English Premier League ~ 19/20 Season

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Who will win the Premier League?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:23 am

Arsenal
7%
Liverpool
33%
Man City
57%
Chelsea
No votes
Man United
No votes
Tottenham
3%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 30

Re: English Premier League ~ 19/20 Season

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:57 am

Rockape wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Is anyone else confused why Liverpool fans are so bothered? This time last year I'm sure they said only the Champions League is important. This year they're saying scrap that and finish the league season. Very confusing set of fans!

If you need to ask that question........! :doh:

The only conclusion I come to is that they're a set of c****.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:06 pm

Nah, that's every set of fans.

I'd rather not have Liverpool win the League. For that matter, it doesn't matter if they win the UCL because they do that anyway. They've been in 3 UCL Finals since we were in one.

Same for City. They've won 4 League titles since we last won. So it doesn't really matter if City win it again. But City winning the UCL would hurt more because they've never won it.

A club that wins the UCL regularly would claim that UCL is the biggest trophy. A club that wins the League regularly will claim that the League is more important.

That's just the way it is.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:43 pm

Angelito wrote:Nah, that's every set of fans.

I'd rather not have Liverpool win the League. For that matter, it doesn't matter if they win the UCL because they do that anyway. They've been in 3 UCL Finals since we were in one.

Same for City. They've won 4 League titles since we last won. So it doesn't really matter if City win it again. But City winning the UCL would hurt more because they've never won it.

A club that wins the UCL regularly would claim that UCL is the biggest trophy. A club that wins the League regularly will claim that the League is more important.

But Liverpool fans now seem to be claiming the League is more important and they don't win it regularly!

I'm not sure what their concern is anyway. If they're as good as they tell us it will be easy to win next season.

I do like the idea of this seasons winners being; Liverpool*

*didn't actually win it.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Players to be asked to take 30% pay cut
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:09 pm

Ach wrote:Players to be asked to take 30% pay cut

what about the multi-billionaire owners and other highly paid executives? The focus on the players is wrong
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Jimmy Skitz wrote:

what about the multi-billionaire owners and other highly paid executives? The focus on the players is wrong

Most players probably already do things for charity and extra things with whats going on now. They just don't feel the need to have to tell everyone they're doing something.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:48 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

But Liverpool fans now seem to be claiming the League is more important and they don't win it regularly!

I'm not sure what their concern is anyway. If they're as good as they tell us it will be easy to win next season.

*didn't actually win it.

They're 2 games away from clinching their first League title in 30 years. 'Course they will claim so.

And, they probably won't win it next season. They're on course to amassing 100+ points this season. That'd equate to 197+ points in two seasons. No side can sustain that over three seasons. They will falter next season like City have this season.

Even if the season concludes now and Liverpool are declared champions, I would oppose that. They will win it if the season continues. But they haven't won it. It's not a mathematical certainty yet.

Jimmy Skitz wrote:

Capitalism—where millionaires and folks below them are supposed to ensure the financial safety of billionaires.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:05 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:

Most players probably already do things for charity and extra things with whats going on now. They just don't feel the need to have to tell everyone they're doing something.

exactly, I've seen a few stories get out about what the Vardy's do but they never seek any praise or publicity for it
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Phil71 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:31 pm

This has all come about since certain football clubs took the piss by putting their hand out for taxpayers money to pay their staff.

If football had acted sooner, and looked after its own affairs itself, nobody would have said anything.

Instead it dragged its feet - and some of the wealthiest clubs in the land put their hand into a pot that wasn't meant for them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:40 pm

what do you expect from a tax exile
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Angelito wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

*didn't actually win it.

They're 2 games away from clinching their first League title in 30 years. 'Course they will claim so.

And, they probably won't win it next season. They're on course to amassing 100+ points this season. That'd equate to 197+ points in two seasons. No side can sustain that over three seasons. They will falter next season like City have this season.

Even if the season concludes now and Liverpool are declared champions, I would oppose that. They will win it if the season continues. But they haven't won it. It's not a mathematical certainty yet.

Thats what I mean by Liverpool*. If they were declared winners it would always have that star by it showing that they never actually won it.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:25 pm

You have to complete the season end of
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby LMAO » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:44 pm

I wish Liverpool hadn't lost to Watford or that the season had ended before that game. Would have been incredible scenes for their possible Invincible season to get taken away.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Jimmy Skitz wrote:

Dont agree 100%
Of course all executives should be affected but so should players 100%
An easy model would be to take a over all club weekly wage bill, then take the lowest point that could be taken to self sustain that number so across the board at what ever number a percentage is given, it's just a matter of scale for the payment structure, a mathematical dream for some peeps.
Fact is its purely greed
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:09 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:You have to complete the season end of

So if this somehow carried until 2022 you think we should still finish the season?

No idea how they are going to deal with contracts that expire at the end of June. It gives unfair advantages. You can't just extend a contract.

Same as all this crap about having boot camps and finishing the season quickly with games every day behind closed doors. For people to think it's safe to fly in players back home from all over the world shows how many people still don't take this serious.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football