Mauricio Pochettino, new Arsenal manager?

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Mauricio Pochettino, new Arsenal manager?

Postby Jedi » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:07 am

UFGN wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I'd take Potch in a heartbeat but he is off the BM no doubt. He did great with a far less talented squad than Emery has.

I was sort of quizzical of it all when Sol came down the road but that turned out very well.

Poch had one of the best squads in Europe on paper, and some of them have regressed in the last two years

Yes but he built that squad from scratch on a shoestring budget and as much as we love to clown them for not getting any silverware during this era he made them very competitive and he got them to a CL final. Last two years the situation got a bit stale, kind of like with Klopp's Dortmund where it was clear it was time for him to move on. I have no doubt he will deliver at his next club and if he goes to a giant club like a Real i definitely see him lifting a CL.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:22 am

Good luck to him at Real then.

Don't want or need him here.

Emery might be f***ing up but going for someone worse is not the answer.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:12 am

I am amazed that people want a manager who has just been sacked cos he is taking his team nowhere, they sacked him cos he is shite and people want us to have him as the next manager.... :dontknow: :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 am

Nuggets wrote:I am amazed that people want a manager who has just been sacked cos he is taking his team nowhere, they sacked him cos he is shite and people want us to have him as the next manager.... :dontknow: :rofll:

Meanwhile, he heads to Bayern or Barca, while Arsenal are stuck with Don Tattaglia.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nuggets » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:22 am

Angelito wrote:
Nuggets wrote:I am amazed that people want a manager who has just been sacked cos he is taking his team nowhere, they sacked him cos he is shite and people want us to have him as the next manager.... :dontknow: :rofll:

Meanwhile, he heads to Bayern or Barca, while Arsenal are stuck with Don Tattaglia.

Sadly true but still no reason to bring him to the club, we have one failure we don't need another.
Nuggets

Postby Holdini » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:23 am

tbf he turned spurs from a banter club to a well respected club that got to a CL final. the reason they got someone like mourinho is because of poch's work, 5 years ago he would have laughed at them.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:27 pm

We are still laughing at them tbf
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby ArsenalXP » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:45 pm

bring poch in he's the best available choice there is just because he was tottenhams manager who cares he's still a good coach and one of the top 5-10 guys in the world I would pick to manage a team if I had to make a list
ArsenalXP
Michael Thomas

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:18 pm

Nothing to with him being Tottenham manager. Everything to do with him being a bit shit
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby ArsenalXP » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:26 pm

Ach wrote:Nothing to with him being Tottenham manager. Everything to do with him being a bit shit

he is not shit.. he is a top 10 manager in the world maybe borderline top 5 show some respect man.
ArsenalXP
Michael Thomas

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:22 pm

The "Poch in" contingent are full of shit . Poch needed 5 years to get Spurs to where they are now (zero trophies). You lot are screaming Emery Out after less than 18 months. You would never give a new manager that kind of time.

Remember when Spurs blew their title challenge in 15/16, and then fell to 3rd on the last day of the season, losing 5-1 to Newcastle, while we crushed Villa 4-0 to steal 2nd? That's Poch after 3 full years in the PL.

You'd be declaring jihad against the club if Emery did that and kept his job.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Domestic Football