Manchester City

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Manchester City thread

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Did I mention our owners have stopped the rot of new managers all the time like we used to have?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ArsenalN5 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Premier League title, FA Cup and a community shield to his name, £28m payoff (so says the wonderful world of social networks) and probably a job waiting for him somewhere (Monaco maybe?).... Let's just hope he remembers to punch Nasri on the way out.
ArsenalN5
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gzagee » Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 pm

In the official statement the club said he was basically sacked because he didn't win the league and failed in its holistic approach to all football aspects (whatever the feck that means).

Good luck Txiki, Pellegrini and Citeh playing taki tiki next season... You best hope the now outmoded Barca way will will youse the title or it's off with his head, lol.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 13, 2013 10:11 pm

gzagee wrote:In the official statement the club said he was basically sacked because he didn't win the league and failed in its holistic approach to all football aspects (whatever the feck that means).

Good luck Txiki, Pellegrini and Citeh playing taki tiki next season... You best hope the now outmoded Barca way will will youse the title or it's off with his head, lol.

They wanted him give youth players a chance as it's a big part of the owners long plan.

I think it would of been worse for us next season if United and Chelsea wasn't getting new managers next season as well. 3 new managers to get used to new squads.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ArsenalN5 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 pm

G.Neville ‏@GNev2 2m

'Failing to achieve the clubs stated targets' I bet the incoming manager is thinking ' probably should rent rather than buy'

:lol: Same could be said for Chavs.
ArsenalN5
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby pawiel » Mon May 13, 2013 10:31 pm

if pellegrini rumours are true i can see him sign isco :crybaby: .
pawiel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 13, 2013 10:34 pm

pawiel wrote:if pellegrini rumours are true i can see him sign isco :crybaby: .

He's a City fan anyway so always a good chance we will. :D
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Mancini is a better manager than Pellegrini, I am stunned by this move if this is really the way things are going to end up.

Since 1985 he has never gone more than 2-3 years without winning something as a player or manager and has had spells of massive success as both. Born winner.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Mon May 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
gzagee wrote:In the official statement the club said he was basically sacked because he didn't win the league and failed in its holistic approach to all football aspects (whatever the feck that means).

They wanted him give youth players a chance as it's a big part of the owners long plan.

I think it would of been worse for us next season if United and Chelsea wasn't getting new managers next season as well. 3 new managers to get used to new squads.

You know your club better than I do but, in three years how was he s'posed to bring through youth whilst putting together a championship winning team? The only promising youngster I've heard of is Giudetti, there may be more, I don't know? Do you think Boyata is good enough to displace Mastasic?
I hear the club's hierarchy decided to bring in Sinclair and Rodwell, they weren't Mancini buys. Are they good enough to come into the side?
From what I can tell you've probably lost the title due to scoring summats like 30 goals less than last year (you've only conceded two more this term). Will Giudetti have made the difference? Mansour/Txiki seem to have decided against replacing Balotelli. So was Giudetti or another young striker in your ranks good enough to cover that departure?

As we have seen with Chelsea demanding a manager win the title and blood the youth is nigh on impossible to do in 5 years much less three.
The Arsenals, ManU's and Everton's of this league have done it by standing by their managers and allowing the holistic approach to develop over time. It's the only way the youth can flourish. To my simple mind.. :dontknow:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 13, 2013 11:05 pm

gzagee wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

You know your club better than I do but, in three years how was he s'posed to bring through youth whilst putting together a championship winning team? The only promising youngster I've heard of is Giudetti, there may be more, I don't know? Do you think Boyata is good enough to displace Mastasic?
I hear the club's hierarchy decided to bring in Sinclair and Rodwell, they weren't Mancini buys. Are they good enough to come into the side?
From what I can tell you've probably lost the title due to scoring summats like 30 goals less than last year (you've only conceded two more this term). Will Giudetti have made the difference? Mansour/Txiki seem to have decided against replacing Balotelli. So was Giudetti or another young striker in your ranks good enough to cover that departure?

As we have seen with Chelsea demanding a manager win the title and blood the youth is nigh on impossible to do in 5 years much less three.
The Arsenals, ManU's and Everton's of this league have done it by standing by their managers and allowing the holistic approach to develop over time. It's the only way the youth can flourish. To my simple mind.. :dontknow:

I have the highest hopes for Suarez and with some of the performances Nasri put in, he could've made it. We're not even talking about playing them week in week out. Just giving them more game time.

A big problem of Mancini's was that he publicly slagged his players and staff off at press conferences, that was never a good move.

I blame a lot of the summers signings on Marwood. Mancini said what type of players he wanted and he didn't exactly get what he wanted. The performances were still nowhere near what we were capable of though with the players he had.

It's interesting that Kidd is in charge for the last 2 games and then the pre season tour of the USA. That makes me think there is a strong chance there is nobody in line for the job right now. Whoever it is, I hope they have thought long and hard about it.

As I said, I didn't want him sacked but I can fully understand why people would think otherwise.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Kyle? » Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 pm

If Pellegrini is taking over, i can City trying to sign Santi from us. Pellegrini normally takes him wherever he goes.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Gunner Down Under » Tue May 14, 2013 6:32 am

gzagee wrote:I personally think it's hilarious and outrageous he's been sacked. Do the owners think Pellegrini will give them a better chance of regaining the title next season?
This excuse that he's lost the dressing room: wasn't the same players who lauded him exactly a year ago today?
You can't tell me he's as poor a manager as Sparky Hughes. He won the club 3 trophies in three years. Citeh haven't tasted success like that for ions.

I hope and pray we don't ever encounter owners of the likes of Mansour or Abramovich. I can see Usmanov coming in and giving it the knee-jerk treatment one manager after the next.

Unfortunately that's the way it is in football these days... a few mediocre results and you're out. Particularly at the bigger clubs (Chelsea? I still think Di Matteo was unfairly sacked)
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 14, 2013 7:27 am

How do Sky get away with constantly saying that Mancini was in the stands when Hughes got sacked? It's been false since the first day they said it and they still manage to get away with saying it.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Tue May 14, 2013 8:45 am

as was said he didn't achieve any of the targets for this season he deserves to be sacked
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trina » Tue May 14, 2013 9:07 am

^^ They will go through a lot of managers then.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football