Black Managers

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Black Managers

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:42 pm

So it's all up again and Huddersfield Town and QPR seem to be getting shit for it. Totally uncalled for.

While there seems to be a lack of black coaches/players they are going the BME are going the wrong way about it. With how they are acting, I wouldn't hire a black manager if I were a chairman for risk of being called racist if the time arises for him to be sacked. They need to get their principles in order and work at it rather than just call everyone racist. They throw around stats like "25% of players are black or asian yet only 4% of them are managers/coaches, the numbers don't add up". No shit, cause they are PLAYERS. Yes, the number is low still but they really need to sort themselves out or they will just make things worse.

Well done Frank Sinclair on his comments.

"They [Powell and Ramsey] are both terrific lads who have given me advice in the past, and you're disappointed that they lost their jobs, but you've got to be realistic," he told BBC Radio Northampton.
"To make a statement that more or less says 'is it because of their colour that they've been sacked?' is something that I had to make a response to because I totally disagree.

"It can be damaging. I don't question a chairman's integrity.
"I've been very close to getting a couple of jobs recently, and out of 35-40 applicants, I've got to the final two twice. There's encouragement that if I keep doing the right things, then I'll get the opportunity to manage at the level that I want to.

"[Townsend's comments] are damaging. People could read that and think: 'If I take on a black manager is he going to turn around if it doesn't go well and say 'the reason I got sacked is because of the colour of my skin'?

"That is out of order and you can't have statements made like that."
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Black Managers

Postby Angelito » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Could you please remind me of a PL-winning white English manager please? Problem isn't the skin color of managers. It's that England can't produce a half-decent manager. At least in the PL era.

Managers that have won the Prem:

- SAF (Scott)
- Kenny (Scott)
- Wenger (French)
- Mourinho (Portuguese)
- Ancelotti (Italian)
- Mancini (Italian)
- Pellegrini (Chilean)

So yeah. The whole issue has been diverted. What I'm talking about is albeit not directly relate to the racism angle, but what can you expect from a country that hasn't had a good manager since George Graham? Oh wait, he was Scottish too.

'Arry winning the FA Cup with Portsmouth is probably the biggest accomplishment by an English manager since Royle.

The skin color is just a topic of futile discussion . Let's talk about leading English managers, shall we?

A good manager will be able to thrive whether he's blue or green.

Since football is growing as a global phenomenon, I expect capable African, Asian, and even Native American managers to surface on the scene.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Great post Angelito.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dubs4Sam » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Angelito wrote:Could you please remind me of a PL-winning white English manager please? Problem isn't the skin color of managers. It's that England can't produce a half-decent manager. At least in the PL era.

Managers that have won the Prem:

- SAF (Scott)
- Kenny (Scott)
- Wenger (French)
- Mourinho (Portuguese)
- Ancelotti (Italian)
- Mancini (Italian)
- Pellegrini (Chilean)

So yeah. The whole issue has been diverted. What I'm talking about is albeit not directly relate to the racism angle, but what can you expect from a country that hasn't had a good manager since George Graham? Oh wait, he was Scottish too.

'Arry winning the FA Cup with Portsmouth is probably the biggest accomplishment by an English manager since Royle.

The skin color is just a topic of futile discussion . Let's talk about leading English managers, shall we?

A good manager will be able to thrive whether he's blue or green.

Since football is growing as a global phenomenon, I expect capable African, Asian, and even Native American managers to surface on the scene.

What Hodgson he did with Fulham in the Uefa (Europa) Cup was pretty note worthy.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Imagine a world were this would never be topic anymore, where we wouldn't have to count how many different minorities are in charge of sports teams, just to even the numbers to make the politically correct people happy. If every manager was Asian, Black, or Latino I wouldn't care, and if everyone was white I wouldn't care, nor should the rest of the world.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Git » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Just ridiculous really.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:08 pm

What I find offensive is that the Western media and the general public are totally obsessed with race.

To make it worse they actually single out specific races as red flags which makes it even more offensive, its either Black or Muslim (which isn't even a race but you know what I mean).

Here's the question, do you see any Chinese managers? any Indian Managers? any Russian Managers? any Arabic Managers? any Australian Managers?

I personally don't remember any of the above so why are the media mentioning Black managers exactly?

Now you know where you might find an Australian Manager, in Australia, you may also find a Chinese Manager in China, ......... see where this is going? this isn't "an issue" its a media and British public hang up ......... that unfortunately we all have to fkin deal with no matter what your race.

Let me put it this way, one thing I've learned is that success = money, money is green and nobody is racist against green.
Simply put if you are good at something ........like being a football manager for e.g, someone somewhere will hire you, its just that simple.

So in a nutshell this is all a load of bollocks.

The only thing standing in the way of black Managers is the same thing we ALL have to contend with in life and that's getting past the blue blood leg ups and social favours the rich give to each other as a matter of birth right, but once again that's a green issue not a race issue.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:16 pm

The problem is that people get hired on merits, not on the colour of their skin. Some people just don't like the simple fact that some of these minority people just aren't good enough for the job as there was someone who was better.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:44 pm

The lack of black managers in football is purely down to as Ange said, the lack of good English coaches & managers in general. I was speaking to my mate whose got Montserrat heritage & his dads a youth coach at Spurs and we agreed on that fact, that all English managers are deadout. The only half decent one is Eddie Howe and look where he is. Perhaps there's a lack of opportunity regarding race but otherwise it's just a lack of quality, in every race whose English
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:48 pm

Show me one, just one "out" gay player, manager, or referee in the Prem

Then maybe I'll try a little harder to give a toss about this.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:46 am

MAybe because there aren't any and the media witch hunt desperately seeking for one is more likely to put them off if there is one, which I doubt.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Maradonna » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:The problem is that people get hired on merits, not on the colour of their skin.

the problem is that nothing like that happens anywhere.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Vieira will buck the trend and lead us to the Quadruple in 2022.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:The problem is that people get hired on merits, not on the colour of their skin. Some people just don't like the simple fact that some of these minority people just aren't good enough for the job as there was someone who was better.

Tell me again how Moyes was a merited choice for Utd. Or Brendan Rodgers for Liverpool.

Was it merit, or did these guys simply have a strong enough network of pals to skip some of the hoops (trophy count) other managers are put through?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Over here in the NFL, they have a rule when hiring new managers that they have to interview at least 1 minority for the job as well. I get the thinking behind it as to bring equality to the league/world, but I don't think that is the right way to go about it really.

It seems like the more race is emphasized on issues the more it becomes a problem.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Domestic Football