Cristiano Ronaldo wins young player and pfa players awards!

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Cristiano Ronaldo wins young player and pfa players awards!

Postby Windass10 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:50 am

Ronaldo secures PFA awards double

Ronaldo has had a season to remember so far
Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year by the Professional Footballers' Association.
The 22-year-old winger is the first player to win both awards in the same season since Andy Gray in 1977.

The Portuguese has recovered from the controversy of last year's World Cup to help United battle for three trophies.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba was second and Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes third in the senior award.

Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs, last year's winner Steven Gerrard of Liverpool and 19-year-old Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas also made ths shortlist.

Ronaldo was booed at the start of the season for his part in Wayne Rooney's sending off in the quarter-final match between England and Portugal in Germany.

But he has bounced back superbly and has so far scored 16 Premiership goals this season to fire United to the top of the table.

The winger said it was a big honour to be singled out by his peers.

He said: "It is a special night. It is amazing and a big honour for me to win trophies like this in the English Premier League. I am very proud.

I think he is the best player in the world and his season has been incredible

Sir Alex Ferguson

"My colleagues have voted for me and that is fantastic because the players know the qualities of players.

"I want to keep working hard and getting better because these trophies have now given me more motivation.

"This great team has helped me because when the team wins it is easier for us all to play with more confidence."

Fabregas was second and Tottenham's Aaron Lennon, 20, third in the voting for the young player award.

Ronaldo's team-mate Wayne Rooney (21) was also shortlisted, as were Reading striker Kevin Doyle, 23, and 18-year-old defender Micah Richards of Manchester City.

Eight Manchester United players made it into the team of the year while manager Sir Alex Ferguson was honoured with the PFA Special Merit Award.

Ferguson paid tribute to Ronaldo, who joined United from Sporting Lisbon in a £12.2m deal in August 2003.

"At this moment in time, I think he is the best player in the world and his season has been incredible," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PFA Premier League Team of the Year:
Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra (all Man Utd); Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo (all Man Utd) and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool); Didier Drogba (Chelsea) and Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham

Cristiano Ronaldo no doubt been the best player in the english league this season and deserves both awards no doubt credit where it due. Hes has been a pleasure to watch and throughout this season his skills have been class above. A real gem to the league... also well done to cesc in coming 2nd to ronaldo in the pfa young player of the year award aswell....

PFA Premier League Team of the Year:
Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra (all Man Utd); Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo (all Man Utd) and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool); Didier Drogba (Chelsea) and Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham
Windass10

Postby Fordy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:51 am

its a shame he is a cheating little t**t who should f**k off some where else but thats only my view.
Fordy

Postby CLS » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:18 am

Fordy wrote:its a shame he is a cheating little t**t who should f**k off some where else but thats only my view.

its pretty close to mine too
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:27 pm

CLS wrote:
Fordy wrote:its a shame he is a cheating little t**t who should f**k off some where else but thats only my view.

its pretty close to mine too

I'll echo those thoughts too! ;)

Well done to him, but i dont agree with it, he should have got one or the other not BOTH, call it sour grapes if you want, but it aint, there's a reason there is a YOUNG PFA award. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Windass10 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:34 am

Guys he deserves both and is the best by a mile, He isnt a cheat neither I dont think professional footballers would have voted for him if he was. overall he has made his point in England and doesnt need to prove no more he is simply the best this season as a player.
How can you call him a cheat back it up with facts before you speak please?
Windass10

Postby Piston Broke » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 am

Windass10 wrote:How can you call him a cheat back it up with facts before you speak please?

How about Diving c*** ? does that back it up for you he's won a couple of penalty's this year by diving !!!

Now i do agree he deserves both awards he's been good for Manure this year but it doesn't detract from the fact he still cheats albeit not as much as he did but he's a horrible person shows no loyalty to Man Utd for all their faith and training in him winds people up and generally pisses people off all the time

Good footballer, Arsehole of a person
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Windass10 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:24 pm

Piston Broke wrote:
Windass10 wrote:How can you call him a cheat back it up with facts before you speak please?

How about Diving c*** ? does that back it up for you he's won a couple of penalty's this year by diving !!!

Now i do agree he deserves both awards he's been good for Manure this year but it doesn't detract from the fact he still cheats albeit not as much as he did but he's a horrible person shows no loyalty to Man Utd for all their faith and training in him winds people up and generally pisses people off all the time

Good footballer, Arsehole of a person

He has shown man u all the loyality what ya on about?.. secondly name one pen he has dived for this season and then I'll talk?
Windass10

Postby Piston Broke » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:30 am

Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Windass10 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:46 am

HAHAHAH Piston dont make me laugh....
the first one was a pen when man u beat boro in the cup replay, Woodgate clipped his heels simple as stone ball penalty there... everyone said it, the second one was also a pen at boro schwarzer caught him, the third one at spurs was a dived id admit that.
The last game there he did the flapjack skill on boateng clear free kick point made. Loads of footballers dive but the fact is this footballer is the best winger and player this season.
Windass10

Postby whee » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Bit of semen on your chin there Windy.... Ronaldo semen in fact.

Yeah he's a good player, whoopie f*ckin do, he's also a complete f*ck head with a shit hair cut.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Windass10 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:43 pm

whee wrote:Bit of semen on your chin there Windy.... Ronaldo semen in fact.

Yeah he's a good player, whoopie f*ckin do, he's also a complete f*ck head with a shit hair cut.

Is your hair any better tell me?
Windass10

Postby Fordy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:30 pm

he is a little prick who plays for the scum and yes he does have a crap hair do and im getting sick of hearing about him.
Kaka showed his class last night and did it without jumping around like a big fairy.
Fordy

Postby Piston Broke » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:28 pm

the first one was a pen when man u beat boro in the cup replay, Woodgate clipped his heels simple as stone ball penalty there... everyone said it

No they didn't it was a dive !

the second one was also a pen at boro schwarzer caught him,

Not even f***ing close i suggest you watch it a few more times Schwarzer was no where f***ing near him

the third one at spurs was a dived id admit that.

Yup Another dive by him

The last game there he did the flapjack skill on boateng clear free kick point made.

Flapjack skill ??? no Wrong Wrong Wrong he made the play rode the tackle saw thta he was 2nd favorite to get to the ball and DIVED!!!

Loads of footballers dive

Not as much as this c*** !
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Windass10 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:12 pm

No Woodgate was a pen and dont deny it mate. The schwarzer one is a pen aswell. Fordy Leeds are no worser anyway. Ronaldo is a good player and he is gunna be world player of the year soon.
Windass10

Postby Fordy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:33 pm

nobody is saying he is not a good player and he prob does deserve his awards. But the fact is he is a t**t every one knows it apart from you and the scum
Fordy

Next

Return to Domestic Football