Manchester City

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola as next manager

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Congrats for doing no better than Mancini or Pellegrini

Despite spending more
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:07 pm

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Beautiful.

Fraud they said. Lol

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Sensational.

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Remarkable attitude from Pep and Kompany.

Having a few tonight but they are already thinking about their defence and winning the CL next season.

Can't see anyone stopping them unless we bring Allegri in
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Remarkable attitude from Pep and Kompany.

Having a few tonight but they are already thinking about their defence and winning the CL next season.

Lol

No manager can overturn a 30+ points difference in a single season.

Our squad is no where near City's.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby CitizenKDB » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:11 pm

It's not just the squad, it's the manager. Pep has played such a glorious brand of football never before seen in England. No shame for little Arsenal to lose for now.
CitizenKDB
Liam Brady

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Yep his philosophy has changed the way football is being played now.

He's unique and has a style that compares to nobody. He's revolutionised the premier league forever.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:22 am

9 more points out of 15 to break the most amount of points in a season. 5 games remaining.

Record for most goals in a season is 103. City are currently on 93. Need 11 in 5 to break it.

Record for the most away wins in a season is 14. City are on 14. Need to win both of their two remaining away games to beat the record.

Record for the highest goal difference in a season is +71. City are currently on +68.

Record for the most wins in a season is 30. City need 3 wins from 5 to break that record.

City will probably break all of those records with ease with their raining fixtures.

Man City v Swansea.

West Ham v Man City.

Man City v Huddersfield.

Man City v Brighton.

Southampton v Man City.

Frightening stuff what Pep is about to achieve.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:17 am

City have easily been the leagues best team this season and played some wonderful football however nobody has challenged them at all.

Liverpool have got their number with their pressure game which City couldn't handle but the rest have been pisspiss poor this season. Been easily even worse quality wise than the last two dogshit seasons from everyone.

The best teams are always judged by their competitive rivals and while City will be one of the great EPL teams, for it to be truly special they will need to at least get to a champions league final or win it since there really is not challenge to them bar if Liverpool can genuinely improve their defence and buy a few players next season.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:02 am

It's really surprised me to see City canter to the league finish. They play very much like we did 6-7 seasons ago albeit with better players and more discipline. I think what's changed is teams like Stoke and Birmingham which used to be our banana peal because of their shithousery tactics don't exist any more. It's meant that Pep can stick to his technical game. There is no physical side in the league to rattle them and put doubt in the manager and players heads.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:25 am

Arsene Nose wrote:It's really surprised me to see City canter to the league finish. They play very much like we did 6-7 seasons ago albeit with better players and more discipline. I think what's changed is teams like Stoke and Birmingham which used to be our banana peal because of their shithousery tactics don't exist any more. It's meant that Pep can stick to his technical game. There is no physical side in the league to rattle them and put doubt in the manager and players heads.

City have played some unbelievable football this season.

The difference between our side from 07-09, more specifically 07/08, is the lack of mental strength and grit. City also have a better defense, a quality Wenger chose to disregard in favor of attack. Pep is intent on winning the League. At the time, Wenger only cared about top-4 finishes.

I disagree about the physical notion too. City can amp it up physically. The side of 07/08 was filled with wussy players - led by Cesc himself. There's a reason no team has ever built a side around him after we did because Cesc isn't someone of that nature as brilliant as he was technically. Meanwhile, City's side is built around Silva and KdB - with Aguero providing the finishing touch.

We should have won the League title in 07/08. No two ways. We didn't because our players bottled it and as it would be revealed years later, Wenger had started to lose his Midas touch.

07/08, League Cup Final against Birmingham, and 10/11 were all there for the taking. We just Arsenal'ed it up.

The League is less competitive today, in some ways, yes. Since 14/15, it's been one team that has run away with the League. Even f'kin Leicester managed to do that. But then again, why did we finish 10 points behind Leicester in 15/16? It was common ground, wasn't it?

I trust Wenger's ability to finish 5th with this City side. I also think we would have either finished 2nd or won the League with Pep.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Remarkable attitude from Pep and Kompany.

Lol

No manager can overturn a 30+ points difference in a single season.

Our squad is no where near City's.

Chelsea finished with 50 points in 15/16, yet ended up with 93 points in 16/17.

A swing of 43 points, can you imagine?

The only reason why Conte isn't hailed as a messiah is because he's not a superstar manager like Pep, nor does he manage Liverpool. It was an incredible feat. If Conte had spent as much as Pep did last summer, I'm pretty sure they'd be right up there with City. But Chelsea's internal policy makes it difficult for any manager to excel these days.

He's welcome at Arsenal. As are Allegri and Simeone.

Knowing our board tho...

Btw, our squad isn't as strong but I don't think it's as bad as 6th (or 7th). It's Wenger and the soccer guy.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:33 am

@Angelito
I'm not sure I agree with you regarding the quality of this City side. They have some geniuses like KdB and Silva but the rest don't seem special to me. Their defense is mediocre in my opinion and their style of play would get shredded in Europe. Ironically by an English team. Even their mental strength doesn't seem all that great. Remember in seasons of yore we were regularly getting players with leg breaks - diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey. City have gone unscathed through the season. There are no big players or personalities on the other end challenging them. You even look at the big teams today. United went from having players like Scholes, Ferdinand and Vidic to Blind and Smalling. Chelsea went from Terry, Lampard, Cole and Drogba to Luis, Cesc and Morata. City have had it easy relative to league winners of earlier seasons.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:15 am

Manchester City could be set for a spending spree of up to £600 million this summer.

Source:The Telegraph
13/04/2018 13:00

Damn Jose and his spending
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Pep can spend whatever and no one will mention it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football