Has Pochettino turned Spurs into another Stoke?

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Has Pochettino turned Spurs into another Stoke?

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 am

Well deserved bump. Tottenham continue to be the dirtiest, nastiest team in the league. Full of cheats, divers and they regularly make horror tackles yet they always get away with it.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 09, 2019 12:02 pm

I'm hoping they don't have money and can't attract big players in the future. But guess we'll see. A CL win could definitely get them some big names they might not otherwise get.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby north bank gooner » Thu May 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Gooners won't like hearing this, and I say this as someone who absolutely despises what goes on at the swamp in N17. BUT, they have overtaken us now and we have to do something about it.

To compare the spuds with Stoke is comical.

Just playing in the CL every season, is worth tens of millions to them.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... his-season
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 09, 2019 3:32 pm

It is hard to admit, but true.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Clarkey T » Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Credit to Spurs where it is due,

Football is not just about managers, it's about the way in which a team is run.

Now that Tottenham are in a new stadium, we need to see if they are allowed to spend big or if they build and develop.

This sort of comment makes me makes me laugh...
CynicalGooner wrote:Well deserved bump. Tottenham continue to be the dirtiest, nastiest team in the league. Full of cheats, divers and they regularly make horror tackles yet they always get away with it.

Sometimes people just make things up to be critical, we need to accept there is a reason for them catching up and overtaking us, it's nothing to do with them being along the road and rivals etc,

They haven't brought a player for 18 months and they've finished 4th and made it to the CL final, well done to them, fantastic effort.

Good luck to them in the final, i'll admit that although i like Klopp, in his first season at Liverpool i remember him moaning about an opponent playing defensive football - for me if a club doesn't have such talent or finances they i welcome them playing however they want to try and get a point out of it, where as i don't think i've ever seen Mauricio Pochetiniho criticising a team for doing what it takes to get a result and for that reason i hope they win the CL.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby StLGooner » Wed May 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Another Gooner wanting the spurs to win the CL!!!!!! WTF is this world coming to for real!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BrunelGooner » Wed May 15, 2019 10:22 pm

StLGooner wrote:Another Gooner wanting the spurs to win the CL!!!!!! WTF is this world coming to for real!!

Honestly, I just don't get it.

How any Arsenal fan can willingly want Spurs to win the Champions League, especially before we have done, is absolutely bonkers and then some.

The ramifications of the unthinkable happening would be devastating. Not just financially, but in terms of pride, in terms of reputation, in terms of perception of each respective club on a global basis.

I don't care if you were born here or if you were born halfway across the world - any sane Arsenal fan should not be rooting for them lot. Never.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 16, 2019 12:09 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Another Gooner wanting the spurs to win the CL!!!!!! WTF is this world coming to for real!!

How any Arsenal fan can willingly want Spurs to win the Champions League, especially before we have done, is absolutely bonkers and then some.

The ramifications of the unthinkable happening would be devastating. Not just financially, but in terms of pride, in terms of reputation, in terms of perception of each respective club on a global basis.

I don't care if you were born here or if you were born halfway across the world - any sane Arsenal fan should not be rooting for them lot. Never.

And the reason was because the other teams coach was having a moan. Like wtf kind of reason is that to want your most hated rival to win the biggest trophy in football. I'm mind boggling!! :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu May 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Clarkey T wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Well deserved bump. Tottenham continue to be the dirtiest, nastiest team in the league. Full of cheats, divers and they regularly make horror tackles yet they always get away with it.

Sometimes people just make things up to be critical, we need to accept there is a reason for them catching up and overtaking us, it's nothing to do with them being along the road and rivals etc,

Maybe "people" do, but I certainly don't. Everything I said has a basis in fact. And not only have they been extremely dirty since Poch took over, they've been unbelievably lucky this season.

Perceptions can change very quickly and Spurs could EASILY have finished outside the top 4 - in fact it's a miracle that they didn't.

They also got to the CL final by going through on away goals twice, in ties where they were definitely second best
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby matelot » Thu May 23, 2019 1:16 pm

Any Arsenal fan who wants the spuds to win the champions clearly doesn't mix with many N17 swamp dwellers or lives a middle class life where banter doesn't exist and people use the word soccer.
matelot
Michael Thomas

Postby matelot » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Spurs lose the battle of the English long ball bores,hahaha..
matelot
Michael Thomas

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:14 am

BrunelGooner wrote:

Thats the key word right there.....sane, as it shows he is not, rooting for the spuds, Sad day when a so called Gooner fan is rooting for the spuds.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Jedi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:04 am

Nice
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zenith » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:54 am

So predictable. :lol:

Just like Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen are also entering the last year of their contract.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Sims » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:05 pm

he says he'll sign a new contract if a big move doesnt materialise, tho
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football