Has Pochettino turned Spurs into another Stoke?

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Has Pochettino turned Spurs into another Stoke?

Postby Jedi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Sims wrote:Liverpool play by far the best football in the League, no-one comes close to them

I assume you didn't watch Liverpool last season against anyone outside top 6?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:06 pm

City play the best football
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby matelot » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:42 pm

spuds play garbage long ball closing down football,agree Liverpool can be good at home,City the best of the bunch yet the stats say they're still poorer than us.
matelot
Michael Thomas

Postby matelot » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:
matelot wrote:The facts and figures speak very loud and clear that they are very similar to Stoke and very similar to 'big Sams' old Bolton and Blackburn teams..

Nah, they played some fantastic football (unlike Arsenal) and would be my favorite team to watch if i was a neutral. Sadly can't enjoy it since i hate their guts.

Have you been brainwashed by talk sport?
matelot
Michael Thomas

Postby matelot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:31 pm

After watching the spuds jammy win against a far superior footballing outfit in Dortmund,they remind me very much of the Wimbledon side of the early ninetees.Nil flair,just hoofing balls up to Kane hoping he'll get them out of jail.The trouble is these anti footballing teams seem to be getting the upper hand.
matelot
Michael Thomas

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 pm

matelot wrote:After watching the spuds jammy win against a far superior footballing outfit in Dortmund,they remind me very much of the Wimbledon side of the early ninetees.Nil flair,just hoofing balls up to Kane hoping he'll get them out of jail.The trouble is these anti footballing teams seem to be getting the upper hand.

You do know that Spurs were 3rd in the possession stats last season .... they were above us .... and that they completed more passes with a higher success rate than we did ...

If they're Wimbledon what are we Accrington Stanley?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Anti football?

Missed the first goal I see
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Kane actually turned into the big red machine and choke slammed the defender

Was quite funny to watch tbh
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby matelot » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:12 am

Until video technology is brought in anti-footballing outfits like the spuds will continue to flourish.They completed 248 passes to Dortmunds 648..
matelot
Michael Thomas

Postby Cripps » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 am

Don't give a shit about passes. As Arsenal fans I've had enough of passing stats.

All about goals
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:16 am

matelot wrote:Until video technology is brought in anti-footballing outfits like the spuds will continue to flourish.They completed 248 passes to Dortmunds 648..

They won 3-1 .....

Arsenal posted their highest amount of possession in a Premier League game (77.3%) since 2003-04 - The Gunners attempted 732 passes, 520 more than Stoke 212 in the game.

Stoke and we lost 1-0 ....

I luv stats but at the end of the day the only ones that count are goals for versus goals against .......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby matelot » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 am

If there was a TMO at the spuds/Dortmund game last night,the result would have been about 2-5 to Dortmund,everybody can see this expect Talk Sport who seem to love the spuds and their crappy style..posting.php?mode=reply&f=89&t=30793&sid=00ad6f89cb544dc9223da2b2ba84814f#
matelot
Michael Thomas

Postby Zedie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:49 am

They get away with a lot of fuckery but then again they supply the England team with the majority of players so media bias will be in effect.

They do however play attractive football and get results, so they'll be excused until they choke at the last hurdle and endure a month of ridicule by everyone once it's clear they were only ever providing pressure on the eventual winners and were never in it etc.

Their time will come. They have been rinsing the same 11 for a while now and even though they've added to their ranks, it's still going to be a struggle for them playing in two competitions.

Their key players will start feeling the effects of minimal rotation sooner or later and when their backup can't provide the same results as the first 11, questions will start getting asked of them.

Also, it's only a matter of time before their wage structure puts certain players on tilt ie rose and the big offers start rolling in for players that haven't renewed much like the situation we are in now.

Their time will come as it always does.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Weird how they have Dele Alli suspended for this game, and got another red card here, but never get one in the PL
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:31 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Weird how they have Dele Alli suspended for this game, and got another red card here, but never get one in the PL

Not really ... there's no chance Vertigo would have got a red for that arm waving in the EPL ... the Italian (I think) officials were clueless which mostly hurt BD ... but they were in all fairness terrible to both sides all night ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football