Flop-Hit signings of EPL-2014-15

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Flop-Hit signings of EPL-2014-15

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Interesting debate going on here. I think Young is excellent on his day but I reiterate, it's just not often enough. He needs to be having games like he did against Man City every week before he can be really considered a top player.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby AAIRE99 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:58 pm

I agree Stoke Fan, I think the fact he is automatically in any side in the league shows there are some issues on the wing in the league.

A level headed poster not named Yorky, Billo or no more than 10 max Arsenal fans, who ever would have thoughtz.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Who's hodgkins?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby jmiles10 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Young is a decent player but I wouldn't have him here
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ESFSAFC » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:24 pm

AAIRE99 wrote:I agree Stoke Fan, I think the fact he is automatically in any side in the league shows there are some issues on the wing in the league.

A level headed poster not named Yorky, Billo or no more than 10 max Arsenal fans, who ever would have thoughtz.

That's not a fact, that's your opinion.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StokeFan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:14 am

jmiles10 wrote:Young is a decent player but I wouldn't have him here

Why not? On his day, (I reiterate that), he would probably get into your first 11 and would be an incredibly useful player. I think the big problem with Young is getting a full season where he puts those performances in week in week out. You're allowed the odd off day, but when you're performing under par for most weeks and throwing in the odd good performance, that's where the issues are.

He had a lot of potential as well, never seemed to quite fulfil it though.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:46 am

Ashley young :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StokeFan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:59 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Ashley young :lol:

Strange you're hammering. A close friend of mine is a Man City fan and had nothing but good things to say after United battered you?
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:01 am

StokeFan wrote:

Why not? On his day, (I reiterate that), he would probably get into your first 11 and would be an incredibly useful player. I think the big problem with Young is getting a full season where he puts those performances in week in week out. You're allowed the odd off day, but when you're performing under par for most weeks and throwing in the odd good performance, that's where the issues are.

lol at on his day, on Walcott's day he is easily ahead of him, on Sanchez's day he is easily ahead of him, on OX's day he is probably ahead of him, on Welbeck's day he might even be ahead of him.

What does 'on his day' mean? One performance ever where you get the best out of them? Cos Welbeck had a damn good game vs Gala and some decent games on the wing, so do we pick one of those or do we pick his regular performances? Over a full season i'd still have Theo and Sanchez ahead of Young so he wouldn't start for us. He's a decent player and some of the bashing is OTT but Billo always goes the opposite way like when he was harking on about Fellaini not too long back. Making comments like 'Ashley Young would walk into any team in the Prem' or w/e he exactly said is ridiculous. Make those comments about Hazard and nobody will disagree, Ashley Young? Come onnnn :lol:

Plus he's played mostly on the LW from what i've seen, if not at LB so not sure why Billo is saying he is the other side to Hazard etc. and comparing him to Walcott. Young has played most his career on the LW.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:17 am

Mesüt wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

lol at on his day, on Walcott's day he is easily ahead of him, on Sanchez's day he is easily ahead of him, on OX's day he is probably ahead of him, on Welbeck's day he might even be ahead of him.

What does 'on his day' mean? One performance ever where you get the best out of them? Cos Welbeck had a damn good game vs Gala and some decent games on the wing, so do we pick one of those or do we pick his regular performances? Over a full season i'd still have Theo and Sanchez ahead of Young so he wouldn't start for us. He's a decent player and some of the bashing is OTT but Billo always goes the opposite way like when he was harking on about Fellaini not too long back. Making comments like 'Ashley Young would walk into any team in the Prem' or w/e he exactly said is ridiculous. Make those comments about Hazard and nobody will disagree, Ashley Young? Come onnnn :lol:

Plus he's played mostly on the LW from what i've seen, if not at LB so not sure why Billo is saying he is the other side to Hazard etc. and comparing him to Walcott. Young has played most his career on the LW.

Oh let's not be daft here. Sanchez is worlds ahead of Young and his day is a lot more often. If we're honest, Sanchez has carried you at times this season. I don't think anyone will ever say that about Ashley Young and Man Utd. That said, I do believe Young is a useful player on his day. I'm not sure I would put Ox ahead of him though. Potentially? Oh yes, but similarly, Ox seems to have too many off days. He was particularly poor against us earlier this season when we beat you 3-2, which is disappointing because many Stoke fans actually want Ox to succeed seeing as his father was one of the most skilful players to ever play for Stoke.

Not so sure about Welbeck though man. Totally different players to begin with and really, Welbeck's season can be summed up by the fact he simply hasn't scored enough goals for the money. He scored one massive goal (in the cup against United) but it's not been a great season and I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone in the next 18 months.

I've certainly not said he'd walk in any team. At times when I've watched him, I genuinely wonder if he'd walk in my team (Arnie is class and Pieters is more consistent), but there's a lot of talent there and getting more consistent performances would answer a lot of those questions.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:17 pm

StokeFan wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Ashley young :lol:

Strange you're hammering. A close friend of mine is a Man City fan and had nothing but good things to say after United battered you?

I don't see losing by 2 goals a battering myself. Especially when 2 were offside.

Anyway, I'm laughing at the statement that he could walk into any starting 11.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Laughable how people are looking at Young's form 'on his day' and ignoring the fact that there are right wingers in this league that could tear Young apart 'on their day'.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Maradonna » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:40 pm

walcott

young.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Pudpop wrote:Laughable how people are looking at Young's form 'on his day' and ignoring the fact that there are right wingers in this league that could tear Young apart 'on their day'.

Exactly mate.

On his day even Navas walks all over him. Navas just doesn't have many of those days either. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Pudpop wrote:Laughable how people are looking at Young's form 'on his day' and ignoring the fact that there are right wingers in this league that could tear Young apart 'on their day'.

Well it's two people and they don't support Arsenal or Man City :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football