Chelsea appoint Conte on a three year deal

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Chelsea appoint Conte on a three year deal

Postby Fenice » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Callum wrote:Good appointment for Chelsea. Conte was probably the second-best manager they could have gotten after Simeone.

Question is, why not Simeone? Bring him home.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Everyone is at the very least trying something to move forward while we are happy the annual top 4 trophy. I wouldn't be surprised if the club announce a new three year extension for Wenger this summer.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:25 pm

isaisdso wrote:cool, he is shit.

he isnt shit.

Its more of a question will his style work or not?
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:27 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Everyone is at the very least trying something to move forward while we are happy the annual top 4 trophy. I wouldn't be surprised if the club announce a new three year extension for Wenger this summer.

This is why I can feel my passion and enthusiasm has dwindled to its lowest ever level, its such a depressing situation we are in.

Even with the departures this summer I still don't think we will spend over £20million overall.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Iron_Fist » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:30 pm

This guy can't handle the pressure and adversity of losing his hair. No way will he handle the pressure of getting humbled at home by Bournemouth, Southampton and the likes.

Iron_Fist
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby BS221B » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:17 pm

elkanofan wrote:

he isnt shit.

he is shit. he has no achivement in Europe.

Winning Serie A with Juventus hardly an achievement either.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elkanofan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:36 pm

isaisdso wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

he isnt shit.

he is shit. he has no achivement in Europe.

Winning Serie A with Juventus hardly an achievement either.

I know he is certainly no elite level manager. Although don't underrate what he did at Juventus, he built that squad! He moulded that team into a force! Before Conte joined Juventus were like what we see Inter or Roma are now,

Juventus had a dreadful start to the season as they put too much emphasis on the overrated Pogba in attack and the 4-4-2 diamond system failed, they went back to 3-5-2 and have been unstoppable ever since. Allegri is ok, but he really is just continuing from the force that Conte created. The 3-5-2 has worked so well Juventus have almost become defined on it.

Thing is Chelsea need another attack minded manager similar to hiddink to create some security, but they have gone with another defensive tactical disciplinarian without having the squad to really carry out what he wants. I just don't think he will do well really, Conte was a big player for juventus and really cares and got behind his team, at Chelsea unless he's at the very least fighting for the top 4 next season i can't see him lasting long, we will need to bring instant success.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BS221B » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:05 pm

Juventus had Bonnucİ, Barzagli, Chiellini and Marchisio before Conte. So the team already had solid core.

He is tactically poor and showed it several times in CL, he cant adapt either. Chelsea would go nowhere with him, which i'd love to see.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:56 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Everyone is at the very least trying something to move forward while we are happy the annual top 4 trophy. I wouldn't be surprised if the club announce a new three year extension for Wenger this summer.

This is why I can feel my passion and enthusiasm has dwindled to its lowest ever level, its such a depressing situation we are in.

Even with the departures this summer I still don't think we will spend over £20million overall.

This is why I can't be arsed anymore. Next season—along with an extension for Wenger—will only further solidify the absolute joke of a club Arsenal has become.

City - Guardiola
Liverpool - Klopp
Chelsea - Conte
United - Mourinho?

Even:
Tottenham - Pochettino
Leicester - Ranieri
Southampton - Koeman
West Ham - Bilic (jury is still out)

Have better managers than Arsenal.

Another summer of petty spending, and we could very well find ourselves out of the top 4 be season's end. City has Guardiola, Klopp is going to improve Liverpool massively this summer, Conte will rebuild Chelsea into a force, and Mourinho gets results (barring this abysmal season).

If Wenger is given a new contract, Arsenal will fall out of their beloved top four by conclusion of the 2017-18 season. It would make me giddier than a fat kid in a candy store if I woke up to the news that Wenger was sacked and we've agreed a deal to bring Simeone in, but we all know that's not happening with Kroenke and the Board.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby ESFSAFC » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:16 pm

he won't have much say in transfers but they will still be much better next season.

We stand still, I can see us spending £50m which will just be enough to secure fourth in a league with a Pep City, Klopp Pool, Conte Chelsea and Mou Utd also west ham, Leicester and spurs.

Next season should be exciting, better than this crap season.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:03 pm

Brandon wrote:This is why I can't be arsed anymore. Next season—along with an extension for Wenger—will only further solidify the absolute joke of a club Arsenal has become.

City - Guardiola
Liverpool - Klopp
Chelsea - Conte
United - Mourinho?

Even:
Tottenham - Pochettino
Leicester - Ranieri
Southampton - Koeman
West Ham - Bilic (jury is still out)

Have better managers than Arsenal.

Another summer of petty spending, and we could very well find ourselves out of the top 4 be season's end. City has Guardiola, Klopp is going to improve Liverpool massively this summer, Conte will rebuild Chelsea into a force, and Mourinho gets results (barring this abysmal season).

If Wenger is given a new contract, Arsenal will fall out of their beloved top four by conclusion of the 2017-18 season. It would make me giddier than a fat kid in a candy store if I woke up to the news that Wenger was sacked and we've agreed a deal to bring Simeone in, but we all know that's not happening with Kroenke and the Board.

Not a Wenger fan by any means but none of these managers have done anything to deserve to be called better then Wenger.

Guardiola - You might have a case here but he's only performed with 2 squads that are beyond world class, and he hasn't done anything in the CL with the 2nd one (Bayern). We will see what he does with City in the PL and then we can talk about him being better, imo.
Klopp - Again i'm not saying Wenger is better in any case but lets see what he does at Liverpool. I am a huge fan of Klopp but he's still somewhat unproven and i'd say its too early to call him better then Wenger, we will see if Dortmund was a one time thing or if he's going to have longterm success
Conte - Done nothing to be considered better then Wenger overall
Mourinho - Ok. Miles ahead of Wenger if i have to be honest.
Pochettino - See Klopp.
Ranieri - Whats happening at Leicester is beyond crazy but its still one season and he's been a manager as long as Wenger and he hasn't done anything of note except losing to Faroe Islands so i wouldn't call him better by any means.
Koeman - Another good manager but not better then Wenger.
Bilic - No. Unproven, hasn't done anything of note except signing a top player in Payet thats been carrying WH this season and they've been shit without him.

I'm still Wenger Out but i can't say he is anything but a top manager. My problem is not with his expertise but with the lack of ambition he is showing.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:25 pm

isaisdso wrote:Juventus had Bonnucİ, Barzagli, Chiellini and Marchisio before Conte. So the team already had solid core.

He is tactically poor and showed it several times in CL, he cant adapt either. Chelsea would go nowhere with him, which i'd love to see.

and where finishing 7th in the league!

lets see how he does in the Euros at least. I think Chelsea are f***ked regardless because the club has no direction, its just all about winning.

I was speaking to a chelsea fan and he himself almost has no idea what a philosophy of playing s, he was just all about winning. Hes is convinced Chlesea will come back next season and its just one bad year.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Domestic Football