Wenger Turned Down Fulham Twice ??

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Wenger Turned Down Fulham Twice ??

Postby Clarkey T » Wed May 15, 2019 1:43 am

Is this actually true or do the papers just invent this stuff?

I can't see any reason why Arsene would have ever wanted to go to Fulham back in December - but apparently they thought they could get him.

And I can't see any reason why he would have wanted to go there a few weeks ago - and again they apparently went back in and thought they could tempt him.

After years of top 4 finishes and cup runs, why would he want to go and join a relegation battle, this is what baffles me about the rumour, every day you see players and managers linked with clubs and you think "ah yeah could see it happening but it won't happen" but Wenger to Fulham to me sounds like a total lie,

Mind you, yesterday i was seeing "Sacked Brighton boss Chris Houghton would be the perfect man for Celtic" and to me that just sounds like someone having a laugh at Chrissy's expense... Though Neil Warnock could win the SPL with the Bhoys.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Re: Wenger Turned Down Fulham Twice ??

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed May 15, 2019 7:15 am

They were desperate and he was out of management so you can't blame them for trying. Although I seem to recall Wenger said he would never manage another English club out of respect for Arsenal.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Return to Domestic Football