Mauricio Pochettino, new Arsenal manager?

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Mauricio Pochettino, new Arsenal manager?

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:32 pm

25 points from his last 24 PL games. 14th in the league after £150m of new signings.

Mikel Arteta could do better.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Whoa

Poch is confirmed toilet but Arteta? Dear god. Glorified tea lady.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:32 am

Nuggets wrote:Harry Redknapp reckons axed Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino could take the Arsenal job - because Gunners fans would even cheer Saddam Hussein if they are winning. :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Harry grew up supporting the gunners, somewhere he got lost thank f**k!!!.
Who needs idiots like twitchy Redknapp
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:13 am

Would take him in a heartbeat. Just to see the spuds crying if nothing else.

But he’ll end up at Bayern or Juventus.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby RW_0 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:02 am

I'd love Poch at Arsenal.

He's the closest manager I've seen to a young Wenger (1996-06) in terms of attacking football and enhancing youth talent.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby RW_0 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:04 am

Sims wrote:Him being triphyless means nothing. He was at Spurs ffs

Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern won’t hesitate to hire him, if he goes to one of them and insta wins a league title (which is a given for the latter two) does that automatically make him good?

Imo he’s a top 5 manager in the world and he knew this was coming. He wanted to get rid of the big names who - quells surprise- have failed to perform this year for him

He would be a massive success here and is similar to when Klopp left Dortmund when he was majorly underperforming

Exactly Simsy old boy. Poch would do great here.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:09 am

He couldn't handle the players at Spurs once things got difficult, he'd have no chance with our bunch off prima-donnas ... we need a manager who can force the players to do what he wants a Pep, a Klopp or sadly a Morinho. Poch right now is a busted flush, let him prove himself somewhere else before we blow 10m a year on a spuds reject.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Poch definitely developed players like Son and Eriksen, so credit to him for that.

But with the Spurs XI he had from 2015-2019, he should have won at least one FA Cup. But he didn't. His team constantly choked when it mattered.

- Could've won the league in 15/16, but collapsed against Chelsea and we ended up pipping them to 2nd on the final day.
- Blew the FA Cup semi vs Chelsea in 2017, their best chance for a cup in years.
- Played a garbage squad for the CL final, ended up pwned by Divock Origi

I'm seeing much more late stage Wenger in him than I care to admit. But even Wenger managed a few trophies towards the end.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Jury is definitely out on Poch....too many failures in amongst the seemingly impressive performances. Im a long way from being convinced he's the right man for us.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Just because hes in shape and wears a tracksuit on the touchline doesn't mean hes a good coach
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Rockape wrote:Jury is definitely out on Poch....too many failures in amongst the seemingly impressive performances. Im a long way from being convinced he's the right man for us.

Yeah, right. Some fans and their ever-glowing ignorance.

Most Arsenal fans thought Unai was the Don, when a few of us knew he was not up for it beforehand and received confirmation that he was more than shit by December of last year.

Poch drove Spurs to their greatest period ever in the Prem and took them to the UCL Final. He's a top-5 manager in the world today. Under his helm, we'd be set for the next 5 years.

Did I forget to mention that Spurs overtook Arsenal under his watch?

Laurent Blanc has won more trophies than Klopp, Simeone, and Conte this decade. Should we get him?

Btw I'd take losing in the UCL Final over getting hopelessly embarrassed in the Europa League final any day of the week.

aniym wrote:Poch definitely developed players like Son and Eriksen, so credit to him for that.

But with the Spurs XI he had from 2015-2019, he should have won at least one FA Cup. But he didn't. His team constantly choked when it mattered.

- Could've won the league in 15/16, but collapsed against Chelsea and we ended up pipping them to 2nd on the final day.
- Blew the FA Cup semi vs Chelsea in 2017, their best chance for a cup in years.
- Played a garbage squad for the CL final, ended up pwned by Divock Origi

I'm seeing much more late stage Wenger in him than I care to admit. But even Wenger managed a few trophies towards the end.

Messi hasn't won an international trophy with Argentina. Guess you'd take Giroud over him?

On the final para, even Wenger? You're talking about one of the greatest managers in the history of football there—a man who changed the face of Arsenal and English football—the only manager who ever beat SAF to the title without having sugar daddy owners backing him, nor managing a club as rich as the likes of ManU.

Excuse moi?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:36 pm

As a fan how do we tell if a coach/manager is good or not? None of us have ever played for them, so how do we really know. All we can go on is his body of work and what they have won.

I think Spurs run to the final was a fluke, and their form this year proves that for me. And other than that, all he did was hop over us in the table, but we were already declining and haven't played well for years. I don't see how people can say he would be good here with any certainty at all. Maybe he would be maybe not, but we definitely don't know. I'd personally feel more comfortable with someone else more proven, if there are any left.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Angelito youre wishing super hard for a just-sacked Spurs manager to take over, and praising him for overtaking us at a time when you supported Wenger, who was just as responsible for that happening

And youre moaning that fans wanted to give our new manager a chance

All this and youre slagging people off for disagreeing with you

Wind your neck in.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:41 pm

I was Wenger Out since 2013/14.

Yeah, right.

Rest is noise.

Wenger's legacy remains. My love for Wenger will always remain.

Facts and emotions.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Angelito wrote:I was Wenger Out since 2013/14.

Yeah, right.

Rest is noise.

Wenger's legacy remains. My love for Wenger will always remain.

Facts and emotions.

Dont remember you wanting him out in 2013/14

I remember you being salty AF every time anyone criticised him, always using "respect for the man" yadayada as a cloak, and having much more to say about that than his failing management of the club

And I remember you never giving this manager a chance. Slagging reasonable people off for giving reasonable time to Emery is, in your words, just noise

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football