English Premier League ~ Season 2015/2016

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Who will win the EPL 2015/2016?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:50 am

A.F.C. Bournemouth
10%
Arsenal
36%
Chelsea
17%
Everton
1%
Liverpool
No votes
Manchester City
32%
Manchester United
2%
Tottenham Hotspur (Lolz again)
1%
Other
1%

Total votes : 84

Re: English Premier League ~ Season 2015/2016

Postby Santi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:47 pm

jesus christ 9 people must have such blind faith in our team, I can't understand even as an Arsenal fan what makes you think we are the most likely to win it. it will take a miracle season for us to win it, we need next to no injuries because in most places the backups are crap and we also need coquelin and giroud to have amazing seasons which I just can't imagine. I know i'm going to get some shit for this post but it's real.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Mesüt wrote:jesus christ 9 people must have such blind faith in our team, I can't understand even as an Arsenal fan what makes you think we are the most likely to win it. it will take a miracle season for us to win it, we need next to no injuries because in most places the backups are crap and we also need coquelin and giroud to have amazing seasons which I just can't imagine. I know i'm going to get some shit for this post but it's real.

Who cares about being right.

We are Arsenal fans because we want to see our team win. Which is the whole point. I couldn't care less if Chlesea have more top class players than us i want to see us win which is why i support the club.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Objectively speaking our chances are extremely slim at present, last season's squad + Cech is not enough to turn the tide.

Have to wait until I see what moves we make before voting, fanboyism is the only reason people are tipping us for the title at this point.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Gunpowder » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:56 pm

We bought backup keeper of title holders. Even though he is not a backup material that's obviously not enough to beat Chelsea.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jackson » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Objectively speaking our chances are extremely slim at present, last season's squad + Cech is not enough to turn the tide.

Have to wait until I see what moves we make before voting, fanboyism is the only reason people are tipping us for the title at this point.
The bookies have us at 9/2 which is objective and not 'extremely slim'. I'd say Chelsea (6/4), City (11/4) and ManU (5/1) are all underpriced too.
And here's to you Mathieu Flamini
Arsene loves you more than you will ever know (wo, wo, wo, wo)
Jackson
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:21 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Mesüt wrote:jesus christ 9 people must have such blind faith in our team, I can't understand even as an Arsenal fan what makes you think we are the most likely to win it. it will take a miracle season for us to win it, we need next to no injuries because in most places the backups are crap and we also need coquelin and giroud to have amazing seasons which I just can't imagine. I know i'm going to get some shit for this post but it's real.

We are Arsenal fans because we want to see our team win. Which is the whole point. I couldn't care less if Chlesea have more top class players than us i want to see us win which is why i support the club.

No the point is 'who will win the premier league 2015-16' as the question asks? Of course all Arsenal fans want to see the team win every game, not sure what point you think you are actually making because you're not even making one.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Maradonna » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Mesüt wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

No the point is 'who will win the premier league 2015-16' as the question asks? Of course all Arsenal fans want to see the team win every game, not sure what point you think you are actually making because you're not even making one.

i really believe that we have a strong chance.
we are better placed than both united and city imo.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Mesüt wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Not just us but both United and City made things so, so easy for Chelsea last season.

You talking like they are some unstoppable team. From what i see they put everything into winning it last season and will arrogantly think they will win it this season and will expect all their players to get stronger despite many of their defenders hitting the wrong side of 30 with key members especially Terry and Ivanovic. But Terry most of all one big injury away from their careers going bye, bye!

People still think we are way behind chelsea and look at last seasons total, then again Chelsea where 15 or so points ahead when we where pissing about at the beginning of last season up until December-January. Since then we performed just as well if not better than them!

We are going to have to play really, really shit for 3 months NOT to Challenge or beat Cheslea. In the same way we didn't successfully win trophies by adapting to the BUY, BUY and BUY! Even players you don't need to stop rivals model in the last 10 years! United, City and Chelsea haven't adapted to the new model of develop your own while making smart buys since there are very, very few World class players available.

The problem City have now is the same issue Chelsea will so have and will fall because they don't integrate their youngsters properly. Which can't be rectified since there isn't enough talent to buy.
Last edited by elkanofan on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:47 pm

I'm not referring to just Chelsea though, hence I voted Man Utd depending on their signings. Both those teams, and City, have more nous than us when it matters although I'd fancy our chances against City. I do think Chelsea will go all out for the CL this season and even sacrifice the PL if they have to but, depending on the transfers, I'd have us 4th behind the obvious 3. If we play perfectly all season and get lucky with injuries then of course we can win it, if we have more than a small dip I just can't see us recovering to win the title, look at our end to the season when we actually still had a chance? Meanwhile Chelsea recovered from bad positions against Leicester, Stoke & Hull at least and didn't have to do anything when they came to the Emirates.

We always manage to do well for half a season, as you say we caught them up in the second half, but that's the problem..some people and f***ing Wenger seem to believe the exact same team (+cech atm) can do it over a whole season and that's where we ALWAYS go wrong. Never are the adequate backups purchased to enable us to cope with injuries, never are the adequate replacements able to step in when someone is out of form, never are the adequate replacements there to give someone a rest when they are tired...and that is why we struggle to maintain our consistency every single season since 2004.

Now of course I, and all other Arsenal fans, want us to win the title, but I'm genuinely surprised that we are leading the way in this poll, it has to be pure tinted opinions ?
Last edited by Santi on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:49 pm

^ See it there.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:50 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Not just us but both United and City made things so, so easy for Chelsea last season.

You talking like they are some unstoppable team. From what i see they put everything into winning it last season and will arrogantly think they will win it this season and will expect all their players to get stronger despite many of their defenders hitting the wrong side of 30 with key members especially Terry and Ivanovic. But Terry most of all one big injury away from their careers going bye, bye!

People still think we are way behind chelsea and look at last seasons total, then again Chelsea where 15 or so points ahead when we where pissing about at the beginning of last season up until December-January. Since then we performed just as well if not better than them!

We are going to have to play really, really shit for 3 months NOT to Challenge or beat Cheslea. In the same way we didn't successfully win trophies by adapting to the BUY, BUY and BUY! Even layers you don't need to stop rivals model in the last 10 years! United, City and Chelsea haven't adapted to the new model of develop your own while making smart buys since there are very, very few World class players available.

The problem City have now is the same issue Chelsea will so have and will fall because they don't integrate their youngsters properly. Which can't be rectified since there isn't enough talent to buy.

This.

People still acting like we don't have a chance (probs down to AW still being here).

Cool. Give up before a ball has been kicked and stay pissed for a whole season.

I really don't mind what people think when I vote for arsenal to win the league. Most people laughed at an invincible season and it wasn't that long ago that silverware was impossible under AW and we would never break our transfer record of 15m.

Shit changes.

Fitness gurus practices start kicking in.
The almunias are replaced with Cechs.
The gervinhos are replaced with sanchezs.
The broken leg Rambos are replaced with Welsh Jesus.
The coqs were out, now their in.

It's only a matter of time and its not as big a stretch as some will have you believe.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

English Premier League ~ Season 2015/2016

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:54 pm

We're two players away from a title winning squad now, a DM and a striker. Carvalho and Lacazette and if we do that and keep everyone else I'm Wenger in.

The problem is we've been two players short since transfer windows were invented! I don't trust Wenger to fill those gaps!
Last edited by Arsenal Tone on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:55 pm

Zedie wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

We are going to have to play really, really shit for 3 months NOT to Challenge or beat Cheslea. In the same way we didn't successfully win trophies by adapting to the BUY, BUY and BUY! Even layers you don't need to stop rivals model in the last 10 years! United, City and Chelsea haven't adapted to the new model of develop your own while making smart buys since there are very, very few World class players available.

This.

People still acting like we don't have a chance (probs down to AW still being here).

Cool. Give up before a ball has been kicked and stay pissed for a whole season.

I really don't mind what people think when I vote for arsenal to win the league. Most people laughed at an invincible season and it wasn't that long ago that silverware was impossible under AW and we would never break our transfer record of 15m.

Shit changes.

Fitness gurus practices start kicking in.
The almunias are replaced with Cechs.
The gervinhos are replaced with sanchezs.
The broken leg Rambos are replaced with Welsh Jesus.
The coqs were out, now their in.

It's only a matter of time and its not as big a stretch as some will have you believe.

Could be down to us being absolute toilet in the league last season. Thankfully Man Utd and Liverpool were even worse getting us that 3rd spot on default. No one else was going to finish above us
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:58 pm

It's not "giving up" to acknowledge the fact our squad at present isn't best equipped to mount a title challenge, it's just reality.

We need more signings, hence the reason I said I can't vote until I see what we do in the transfer market.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Maradonna » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:We're two players away from a title winning squad now,!

that means absolutely nothing.
the market is the last place you go to resolve an issue.
we are not 2 players away from anything, we are already a definite contender for the title.
We need an extra body in midfield.
An elite striker is a dream
we can do it without the striker, its going to be harder but not impossible.
we can do it without the midfielder it's going to be harder but not impossible.
if we are the better team we are going to win it.
from january till now we showed we are the better team.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football