Manchester City

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Manchester City thread

Postby VCC » Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 am

Trina wrote:^^ They will go through a lot of managers then.

that's why our target is 4th very clever man AW lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Tue May 14, 2013 10:20 am

LOL @ the sacking.

The manager won you the first League title in ages, the FA Cup, and under him--City have been growing. Yes, this season has been a disaster for City, but the least he deserved was one more season. It's not like City are going to be world beaters all of sudden when they weren't even a top-4 side until recently.

I don't think Pellegrini is a better manager than Mancini. Mancini didn't have good man management skills, but Pellegrini spent 200 million on Kaka, Ronaldo, and the likes and still couldn't win La Liga or the CL. Good luck, City.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Herrpoja » Tue May 14, 2013 11:16 am

pellegrini was not that bad, just that barca were still going strong , they lost the league narrowly only losing one game if i remember if they hadent lost that game when zlatan came of the bench and scored they would have been tied or one point above barca that year
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Apollo » Tue May 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Angelito wrote:LOL @ the sacking.

The manager won you the first League title in ages, the FA Cup, and under him--City have been growing. Yes, this season has been a disaster for City, but the least he deserved was one more season. It's not like City are going to be world beaters all of sudden when they weren't even a top-4 side until recently.

I don't think Pellegrini is a better manager than Mancini. Mancini didn't have good man management skills, but Pellegrini spent 200 million on Kaka, Ronaldo, and the likes and still couldn't win La Liga or the CL. Good luck, City.

City havent been growing because of Mancini's unbelievable managerial skills city have been growing because of the dramatic increase in investment.

Pellegrini achieved the highest point total in Madrdid history in the league
Pellegrini was only in charge for a single season
He was forced to sell his desired players (Robben,Sneijder,Hunterlaar,Van Nisterooy) and had no control on who was bought in

"I didn't have a voice or a vote at Madrid. They sign the best players, but not the best players needed in a certain position. It’s no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don’t have a pianist. Real Madrid have the best guitarists, but if I ask them to play the piano they won’t be able to do it so well. ''

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Angelito wrote:LOL @ the sacking.

If he comes and gets us 96 points like he did at Real Madrid and that's not the title then so be it.

Targets aren't league positions as such, it's actually points which we have been quite open about.

People also forget, he was 4th longest serving manager in the league. Others sack managers more than us.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 14, 2013 1:42 pm

If I'm honest, I'm not really bothered who gets the job. It's great to even be linked with such names.

Manchester thanks you, Sheikh Mansour. :hail:

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Tue May 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Jay22 wrote:I really don't think Pellegrini will do better than Mancini. He might do better in Europe, but I don't see Citeh's league position changing with the current crop of players and Pellegrini as their manager.

He will. A half decent manager will be able to comfortably getting out of the champions league stages with city's squad, no matter how hard the group is. :)
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue May 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Pellegrini is less of a risk than what Moyes is to United.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Trina » Tue May 14, 2013 2:40 pm

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Zenith » Tue May 14, 2013 2:57 pm

:lol:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Heard that United fans got arrested yesterday for singing at an empty shop again and burning things.

Is it just me who thinks it pointless to sing at an empty shop? then stand in the doorway of said shop burning other teams scarves. Suppose it makes the MIB think they're tough (Yes, they actually call their hooligan firm The Men in Black these days).

This is from 2 years ago, I'll post last nights as well when it comes up. I really don't get what they're trying to achieve.:lol:

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Tue May 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Sims wrote:Pellegrini is less of a risk than what Moyes is to United.

over the long term...I don't think so

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Some picture of singing at an empty shop and United fans getting arrested. :lol:

http://www.demotix.com/news/2051175/man ... ia-2051043
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ClockEnd Mark » Tue May 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Heard that United fans got arrested yesterday for singing at an empty shop again and burning things.

Is it just me who thinks it pointless to sing at an empty shop? then stand in the doorway of said shop burning other teams scarves. Suppose it makes the MIB think they're tough (Yes, they actually call their hooligan firm The Men in Black these days).

This is from 2 years ago, I'll post last nights as well when it comes up. I really don't get what they're trying to achieve.:lol:

It shows that SOME yanited fans actually come from manchester :dontknow:
ClockEnd Mark
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed May 15, 2013 10:52 am

Pellegrini has signed a 2 year contract say Malaga. 2 years is interesting. I wasn't sure about him cause I want someone long term and at his age, he never will be. I think our club could be in a good position by then off the field in the long term plan. Our owners said it will take 10 years and I think we're already ahead.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football