English Premier League ~ Season 17/18

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Who will win the Premier League?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:25 am

Arsenal
18%
Chelsea
5%
Everton
No votes
Leicester City
3%
Liverpool
3%
Manchester City
51%
Manchester United
18%
Tottenham Hotspur
3%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 39

Re: English Premier League ~ Season 17/18

Postby Tex Texas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Manchester teams over the top spending, they are like chelsea only renting. So disgraceful.

1. Arsenal
2. Manu
3. Man city
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6.Tottenham

Relegated: Brighton, Burnley, Southampton
Independent Finland 1917-2017 100 Years

coyg
Tex Texas
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zedie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:31 am

BS221B wrote:
Danny Rose: I'm prepared to leave Spurs unless they pay me what I'm worth

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -00tz6tf77

Gotta love Danny Rose bringing this shit just day before PL starts.

Can you blame him though? dude is 27 years old have zero honours. He is going to retire as nobody at this point.

Apparently rose was fined 2 weeks wages for the sun comments but walked into a heroes welcome at training.

Seems like he's not the only one that is prepared to live on scraps.

This could become a perfect storm for the start of their season. :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:35 pm

England's first choice left back is being paid by Spurs the same as Connor Wickham is being paid by Palace, let that sink in, Spurs have another year, 2 at most to win things or that team will leave, starting with Dele
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby BS221B » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:30 pm

BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:33 pm

BS221B wrote:https://streamable.com/jwg4c

:rofll:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:40 am

Liverpool dreadful looool
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:51 am

Think we need to watch other clubs more closely before moaning constantly about ours

Yes Liverpool undoubtedly had a better season than us last year but for supposed top class manager he is appalling at fixing this leaky defence they have. Whether they win today or not, they have the same issues cropping up as last year already. They also look set to lose their star man like we did for years and have hardly made any signings to set the world on fire.

Same goes for Spurs - their best ever season in PL, came 2nd...lost their main RB and signed diddly squat so far. Rose wants out, Alli and Kane will soon follow for new deals at minimum so what progress have they made?

Chelsea have thrown away a 20 PL goals striker and spunked 60m on a bang average replacement, otherwise signed just a CB and failed elsewhere. Small squad, so whilst champions look set to struggle atm.

Man City and United have strengthened significantly and needed to. Arsenal have addressed 1 key area, 1 soon to be key area and still have a gaping hole in the middle (CM).

Don't get me wrong, I'm as frustrated as any Arsenal fan but just MAYBE it's not as easy as we always think..otherwise why aren't these clubs who did better than us finding it easy to strengthen with the allure of CL football? Wenger has f***ked up many times for sure but unless there is a manic final 3 weeks I'd be very disappointed as a fan of Chelsea, Liverpool or Spurs this summer.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Liverpool are worse at the back than us and this is almost their first choice defence
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby dc16 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Sims wrote:Liverpool are worse at the back than us and this is almost their first choice defence

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

That was comical defending.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Mesüt wrote:Think we need to watch other clubs more closely before moaning constantly about ours

Yes Liverpool undoubtedly had a better season than us last year but for supposed top class manager he is appalling at fixing this leaky defence they have. Whether they win today or not, they have the same issues cropping up as last year already. They also look set to lose their star man like we did for years and have hardly made any signings to set the world on fire.

Same goes for Spurs - their best ever season in PL, came 2nd...lost their main RB and signed diddly squat so far. Rose wants out, Alli and Kane will soon follow for new deals at minimum so what progress have they made?

Chelsea have thrown away a 20 PL goals striker and spunked 60m on a bang average replacement, otherwise signed just a CB and failed elsewhere. Small squad, so whilst champions look set to struggle atm.

Man City and United have strengthened significantly and needed to. Arsenal have addressed 1 key area, 1 soon to be key area and still have a gaping hole in the middle (CM).

Don't get me wrong, I'm as frustrated as any Arsenal fan but just MAYBE it's not as easy as we always think..otherwise why aren't these clubs who did better than us finding it easy to strengthen with the allure of CL football? Wenger has f***ked up many times for sure but unless there is a manic final 3 weeks I'd be very disappointed as a fan of Chelsea, Liverpool or Spurs this summer.

Makes is more so infuriating.

A striker in 2015 and we'd have won the League - 15/16. Likewise, we need a CM this summer (assuming Alexis is staying). I know we can challenge for the title if we get in a top-quality CM. Apart from City, on paper at least, none of the other clubs have impressed me. If we're smart enough with the CM thing, it could be between City and Arsenal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Sims wrote:Liverpool are worse at the back than us and this is almost their first choice defence

Exactly what I was thinking. Their attack rescues them a lot of the time.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BS221B » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:28 pm

im so mad since im missing watford-liverpool game
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:46 pm

firmino <3

goal and assist for my fpl team cheeeeeeers
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Arsenal fans celebrating a Liverpool goal. Never would have happened in my time. Probably why our team is shit too, too concerned about having Vardy as captain of their FPL team to mark him.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Mesüt wrote:Think we need to watch other clubs more closely before moaning constantly about ours

It's not just that, it's the double standard as well. EliteKiller was going on about how Spurs did fabulous business by selling their fullback who just runs, and if they lost Eriksen and Rose as well, it would be fabulous business
This summer Spuds could sell - Walker (runs fast) - Rose (50% injured) - Eriksen (yup he's good) for a combined TWO HUNDRED MILLION ...

When they sold Bale for 85m they recycled that money and moved from 6th to finish twice in the top four .... imagine what they could do with another 200m ....

Levy gets top dollar for his good but not great players ... we give our best ones away ... they have a huge advantage ....

"All players will soon leave for nothing" feck of Wonger you're an idiot ....

Imagine if we did this after finishing 2nd, the same posters would be rioting, but because Spurs did it, it's a fabulous move and Walker (who was the best fullback in the league last season) is suddenly shit because Spurs sold him

But when it comes to City, the same people say they are fixing the holes in their team, even though they bought a player who supposedly only runs.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football