Liverpool F.C.

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Liverpool F.C.

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:07 pm

Reiss wrote:Klopp extends until 2026.

Probably good news tbh. We're not going to win a title anytime soon and I'd rather Pool win it ahead of Chelsea, Utd etc.

Let's hope Pep extends as well to ensure the title is completely locked away from the grasp of other clubs.

Only issue here is he covets Saka and Martinelli.
He knows our team is going to be better than his in the not too distant future so he might well try to raid us.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Sun May 29, 2022 8:09 pm

Sadio Mané wants to leave Liverpool for new challenge as Bayern prepare offer

• Liverpool had hoped to extend forward’s deal beyond 2023
• They would want more than £30m and replacement lined up

Sadio Mané has resolved to leave Liverpool this summer, with Bayern Munich among the clubs hoping to sign the 30-year-old forward. He has been at Anfield since 2016 and feels the time is right for a new experience.

Mané has one year left on his contract and whereas Mohamed Salah, who is in the same situation, has declared that he will stay, the Senegal international intends to tell Liverpool he wants a transfer.
Jürgen Klopp consoles the Liverpool captain, Jordan Henderson, after the defeat against Real Madrid in the Champions League final.
The great teams grasp the moment: Liverpool are still short of that title
Read more

Liverpool have been trying to persuade Mané to extend his deal and would be reluctant sellers, and the question is whether they receive an offer which convinces them to sanction his departure. It would take much more than £30m for them to consider selling, and they would want a replacement lined up first.

Divock Origi is leaving for Milan, Roberto Firmino’s form has been waning and although Luis Díaz has been an excellent addition in attack, Jürgen Klopp does not want to lose Mané this summer.

Mané had hinted in the buildup to the Champions League final that he would stay, saying at Liverpool’s media day when questioned regarding his future: “Come back to me on Saturday and I will give you the best answer you want to hear, for sure. It’s special.”

Bayern are strong contenders in the race to persuade Liverpool to sell but will face competition. The German champions have insisted that Robert Lewandowski will remain for the final year of his contract but the striker wants a move to Barcelona, who have offered a three-year deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ern-munich
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby KG3 » Sun May 29, 2022 9:07 pm

Zenith wrote:

Sadio Mané wants to leave Liverpool for new challenge as Bayern prepare offer

• Liverpool had hoped to extend forward’s deal beyond 2023
• They would want more than £30m and replacement lined up

Sadio Mané has resolved to leave Liverpool this summer, with Bayern Munich among the clubs hoping to sign the 30-year-old forward. He has been at Anfield since 2016 and feels the time is right for a new experience.

Mané has one year left on his contract and whereas Mohamed Salah, who is in the same situation, has declared that he will stay, the Senegal international intends to tell Liverpool he wants a transfer.
Jürgen Klopp consoles the Liverpool captain, Jordan Henderson, after the defeat against Real Madrid in the Champions League final.
The great teams grasp the moment: Liverpool are still short of that title
Read more

Liverpool have been trying to persuade Mané to extend his deal and would be reluctant sellers, and the question is whether they receive an offer which convinces them to sanction his departure. It would take much more than £30m for them to consider selling, and they would want a replacement lined up first.

Divock Origi is leaving for Milan, Roberto Firmino’s form has been waning and although Luis Díaz has been an excellent addition in attack, Jürgen Klopp does not want to lose Mané this summer.

Mané had hinted in the buildup to the Champions League final that he would stay, saying at Liverpool’s media day when questioned regarding his future: “Come back to me on Saturday and I will give you the best answer you want to hear, for sure. It’s special.”

Bayern are strong contenders in the race to persuade Liverpool to sell but will face competition. The German champions have insisted that Robert Lewandowski will remain for the final year of his contract but the striker wants a move to Barcelona, who have offered a three-year deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ern-munich

The smart thing for Liverpool to do would be to get Gnabry in a swap deal
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Losmeister » Sun May 29, 2022 9:55 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Probably good news tbh. We're not going to win a title anytime soon and I'd rather Pool win it ahead of Chelsea, Utd etc.

Let's hope Pep extends as well to ensure the title is completely locked away from the grasp of other clubs.

He knows our team is going to be better than his in the not too distant future so he might well try to raid us.

delusion
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun May 29, 2022 10:04 pm

Losmeister wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

delusion

Looool
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 29, 2022 11:31 pm

Losmeister wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

delusion

If there was any more evidence needed of his trolling, this is it.

Fml. :doh:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon May 30, 2022 9:56 am

Yeah believing in your club and it's young players, what a troll.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:30 am

Interesting to see how much Liverpool get for Mane.

30 years old with 1 year left on his deal.

No doubt Edu would manage £10m but we'd cover 50% of his wages.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 30, 2022 7:44 pm

Santi wrote:Yeah believing in your club and it's young players, what a troll.

ESR Saka and MArtinelli will bring us to EPL title contention and UCL finals over Klopp w/ Saleh/Jota and Co?

sorta the way Ox helped Pool?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon May 30, 2022 7:53 pm

Losmeister wrote:

ESR Saka and MArtinelli will bring us to EPL title contention and UCL finals over Klopp w/ Saleh/Jota and Co?

We will be better than Real in the not too distant future. Believe.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Tue May 31, 2022 1:18 pm

Losmeister wrote:

Did I say it was correct? I just think it’s not trolling.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:24 pm

Santi wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

Did I say it was correct? I just think it’s not trolling.

Believing in the team isn't .......... but stating something so outlandish in comparing us or actually saying we're going to be superior to a team who competes directly every year, if not wins the Premier League and CL's without a shred of reasonable evidence just to get a rise out of people is.

The forum had enough of it, I know I have personally.

It was those exact type of comments which led to ........ "Your off your head Jay", "No you just hate Arsenal" type of arguments and it was happening in loads of threads across the forum.

Its pathetic and as you said you can't even back that comment so stop trying to.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:59 pm

The crux of it though is you think it’s to get a rise out of anyone when I don’t think he actually gives a f**k what you guys think lol.

I think there is an argument to say we have the better prospects in the wide spots while Liverpool’s are ageing and therefore Klopp could be looking at poaching our lads while Liverpool are still way more attractive.

I think they’ve made a great purchase win Diaz though and that alone kills any chance of our wide forwards being better than theirs, never mind the whole squad.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:32 pm

If he didn't give a sht what anyone thinks he wouldn't of spent an abnormal amount of time arguing across multiple threads over and over and wumming after any match we won, but whatever, its past.

As for Liverpool, Klopp actually has proper ambition as do the club, no matter the state of the prospects coming through, Liverpool would just buy the better players.

Until we match Liverpools ambition, willing to spend on what they need and have a manager of that calibre .......... how could we ever be better than them?

We didn't even make top 4 while they competed for the Prem title and CL final, it was a ridiculous remark, it deserved to be called out.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:12 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

We will be better than Real in the not too distant future. Believe.

the ol if i belief BS

try believing you can fly and jump off big ben would make as much sense
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football