Manchester City

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Manchester City thread

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:27 pm

So it remains a mystery. The whole thing is very strange. City have no reason to pander to Tevez regardless of how good he is, especially as enough fans/figures question the integrity of your club so they wouldn't want to lose any by bowing down to Tevez so that suggests that the truth demands sympathy for Tevez and that maybe it wasn't all petulance and selfishness like the press were making out. If it was petulance then I am at a loss.

It is great for the prem that he is back though, to lose Drogba and Tevez in one year would have been a shame.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:29 pm

I'd say over 95% of fans feel the same as me about it. It's only a few who still want him nowhere near the club. It would probably do more harm in our team performances to lose him and to me it's more about the team.

He's come back looking like he's lost 2 stone as well. It's a very strange turn around. I wonder if he's spoke to Aguerooooooooooooooooooo a lot and he's talked some sense into him.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Leody wrote:It's not going to hurt the small clubs, because the sanctions only apply to Europe. Do they not?

So clubs like QPR, Sunderland, and so on can still do whatever they want since they don't play in Europe.

Not that it matters anyhow, because ffp will never be enforced.

It'll hurt the small clubs because if/when the big clubs all have massive, sprawling, globe encompassing youth networks and academies in many countries it will significantly decrease the likelihood of them finding and developing a gem themselves and selling for big money. This applies more to clubs in other European nations more than England though, especially smaller Italian clubs. A lot of clubs can only survive by doing this

Yorkyblue wrote:City are already doing what you are suggesting, starting with the Etihad Campus. They got round to starting the ground works a couple of months ago.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... ial-Photos

It's probably going to put Barca and Ajax's academies to shame. New 7000 stadium for the Elite Development Squad (EDS). 16 football pitches. There will be a school and accommodation to house and educate lads who are not local. New gym for the academy, rehab centre etc.

When this thing gets finished, it will probably put City on the map for a very long time and make people take real notice of which way the club is going. I always told people that we're not going to get used as a toy and more that we are getting a future built.

I hope people will give our owners a bit more respect when this all comes off.

That's all great Yorky but it doesn't answer how you will keep up with the big boys. Tell me, in 5 years when your side has inevitably lost its shine and more investment is needed, big investment, how's that gonna happen?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:26 pm

The same as other top clubs mate. It's all about making money from doing well in competitions. Arsenal still make excellent money while fans think you're underachieving.

I can't prove anything, as you can't yourself. I just believe that we are going the right way and will be fine competing. I respect your opinion if you don't think we will.

At the same time, it might not matter as I'm not convince FFP will work/happen and if it does, the European Super League will come in to place.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:29 pm

I am sure you will be fine as a club, like I said I can see you getting to the point where you make as much money as Arsenal. But you spend on par with Madrid, which means you would have to earn on par with them too. That just isn't going to happen. Not in 5 years, not in 20 years
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:37 pm

I see your point. The only way for that is to pick up millions of fans.

It's started, which I didn't like to be honest but if we want to be successful 'glory supporters' so to speak will help fund the club with merchandise.

The only way to catch them is to be successful. The only way we will do it quick is if somehow we won the Champs League 10 years on the bounce. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:42 pm

Just watched SSN and I read at the bottom, Man City are in for Jovetic. :dizzy:
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Noooooo kid, you picked the wrong role model!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:40 pm

My daughter was 2 last week. She always shouts Balotelli! :D
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Well she was always going to be corrupt with you as the father, at least these other kids still have a chance. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:46 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Well she was always going to be corrupt with you as the father, at least these other kids still have a chance. ;)

The Balotelli chant was played to her from a very young age and it stopped her crying. I've not really mentioned him to her for about 8 months but the last 2 days shes just started shouting Balotelli and jumping up and down laughing! :D

It was my ring tone on my phone for a while.

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 am

I'm going to miss Umbro next season. Especially after this seasons shirts. :(

I had the home shirt on yesterday when I went foir a pint with a Man United season ticket holder. He said to me, despite it being City, it's the best football shirt he's ever seen. The picture doesn't do it justice really.

And released today, the European away shirt

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dubgooner » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 am

[

The Balotelli chant was played to her from a very young age and it stopped her crying. I've not really mentioned him to her for about 8 months but the last 2 days shes just started shouting Balotelli and jumping up and down laughing! :D

Are you sure she wasn't watching a City game on TV, and said BADTELLY!
:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Without that little voice in your head, you wouldn't be able to read this!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ivan itchybum » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:11 am

Why is that tit Gallagher always on TV and shit talking about City...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football