Manchester City

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Pep Guardiola

Postby Losmeister » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:29 am

i for one am fascinated what he does as far as personnel moves... and what the results will look like...

am not a fan nor a detractor. i've always wondered whether he had any coachig acumen or his teams were just totally stacked for him...

i tend toward the latter... interesting!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:01 am

Losmeister wrote:i for one am fascinated what he does as far as personnel moves... and what the results will look like...

am not a fan nor a detractor. i've always wondered whether he had any coachig acumen or his teams were just totally stacked for him...

i tend toward the latter... interesting!

He's a very good coach. Pretty much no doubt about that. He'll likely do very well in the PL. at the moment, there aren't any established managers in the league apart from Wenger, so everyone is starting afresh.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby weaponx57 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:34 am

This is what happens when arabs throw their unlimited albeit mostly royal/sovereign money into football.....they destroy the fact that its a sport and now its a business....its a travesty and an absolute shame when this happens to football.

Well Man City fans are the most plastic fans in the world I mean lets face it.....people only bought season tickets after all the money came in...and seeing rod stewart cry when they won the league was pathetic.

Basically Manchester City fans are beholden and worship money not football....oh how all the ethics and morality have gone out of the sport.

If Guardiola wanted to join a real English club he would have not joined city but one of the other top clubs....those that have won titles without the influx of hundreds of millions of pounds.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Pudpop » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:04 am

Once he joins City and brings his usual PEDs he'll get caught and banned for life. Not too fussed about him tbh
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby realtalk » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:33 pm

laporte & koke to be his first targets. Yaya to psg and mangala,demicheles sold no doubt. Possibly fernando.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DJ X-Ray » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:26 pm

Not fussed tbh.

No dead cert Pep will crush all before him.

This is English football, not BL and LL where the usual suspects rule and the rest are just cannon fodder.

Different style and pace over here.
Warning: Heavy sarcasm may be present
DJ X-Ray
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby weaponx57 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Pep is very adaptable to a new league and I wouldn't be surprised if he figures out how to beat each team very easily. When it comes to football tactics and its evolution...Pep is always is front.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Putting down a fiver that Wenger outlasts him. Who's in?
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DJ X-Ray » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:51 pm

As will other managers adapt.

They're not silly, every man and his dog knows what Pep is going to do with his teams.

I'm not knocking him btw I like the guy, I just don't think every manager in the PL is going to be sitting there quaking in there boots.
Warning: Heavy sarcasm may be present
DJ X-Ray
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:59 pm

Cant wait to see what big Sam has planned for Pep.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:06 pm

weaponx57 wrote:This is what happens when arabs throw their unlimited albeit mostly royal/sovereign money into football.....they destroy the fact that its a sport and now its a business....its a travesty and an absolute shame when this happens to football.

Well Man City fans are the most plastic fans in the world I mean lets face it.....people only bought season tickets after all the money came in...and seeing rod stewart cry when they won the league was pathetic.

Basically Manchester City fans are beholden and worship money not football....oh how all the ethics and morality have gone out of the sport.

If Guardiola wanted to join a real English club he would have not joined city but one of the other top clubs....those that have won titles without the influx of hundreds of millions of pounds.

Who was buying the season tickets when we nearly got relegated in 2003/04 and averaged 46,834?

Who was buying them when we averaged just under 29k in what is now League 1? The same season the biggest 'where were you when you were shit' chanters (Stoke and Wigan) were averaging under 13k and around 4k.

By the way, City won title without the influx of hundreds of millions of pounds, but don't like facts get in the way of how bitter you are. :D
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Looooool Yorky's had a shocker.

I guess City got their players for free. Pretty damning for Wenger tbh
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dai_Dillinger » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:06 pm

City are gonna make a marquee signing now. Someone massive, but who?
"I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise" - King Thierry
Dai_Dillinger
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Dai_Dillinger wrote:City are gonna make a marquee signing now. Someone massive, but who?

Some fans maybe seeing as they never sell out
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Cripps wrote:
Dai_Dillinger wrote:City are gonna make a marquee signing now. Someone massive, but who?

Some fans maybe seeing as they never sell out

Shh,,,, Yorky will tell you about how they have 29k fans in their huge ground!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football