Emiliano Sala

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Emiliano Sala

Postby UFGN » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Its completely wrong what Cardiff are doing. It takes two to tango and im not having it that Cardiff, the richer club of the two, were somehow the unwitting party in a dodgy transfer, which it seems is what's being implied

Absolute rubbish
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:18 pm

UFGN wrote:Its completely wrong what Cardiff are doing. It takes two to tango and im not having it that Cardiff, the richer club of the two, were somehow the unwitting party in a dodgy transfer, which it seems is what's being implied

Absolute rubbish

I'm sure at the time their over-riding priority was to sign the player, and they weren't inclined to look too deeply into the qualifications of the people involved.

But that was then and this is now, and £15m is a lot of money. I'm sure also the terms of the contract probably state that the transfer fee should be paid through the agent. That's the usual way these days. If they do that having made public the fact that they know he is unlicensed, they would be breaking the rules.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:58 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:Its completely wrong what Cardiff are doing. It takes two to tango and im not having it that Cardiff, the richer club of the two, were somehow the unwitting party in a dodgy transfer, which it seems is what's being implied

Absolute rubbish

I'm sure at the time their over-riding priority was to sign the player, and they weren't inclined to look too deeply into the qualifications of the people involved.

But that was then and this is now, and £15m is a lot of money. I'm sure also the terms of the contract probably state that the transfer fee should be paid through the agent. That's the usual way these days. If they do that having made public the fact that they know he is unlicensed, they would be breaking the rules.

Anyone who handles large amounts of other peoples money has to have some sort of qualification or licence if they are UK based, the same as a solicitor for example. I remember that from when I was researching mortgages when I bought my place

But foreign agents and money going abroad I've no idea
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:04 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Absolute rubbish

Anyone who handles large amounts of other peoples money has to have some sort of qualification or licence if they are UK based, the same as a solicitor for example. I remember that from when I was researching mortgages when I bought my place

But foreign agents and money going abroad I've no idea

This guy is Scottish and his operation is based in France.

I guess the license is one associated with FIFA or UEFA.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:59 pm

I dont think agents handle the money. Large transfers such as this is either solicitors or the bank directly.

Would be amazed if a £15m transfer fee was paid indirectly via a agent.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Zedie wrote:I dont think agents handle the money. Large transfers such as this is either solicitors or the bank directly.

Would be amazed if a £15m transfer fee was paid indirectly via a agent.

Maybe you’re right.

Either way, the transfer is illegitimate because the agent is unlicensed.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:47 pm

It does seem quite low of Cardiff to say they aren't going to pay, especially when they said they were going to honour the terms of the contract.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:59 pm

Without wanting to be crude, if you buy a new phone and you don't insure it from day one, if you drop it and it breaks then you still gotta pay the 24 month contract

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:14 pm

UFGN wrote:Without wanting to be crude, if you buy a new phone and you don't insure it from day one, if you drop it and it breaks then you still gotta pay the 24 month contract

Perhaps not - if I can prove that the contract is invalid for some reason or other.

Besides - I didn’t drop it. It was damaged in transit.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby elkanofan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:15 pm

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47696561

Truly are a disgusting club

I've barely been on here and i think this her is what is just killing it for me and caring about the game.

Honestly all i care about is winning the Europa League, Everything else is just bull crap!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:45 pm

A 64 year old man from Yorkshire has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson were exposed a "potentially fatal" amount of carbon monoxide before the tragic plane crash on January 21.

The Air Accident Investigation Branch have said that Cardiff City forward Sala, who had only just signed for the club, had a carbon monoxide level of 58 per cent in his blood.

That amount can cause seizures, unconsciousness or heart attacks. Anything over 50 per cent is considered potentially fatal.

The AAIB have not added any further details, claiming: “When our investigation has concluded, we will publish a final report.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n=sharebar
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:41 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49825166

Surely Cardiff will be made to pay
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:45 am

Came across that leaked PM photo the other day.

There's something you can't un-see.

RIP that poor lad.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Cardiff ordered to pay the first instalment. About £6.5m
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext