guy
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk