did not see this coming , if its true

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

did not see this coming , if its true

Postby Fordy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:57 pm

from sky sports

Bolton failed to dampen speculation over Sam Allardyce's future after the draw with Chelsea.

Reports on Saturday suggested Allardyce planned to quit the club at the end of the season.

Allardyce failed to attend the post-match press conference with assistant Sammy Lee standing in and the Bolton number two was remaining coy on the rumours regarding Allardyce.

"It's just speculation. But Sam has been ill and he didn't travel down with the team - he came down this morning," said Lee.

"So that is one of the reasons for my appearance.

"At the moment, as far as we are concerned, it is only speculation. As soon as we know anything about that, we'll let everyone know."

Lee was full of praise for Bolton's performance at Stamford Bridge as they came from 2-1 down to earn a 2-2 draw and damage Chelsea's title hopes.

"There's a misconception going around about Bolton. We don't feel we get the credit we deserve," added Lee

"But we are just trying to get as high up the table as we possibly can. We are desperate to get into the Uefa Cup and delighted to get another point today.

"We got into their faces a bit more in the second half."
Fordy

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:00 am

Yeah i was pretty shocked by this too.
But tbh i cant see Big Sam leaving Bolton yet, he has done wonders with that club & it was a dream move for him to manage the team he once played for, & besides why would he want to go to a club of a lower average positioning?

Is there trouble at Bolton with Sam & the board?

I know City are looking at being taken over, so if he took the helm there he would hvae the money to spend to improve the squad....but i just cant see anyone but Sam managing Bolton.

Great result for them to draw 2-2 against Chelsea yesterday.
Anyone see Fergies post match interview about giving Allardyce 2 kisses? was pmsl! :lol:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Windass10 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:45 pm

Hes resigned today aswelll shame.
Windass10

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:52 pm

He'll be at Man City. Hopefully Pearce will head off to Leeds to takw them to League 2. :)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue May 01, 2007 4:28 pm

I honestly thought it was tabloid BS, seems that one came came to bite me on the bum!

Gary Speed has been appointed as a coach by new boss Sammy Lee.
Speed has been doing part-time coaching at Wrexham and has his UEFA A Licence.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Return to Domestic Football