Manchester City

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Manchester City thread

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Or we saved ourself 18million I think it is from him being sat in the reserves.

No offence Inch but this thread isn't working. City related things like this is already being spoke about in other threads.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:38 pm

What was it supposed to even do? Why not give every team a thread then?
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 pm

I think he did it as there is usually a lot of City chat these days with how we are at the minute. Most people didn't see/forgot about this thread though so just posted in the others it seems.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:12 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:What was it supposed to even do? Why not give every team a thread then?

It was meant to be a yin to the yang.

Yorky is a City fan posting regularly on an Arsenal forum. This means that he's in a great position if he wants to wind us up. He's on our turf.
If he has his own City 'forum' we can all come in here and give him stick about City and he's the only one in this whole place who will have to defend them.
He's outnumbered basically.

:sneaky:

But f**k it if nobody comes in here then it'll soon disappear.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Ok here's a question

According to Yorky City are committed to complying with FFP long term, which if true is good. So how's that going to happen after their current batch of players start to drop off, leave, retire, get kicked out and whatever? Chelsea are the precedent here and it is very clear that they cannot survive as a top club without Abramovic regularly injecting millions of capital into the club.

Don't say commercials and stuff because although that will help, it wouldn't get City anywhere near the point of sustaining their current expenditure long term (going on a big splurge every 2-3 seasons)
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 am

CynicalGooner wrote:Ok here's a question

According to Yorky City are committed to complying with FFP long term, which if true is good. So how's that going to happen after their current batch of players start to drop off, leave, retire, get kicked out and whatever? Chelsea are the precedent here and it is very clear that they cannot survive as a top club without Abramovic regularly injecting millions of capital into the club.

Don't say commercials and stuff because although that will help, it wouldn't get City anywhere near the point of sustaining their current expenditure long term (going on a big splurge every 2-3 seasons)

If ffp works properly it will lead to a new enthusis being put on accademies and scouting of very young players. The richest clubs will be able to afford more and better coaches, more and better scouts, better facilities for their youngsters and maybe a branch of their accademy in every major footballing country. Like club embassies.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:36 am

UFGN wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Ok here's a question

If ffp works properly it will lead to a new enthusis being put on accademies and scouting of very young players. The richest clubs will be able to afford more and better coaches, more and better scouts, better facilities for their youngsters and maybe a branch of their accademy in every major footballing country. Like club embassies.

Yeah I'm sure that will happen and it will screw the smaller clubs even more. However clubs will still have to wait for that vast talent pool to produce players and it would not bring the instant gratification of spunking huge sums on world class players. Even Barca who have that kind of youth set up already, feeding in from all over Spain and south america, still spend heavily.

If City want to completely comply with FFP, they surely can't compete medium-long term with the biggest clubs in the world. Best case scenario they end up in a position we are currently in, but even we have much more earning power than they do. Real Madrid and Barcelona can match City's spending right now and they already comply, Man U would be able to as well if not for the comical debt situation.

It took these clubs decades of winning and aggressive marketing to become financial giants, City can't get there in just a few years and I doubt they ever could. Their turnover is currently about a quarter that of Madrid's
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:52 am

I think the best thing Arsenal could do right now is to invest as much as the club can afford in opening accademies in brazil, argentina, north africa, spain etc etc and beat all the others to it. Build a reputation now before other clubs get in on the act. I know this already happens to an extent but i really feel its going to be a huge part of football 15 years from now.

City are in the position to blow tens of millions on opening up a huge worldwide network. Lets hope they dont!

I think transfer fees will still happen but that,the number of genuinely club-developped players in the starting XI of major clubs will at least double.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Leody » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:46 am

It's not going to hurt the small clubs, because the sanctions only apply to Europe. Do they not?

So clubs like QPR, Sunderland, and so on can still do whatever they want since they don't play in Europe.

Not that it matters anyhow, because ffp will never be enforced.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:58 am

City are already doing what you are suggesting, starting with the Etihad Campus. They got round to starting the ground works a couple of months ago.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... ial-Photos

Photos there of the ground works but these next images are what it will look like..

It's probably going to put Barca and Ajax's academies to shame. New 7000 stadium for the Elite Development Squad (EDS). 16 football pitches. There will be a school and accommodation to house and educate lads who are not local. New gym for the academy, rehab centre etc.

When this thing gets finished, it will probably put City on the map for a very long time and make people take real notice of which way the club is going. I always told people that we're not going to get used as a toy and more that we are getting a future built.

I hope people will give our owners a bit more respect when this all comes off.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gunner_Paul » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 am

This is why Chelsea are already behind City in terms of development even with a what, near 10 year head start?

If Roman is serious about Chelsea he should have looked at getting a bigger stadium years ago and building academies like that.
Oh to oh to oh to oh to be a gunner.....
Gunner_Paul
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:27 am

Ah well, bollocks. Too late!

Im surprised i correctly predicted something football related though. My fantasy football teams are usually crap!

UFGN

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:12 am

Your points are still right though UFGN.

In England, when the 'top 4' came around, was like a locked door (although did still open). All this is doing is keep that door locked even more with the top teams earning more and spending more.

Not that a club should spend money they don't have but sometimes you have to take a gamble and spend a bit more. Not like Leeds as they put their future on the line with that gamble (which still nearly came off for them though). Spurs probably run at a manageable loss though and are always hanging around these days. I don't see a problem with that.

How are teams like Norwich ever going to get back into he top 2? I just really don't see how it will ever be possible with this in place.

For me, the only teams there will be for the forseen future are;

City
United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool (only due to how big they still are)
Spurs (If they can keep up in the next 2-3 years)
Newcastle (As above. There continues crowds are what will help also)

Football will get better in some ways but not in the way I, and most others want it. I want an unpredictable league where someone random can have a good couple of seasons. Those days were stopped when Leeds last won the title. There hasn't been a proper shock since.

Give it 10 years of this, while other teams can't cope with FFP and it will start to die. Something needs doing but not FFP.

European Super League will already of come in by then though. Will Arsenal join that? With how you run now I'd say you will start well and quickly struggle to keep up with the demands of other clubs.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:56 am

What is the deal with Tevez Yorky, I am baffled by it all.

Is he back for good? Can you trust he is back for good?

What on earth happened last year, did he really refuse to play? if so I am stunned they have so readily let him back in.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:00 pm

It never openly came out what actually happened with him in the end.

He seems to be back for good. He said he's happy which he hasn't done before. I hated him for what he supposedly did but time is a great healer and while he is banging the goals in, it's hard to not want him here.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football