English Premier League ~ 18/19 Season

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Who will be crowned champions come May?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Arsenal
14%
Chelsea
No votes
Liverpool
29%
Man City
57%
Man United
No votes
Tottenham
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 21

Re: English Premier League ~ 18/19 Season

Postby Angelito » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:14 pm

How many league titles has that Scouser won? He's gonna explode when City win the title.

:rofll:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 pm

indy23 wrote:Also lol to anyone who thought sarri ball could win you a league hahahahahahhAhaah. Turns out it's easy to butt f**k.

Managers need time to implement their style.

We can expect a huge squad overhaul at Chelsea over the summer as they will be looking to ship out the rotten apples and prepare for life without Hazard.

People seem to have forgotten that during their first season at Liverpool and City, both Klopp and Pep were the among the most ridiculed managers in football.

Not saying Sarri will be a success at Chelsea as he has a mountain of work ahead of him, it's just too premature to completely write him off just yet.

Even though I have nothing against the man, I do hope he fails miserably for obvious reasons.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:19 pm

They need to get rid of Hazard, think he holds them back. Yes I appreciate as their best player that sounds mental but he's become bigger than the club and decides to stop playing all too often.

Sell him for 100m and rebuild the squad.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:37 pm

just wow, chelski
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Zenith wrote:
indy23 wrote:Also lol to anyone who thought sarri ball could win you a league hahahahahahhAhaah. Turns out it's easy to butt f**k.

We can expect a huge squad overhaul at Chelsea over the summer as they will be looking to ship out the rotten apples and prepare for life without Hazard.

People seem to have forgotten that during their first season at Liverpool and City, both Klopp and Pep were the among the most ridiculed managers in football.

Not saying Sarri will be a success at Chelsea as he has a mountain of work ahead of him, it's just too premature to completely write him off just yet.

Even though I have nothing against the man, I do hope he fails miserably for obvious reasons.

Exactly. Tell that to the twats on here. Oh the defense sucks we are still leaking goals blah blah blah blah blah. We were leaking goals last year too. Same Defenders. Before papa got injured I thought we had a shot to win games at united or city. Then I saw that dumbass excuse of a defender mustafi come on and just knew what was about to happen.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby indy23 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Santi wrote:They need to get rid of Hazard, think he holds them back. Yes I appreciate as their best player that sounds mental but he's become bigger than the club and decides to stop playing all too often.

Sell him for 100m and rebuild the squad.

They will rebuild it with the his sale plus another 100 Mill
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Zenith wrote:

Gary Neville bang on about it right now. Chelsea need to stick with him and stick with the style, the worrying thing is we are going the other way in terms of style.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Don't think Chelsea's squad is that bad on paper, I understand they need a overhaul but it's 3 times in the last month they have folded Wenger style, it's very concerning for them, I think some of these foreign managers even Pep to an extent underestimate you have to adapt a bit to the PL, tbf to Pep he wasn't stubborn and adapted, time will tell if sarri will.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Chelsea looooool

But but sarri is god

Didn't someone on here say he was perfect Wenger replacement?

I agree
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Interest: waning » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 pm

Santi wrote:Carragher couldn't resist the dig at Arsenal, even when we're not involved whatsoever, could he?

scouse spitting c***
What did the ugly idiot say?
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Phil71 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Interest: waning wrote:
Santi wrote:Carragher couldn't resist the dig at Arsenal, even when we're not involved whatsoever, could he?

scouse spitting c***
What did the ugly idiot say?

Sarri has turned Chelsea into Arsenal.

Fuckin scouse c***.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Watching MOTD

How did Leicester not win this?

Harvey Barnes is garbage
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:49 pm

Is it just me or have scoreless draws become more rare in the Premier League?
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zedie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Zenith wrote:Is it just me or have scoreless draws become more rare in the Premier League?

The gradual erosion of the art of defending. The league used to be littered with quality back 4s and 442s to give a solid base and plenty of cover, but limited attacking opportunity.

Different formations ie 433 352 4321 etc require athlete FBs.

High lines require athlete CBs

Neither of those rely on proper tactical mastery, hence you get more defensive lapses and more goals from mistakes / lack of situational understanding.

The 0-0 died when it became more important to outscore your opponent instead of not lose to your opponent imo.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:49 pm

Zenith wrote:Is it just me or have scoreless draws become more rare in the Premier League?

It's because defenders aren't allowed to defend 'physically' anymore .. when Leicester won the title they kicked, tugged, climbed all over forwards for the entire season ... now just bump into a player (look at the Leicester penalty yesterday) and it's a foul. The days of 'saying hello' with a few crunching man and ball tackles are gone ... the best strikers are the best simulators, that says it all ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football