Sagna outs Phil Dowd.

Sagna outs Phil Dowd.

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:08 am

Okay wasn't sure where exactly to put this but figured considering it's a story about Sagna it'd go here... Don't know how many people read this cos I've not seen it anywhere on GW; But it's seeming a little more strange in regard to Dowd though - Granted this came from "The Sun" but they're not usually in the habit of posting stories [in our favour] so to speak so I dunno :dontknow:

REFFIN' OUTBURST.

Arsenal star Bacary Sagna last night insisted he was shocked at the language used by referee Phil Dowd at Newcastle. Sagna saw his team blow a 4-0 lead to draw 4-4 and admits he confronted Dowd when he awarded a penalty against team-mate Laurent Koscielny.

The French defender said: "I asked him for an explanation and he was pretty hard on me. I won't repeat what words he came out with but they should never come from a referee".

The defender also tried to defend team-mate Abou Diaby for his red card shame. Diaby was sent off for angrily pushing the Toon's Joey Barton to the floor after a heavy challenge.

Sagna said: "I've experienced the same problem (with Barton). I was the victim of several attacks and it gets in your head. Abou reacted badly but the referee should have taken disciplinary measures".

So is this all smoke and mirrors "Moyes style" from Sagna? Or... Was Phil Dowd "under a little bit of pressure" for some unknown reason on Saturday? Because it wasn't like he was having a "mare of a game" with any kind of fracas or w/e between the teams' players on a general scale before all the shit hit the fan...
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Sagna outs Phil Dowd.

Postby singaporegooner » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:17 am

i'm pretty sure there were a few F**k O**s being muttered during the match.
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Popey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:58 am

money rules the world!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 pm

That's my point though... Why oh WHY on God's green Earth would Phil Dowd react like he apparently did w/ Sagna or any player on the pitch for that matter when simply being asked "What's the peno for, ref!?" ?? - It happens all the time in games, even if the Peno is legit.

Unless of course Dowd just felt like he was being harassed by the Arsenal players at this point and had, had enough, of the comments? But then again I've never known a ref to start telling Rooney to shut his mouth and f'k off when he's literally shouting in his face with his Ogre breath :dontknow:

Something still doesn't feel right to me and even a couple of friends of mine who, to be honest, despise Arsenal [One's a Spud and the other just hates footie] said it seemed a tad weird.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Return to 3. Bacary Sagna