English Premier League ~ Season 2016/2017

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Who will win the Premier League this season?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:17 pm

Arsenal
14%
Chelsea
8%
Everton
No votes
Leicester City
No votes
Liverpool
2%
Manchester City
29%
Manchester United
41%
Southampton
No votes
Tottenham Hotspur
2%
West Ham United
2%
Other
2%

Total votes : 49

Re: English Premier League ~ Season 2016/2017

Postby Angelito » Thu May 25, 2017 5:21 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:Sagna, Willy, Clichy & Navas all leaving City. It's been confirmed. Zabeleta on his way out too.

Pep is being ruthless, clearing out all the players that he don't see fit. Watch him do what Mourinho can't do and bring in the right players for the team.

It's going to be Peps season next season.

Nah, can't be sure unless you see the players he buys.

Last summer, most people were going gaga over City and United. I never thought then that either City or United would win the World Cup (as was the narrative). So, it all depends on their transfer activities. I have no doubt that City will challenge for the League though.

Meanwhile, we don't have CL football and all other teams in the top-6 do. Could next season be our season? :hiding:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 pm

We have Spursday night football though
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu May 25, 2017 5:26 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:We have Spursday night football though

Won't be a problem until the Ro32 or even the Ro16. Could easily play a semi-decent side until the Ro32.

Ospina
Gabriel - Mertesacker - Monreal
Bellerin - Elneny - Ramsey/Wilshere - Gibbs
Theo/Lucas ------------------------- Iwobi
Lucas/Giroud/Welbeck

Assuming that we sign a CM and a ST.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MesutOzil11 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Angelito wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:Sagna, Willy, Clichy & Navas all leaving City. It's been confirmed. Zabeleta on his way out too.

Pep is being ruthless, clearing out all the players that he don't see fit. Watch him do what Mourinho can't do and bring in the right players for the team.

Last summer, most people were going gaga over City and United. I never thought then that either City or United would win the World Cup (as was the narrative). So, it all depends on their transfer activities. I have no doubt that City will challenge for the League though.

Meanwhile, we don't have CL football and all other teams in the top-6 do. Could next season be our season? :hiding:

The hype over City was just a media frenzy. I don't think anyone truly believed that Pep would win the league in his first season.

The early clear-out is a sign of things to come. He's not messing around this summer and wants his squad in early. I expect City to make a lot of signings in the next month or two so he can get his squad in and settled.

Im really looking forward to seeing what he builds up there.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby BS221B » Thu May 25, 2017 8:50 pm

https://streamable.com/8fpx5

i love this guy so much ffs. him and pep are my heroes.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Fri May 26, 2017 2:58 am

Angelito wrote:

City needs an overhaul everywhere. Should they land all of Ederson, Van Dijk, Mendy, Walker, Fabinho, and Bernardo Silva, they'll be well on their way. That'll cost them over £200MM, though. But it's City, they'll do it.

Jose's second season is usually when the magic happens, and there will most likely be a revert to the classic United 4-4-2 if they bring in Griezmann.
If Jose can get Pogba to play well in a 2-man midfield, then United will be downright formidable. Potentially losing De Gea to Real shouldn't hurt too much if Oblak is his replacement.

Chelsea will compete like usual since Hazard doesn't fit into Real's plans.

Tottenham won't do much imo. Wembley's massive field is a significant deviation from the small field at WHL.

Liverpool will be a dark horse if, and I say this with a big if, Klopp can sort out the defense.

As for us, if Wenger is still here, then it's a complete nonstarter. We'll continue our status quo of fighting for top 4.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby BS221B » Fri May 26, 2017 3:21 am

^ Pep is interested in Alex Sandro, Kyle Walker, Rüdiger, Bonucci and Weigl. He already have the best CM (Gundogan) in league but need to keep him stay fit.

Liverpool is my team to watch next season. Klopp is preparing to go big in summer. They will be contenders for sure.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby MesutOzil11 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:25 am

BS221B wrote:^ Pep is interested in Alex Sandro, Kyle Walker, Rüdiger, Bonucci and Weigl. He already have the best CM (Gundogan) in league but need to keep him stay fit.

Liverpool is my team to watch next season. Klopp is preparing to go big in summer. They will be contenders for sure.

Mine aswell!

As much as I'm confident about it being Peps season, I think Pool will definitely push them.

If klopp can strengthen up that defence, bring in a top striker and find a plan B over the summer they will definitely be contenders next year.

They got everything right this season apart from those silly losses/draws to the smaller teams.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Fri May 26, 2017 10:27 am

Klopp needs a squad of about 35 to cope with his style & the amount of games his teams gonna play this season

They struggled without European football let alone with it
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Fri May 26, 2017 11:41 am

^ Don't think Liverpool struggled as much as City or United did (in the League at least). At this stage, Klopp is a better manager than both Jose and Pep, so I'm intrigued what he may do.

If Pep had this Liverpool squad, he'd probably be in the hospital having a nervous breakdown, while Mou would see Liverpool languishing at 10th--whining about Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ESR10 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:14 pm

Angelito wrote:^ Don't think Liverpool struggled as much as City or United did (in the League at least). At this stage, Klopp is a better manager than both Jose and Pep, so I'm intrigued what he may do.

If Pep had this Liverpool squad, he'd probably be in the hospital having a nervous breakdown, while Mou would see Liverpool languishing at 10th--whining about Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

hahaha so true
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Zedie » Fri May 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Sims wrote:Klopp needs a squad of about 35 to cope with his style & the amount of games his teams gonna play this season

They struggled without European football let alone with it

Exactly. Mourinho too. A whole season in all comps parking the bus v anyone half decent wont work for anything apart from the two cups hes won this time round and theyre not in one of them next year.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri May 26, 2017 6:22 pm

this is f***ing quality
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby MecurialGooner » Fri May 26, 2017 6:31 pm

City have arguably the best YouTube channel of the lot. Their PR team does an excellent job tbh. Ours isn't bad either, its up there for sure, but its just not quite as good as City's currently in terms of content, regularity of uploads and how much in-depth access they show on there
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Fri May 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Sims wrote:

this is f***ing quality

That's such an Awwww video. :redface:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext