Manchester City

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Pep Guardiola

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Buying Pep reeks of the insecurity and jealousy of the noisy neigbours of United tbh. They bought Pep because they know they're a small club and want to act like a huge club and hope Pep will deliver that. Sad really
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
weaponx57 wrote:This is what happens when arabs throw their unlimited albeit mostly royal/sovereign money into football.....they destroy the fact that its a sport and now its a business....its a travesty and an absolute shame when this happens to football.

Well Man City fans are the most plastic fans in the world I mean lets face it.....people only bought season tickets after all the money came in...and seeing rod stewart cry when they won the league was pathetic.

Basically Manchester City fans are beholden and worship money not football....oh how all the ethics and morality have gone out of the sport.

If Guardiola wanted to join a real English club he would have not joined city but one of the other top clubs....those that have won titles without the influx of hundreds of millions of pounds.

Who was buying the season tickets when we nearly got relegated in 2003/04 and averaged 46,834?

Who was buying them when we averaged just under 29k in what is now League 1? The same season the biggest 'where were you when you were shit' chanters (Stoke and Wigan) were averaging under 13k and around 4k.

By the way, City won title without the influx of hundreds of millions of pounds, but don't like facts get in the way of how bitter you are. :D

LOL! City finished 10th in 2008 when the Abu Dhabi Group took over, just 4 years and nearly £500 million later they won the league, you are right though it definitely wasn't down to the money :rolleyes:
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Pudpop wrote:Looooool Yorky's had a shocker.

I guess City got their players for free. Pretty damning for Wenger tbh

What?

Football didn't start when Arsenal pushed for a money league....
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:29 pm

billie86 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
weaponx57 wrote:This is what happens when arabs throw their unlimited albeit mostly royal/sovereign money into football.....they destroy the fact that its a sport and now its a business....its a travesty and an absolute shame when this happens to football.

Well Man City fans are the most plastic fans in the world I mean lets face it.....people only bought season tickets after all the money came in...and seeing rod stewart cry when they won the league was pathetic.

Basically Manchester City fans are beholden and worship money not football....oh how all the ethics and morality have gone out of the sport.

If Guardiola wanted to join a real English club he would have not joined city but one of the other top clubs....those that have won titles without the influx of hundreds of millions of pounds.

Who was buying the season tickets when we nearly got relegated in 2003/04 and averaged 46,834?

Who was buying them when we averaged just under 29k in what is now League 1? The same season the biggest 'where were you when you were shit' chanters (Stoke and Wigan) were averaging under 13k and around 4k.

By the way, City won title without the influx of hundreds of millions of pounds, but don't like facts get in the way of how bitter you are. :D

LOL! City finished 10th in 2008 when the Abu Dhabi Group took over, just 4 years and nearly £500 million later they won the league, you are right though it definitely wasn't down to the money :rolleyes:

LOL! Learn about football not being a new game! :rolleyes:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cripps » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:31 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Dai_Dillinger wrote:City are gonna make a marquee signing now. Someone massive, but who?

Some fans maybe seeing as they never sell out

Shh,,,, Yorky will tell you about how they have 29k fans in their huge ground!

Just read that. Did he really say city won the title without the money?

I like Yorky but really?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Pretty sure football started in 1996.

Didn't Wenger parachute down into the empty space where Highbury would be built and show his amazing discovery of the sport to the world? I wasn't alive back then but that's how they taught it to us in school
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola as next manager

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:50 pm

Yorky if you truly believe money had nothing to do with City winning the league you need to commit yourself asap
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:08 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:Yorky if you truly believe money had nothing to do with City winning the league you need to commit yourself asap

We didn't even come in to money until 2008! :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:01 pm

The money argument at this point is overstated imo. Why did it take Chelsea 5 years to win the title between 2010-2015? They weren't even Top 4 at the end of 2011/12. Chelsea have always had a strong squad and spent plenty, but the quality of the overall organization behind the team is a big factor in making sure players and managers don't get demoralized or complacent. That hasn't happened with Abramovich's itchy trigger finger.

City have avoided the managerial musical chairs that Chelsea have experienced post-Mourinho and managed to not drop lower than #2 in the table last 4 seasons, despite having a lot of churn in key players (Balotelli, Tevez, Negredo, Jovetic, Milner, others I can't remember).

How many big money City signings have actually paid off? Aguero, Silva and Yaya, that's it.

All of whom were purchased half a decade ago at what would seem like bargain prices now. And somehow, even with a pubber midfield of Delph, Fernando and Fernandinho and a back four that includes Squillaci-level crap like Mangala and Dimichelis they are managing to end up #1 and #2.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby 22-0 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:06 pm

we just refuse to adept to the game.. we have everything to win the league we're just not using it.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby sonerb81 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:41 pm

22-0 wrote:we just refuse to adept to the game.. we have everything to win the league we're just not using it.

Except for a high quality CB, DMC and a ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sonerb81
Liam Brady

Postby 22-0 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:43 pm

sonerb81 wrote:
22-0 wrote:we just refuse to adept to the game.. we have everything to win the league we're just not using it.

we have the money to buy those. we're just not doing it.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yosifun » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:33 pm

So who's free now that Pep signed for City and Klopp is at Liverpool?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby sonerb81 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:48 pm

22-0 wrote:
sonerb81 wrote:

we have the money to buy those. we're just not doing it.

I see. I agree with you. These past two to three years were a great opportunity for Arsenal to win the league. Unfortunately, Wenger consistently refused to buy the right players needed to seriously compete for the title.

After Pep joins City, it will be A LOT harder to win the league. Missed opportunities...

sonerb81
Liam Brady

Postby Alexis » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:54 pm

yosifun wrote:So who's free now that Pep signed for City and Klopp is at Liverpool?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

harry redknapp is available no?
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football