Put £20 on millwall to go up

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Put £20 on millwall to go up

Postby acworthforce » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:23 pm

Talking to millwall fan today hes saying harris has done wonders hes getting team play for the badge i expect millwall to be in the play offs come may im going place £20 on them next few weeksthats going be tasty with them playing you lot ,chelsea and man utd expect a few punch ups when they return to the top flight!
acworthforce
Patrick Vieira

Re: Put £20 on millwall to go up

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:44 pm

I would love it if they did, it would be entertaining to see the fans of the 80s come into our modern prawn sandwich bowls and remind us of what football fandom is all about.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I would love it if they did, it would be entertaining to see the fans of the 80s come into our modern prawn sandwich bowls and remind us of what football fandom is all about.

I have always wondered why the people in that area are so feeble and cowardly (I'm talking about Highbury, Stoke Newington, Finsbury Park area).

Don't get me wrong their up for muggings and jumping people in numbers but when it comes to manning up for a one on one and actually getting down to it they are pathetic.

Yet areas right next to them like Tottenham, Millwall, West Ham etc do have fighting spirit.

I always found that weird, I grew up in Stoke Newington and as soon as I moved back to my birth town it definitely made more of a man out of me, you actually had to get down and fight not rely on pulling blades, hiding behind numbers or calling your older brother.

The little gangs around my way would always get bullied by gangs from Wood Green, Dalston or Tottenham.

Just an interesting observation ........ it shows in our fanbase, AFC have always been known to have a duff firm.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:36 pm

The Herd who organised the last big hooligan fight in Europe can't really be considered a "duff" firm. They were simply just a group of normal people who had enough and were standing up against the organized firms, we just so happened to have a very good leader in The Bear as I understand it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Haha. Wolves and Cardiff are all but on their way up.

Villa and Fulham will have no problem beating Millwall even if they did manage to reach the play offs.

Please don't waste your money.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 pm

MILLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:16 am

Royal Gooner wrote:I would love it if they did, it would be entertaining to see the fans of the 80s come into our modern prawn sandwich bowls and remind us of what football fandom is all about.

I think it is down to "nutter-dom". The only time I have ever been properly scared at a football match was a League Cup game at Highbury vs Millwall fans were all over the West Stand intimidating everyone, all the Arsenal fans there were quiet - me included - and I can take care of myself no problem!

Millwall fans do dumb shit like attacking police horses and rioting, it is literally like they have nothing to lose. West Ham fans are a step down from that level of lunacy as are Leeds fans. Then you have the rest of the bad fans.

As for tough areas, I grew up in Holloway/Finsbury Park/Archway, from age 17 upwards I saw various firms from various manors. Can't say my area was weak in any way shape or form when compared to others - especially when going out and seeing other firms and mutual respect was shown. Im talking at college raves, all dayers, clubs, carnival, etc.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Özilfan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:52 pm

Millwall are scum, why would you want them up? Their fans continue to racially abuse black and asian players - is that f**k what football fandom is about, Royal Gooner. Quite a few Millwall fans are National Front members and some even go on "n***** hunts" ffs. They make Chelsea's racist lot look like social justice warriors by comparison.

Say NO to Millwall. They attract the absolute scum of London to their fanbase.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Özilfan wrote:Millwall are scum, why would you want them up? Their fans continue to racially abuse black and asian players - is that f**k what football fandom is about, Royal Gooner. Quite a few Millwall fans are National Front members and some even go on "n***** hunts" ffs. They make Chelsea's racist lot look like social justice warriors by comparison.

Say NO to Millwall. They attract the absolute scum of London to their fanbase.

They may be relics of the 80s but that is needed as a reminder to the rest of English football of how wrong we have gone in terms of the tourists, expensive shirts, high ticket prices, family days out. You can get a season ticket there for less than you pay for 1 game in club level at Arsenal. Having them in the PL would put it back on the national stage and start a discussion. Granted the abhorrant racism should get sorted out quickly.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Return to Domestic Football