English Football Transfer Rumours & Deals (Non-Arsenal)

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: English Football Transfer Rumours & Deals (Non-Arsenal)

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:56 pm

Chelsea selling some 19 year old pubber with 1 premier league game to his name (19/20) to a Russian team for £17m ... seems fishy.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 pm

Chris wood to Newcastle for £20m ...

Should have given them Eddie
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:34 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Chelsea selling some 19 year old pubber with 1 premier league game to his name (19/20) to a Russian team for £17m ... seems fishy.

Yeah- it seems Chelsea and City getting are away with some very suspect dealings.
UEFA should be investigating whether the City and Chelsea owners are funnelling money into the buying clubs through other means to inflate the sales value and pad their football finances to get around FFP.
Check out the Ferran Torres deal and who happened to massively sponsor Barcelona before the deal happened. :sneaky2:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:38 pm

Burnley selling their best striker to a relegation rival lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:22 pm

Ach wrote:Burnley selling their best striker to a relegation rival lol

Release clause met, they had no choice apparently
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:10 am

Reiss wrote:Why are Newcastle spending £25m on a 30 year old? Surely it makes more sense to pay £10m for someone like Nketiah who is young and could turn into a star, rather than splash that much on an ageing striker that probably will play around a season max for them?!

Nketiah is never going to be a star for a BPL level team but yeah I get what you mean he’s certainly be a better option than wood
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:52 am

KG3 wrote:
Reiss wrote:Why are Newcastle spending £25m on a 30 year old? Surely it makes more sense to pay £10m for someone like Nketiah who is young and could turn into a star, rather than splash that much on an ageing striker that probably will play around a season max for them?!

Nketiah is never going to be a star for a BPL level team but yeah I get what you mean he’s certainly be a better option than wood

You say that based on what? Wood has a track record Nketia doesn’t
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:27 am

It's a tactical move. Get a player in with experience of the Premier League trenches, and at the same time deprive Burnley of their main striker.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:29 am

They will spend what they have to to stay in the PL then they can start moving forward. Without this financial injection they would be gone. Money has totally ruined football in this country.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:53 am

Reiss wrote:I get that but you'd think they'd go for a younger star that could play for them for 10 years and turn into a decent player for them (although I don't rate Eddie much, but the potential is there) rather than some average has-been that is coming to the end of his career.

I think Phil is right, it's more about weakening a rival.

I think it's both. Eddie isn't rated much on here, why would Newcastle rate him? They can get a proven premiership player, short term is all they are thinking about. They can pay big bucks for better players next summer when they've stayed in the PL and can start competing for a CL place, with that and money they can aattract much better players than Eddie will be. Ten years is not in their plan right now.
Goonerred

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:02 am

On Nketiah, Arteta added: "He’s our player and he’s going to stay with us."
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:31 am

Reiss wrote:I get that but you'd think they'd go for a younger star that could play for them for 10 years and turn into a decent player for them (although I don't rate Eddie much, but the potential is there) rather than some average has-been that is coming to the end of his career.

Back in the days when the top level player pool was limited in Britain, Liverpool did that all the time with their rivals at the top of the division.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:03 am

Phil71 wrote:

Back in the days when the top level player pool was limited in Britain, Liverpool did that all the time with their rivals at the top of the division.

I think Chelsea did it when they first came into the money.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:04 am

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Yes, and Man City of course.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:07 am

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Yes, and Man City of course.

Chelsea were the first with the big money.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football