Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Cripps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Can he play with Ramsey?

With Xhaka and Elneny finished at this level, maybe play both Jack and Ramsey ahead of Coq

Coq

Jack Ramsey

Ozil

Laca Alexis

Would mean 4 at the back
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:11 pm

No play Coq and Ramsey central so Ramsey doesn't get all hollywood and invade Wilshere's space.

-----Wilshere--------

---Coq----Ramsey----
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:34 am

Wilshere running up his mouth again, about their character. You plum. You beat a team 0-1 that nobody had ever heard of, Giroud cost more than their entire team!!

So what if the crowd were raucous, if you can't beat a team of part timers you should not be playing the game.

Admittedly you can only beat what's in front of you but FFS, running a game against a joke team is hardly proof he is ready for the bigger games. Thats not to say that he isn't ready because he probably is, but this game should be scrubbed from memory.

More proof if you needed it that Arsenal should comfortably be able to win the Europa League, I said it before and I will say it again, even with reserves/kids Arsenal should be too strong for 90% of the teams in the competition.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Trequartista » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 am

theHotHead wrote:Wilshere running up his mouth again, about their character. You plum. You beat a team 0-1 that nobody had ever heard of, Giroud cost more than their entire team!!

So what if the crowd were raucous, if you can't beat a team of part timers you should not be playing the game.

Admittedly you can only beat what's in front of you but FFS, running a game against a joke team is hardly proof he is ready for the bigger games. Thats not to say that he isn't ready because he probably is, but this game should be scrubbed from memory.

More proof if you needed it that Arsenal should comfortably be able to win the Europa League, I said it before and I will say it again, even with reserves/kids Arsenal should be too strong for 90% of the teams in the competition.

Yes, we should be beating Red Star Belgrade, but they are no mugs. We had played them twice before this occasion, and last night was the first time we got a win. Do me a favour and leave the "joke team" and "part timers" nonsense out.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:38 am

Trequartista wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Wilshere running up his mouth again, about their character. You plum. You beat a team 0-1 that nobody had ever heard of, Giroud cost more than their entire team!!

Yes, we should be beating Red Star Belgrade, but they are no mugs. We had played them twice before this occasion, and last night was the first time we got a win. Do me a favour and leave the "joke team" and "part timers" nonsense out.

Not to mention we played part timers as well......
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:18 am

Yeah have to agree, Wilshere and the select few seniors were basically playing with half a team of returnee injured players, youths and 2nd choice players.

Our three seniors took their sweet time but did come up with a bit of magic to take them out.

That flick on by Wilshere was the sort of stuff the great players of the late 90's and early 2,000's used to do, Zidane would of been happy with that flick on.

Such a strange thing that there's better results and moments of magic from a reserve hack team than our bloody first team.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:32 am

You've never heard of Red Star Belgrade before?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 am

I have never heard of Crvena Zvezda. That explains why they had 50,000 supporters then. :lol:

My bad. Of course I know Red Star Belgrade. Why did the BBC and Sky report it as Crvena Zvezda ? FFS
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 am

When he is central he is very dangerous, as a lw he doesn't have the pace to go down the line or a right foot to cut in with.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Trequartista » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:I have never heard of Crvena Zvezda. That explains why they had 50,000 supporters then. :lol:

My bad. Of course I know Red Star Belgrade. Why did the BBC and Sky report it as Crvena Zvezda ? FFS

Because that's the official name of the club. Same reason they refer to FC Köln, not FC Cologne.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Trequartista wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I have never heard of Crvena Zvezda. That explains why they had 50,000 supporters then. :lol:

Because that's the official name of the club. Same reason they refer to FC Köln, not FC Cologne.

such basic stuff, ffs... and STILL it needs to be explained... ffs
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:43 pm

I say put him in the 10 role if Ozil goes in Jan. Not like we have too many other choices.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:23 pm

StLGooner wrote:I say put him in the 10 role if Ozil goes in Jan. Not like we have too many other choices.

Definitely.

I never understood why people wanted him to play deep, I think it was to try and fit him in the team at the time but he's a little guy with twinkle toes, he's never an enforcer.

Just because he has a bit of fight in him doesn't mean he's built to crunch tackles with 6'ft plus CM's.

At CAM or position behind the striker he'll get less injuries as offensive players get protected more and are around the box so defenders are more careful about the tackles they make.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Trequartista wrote:

such basic stuff, ffs... and STILL it needs to be explained... ffs

Unless you speak Serbian how the f**k are you supposed to know what Crvena Zvezda means !!

Koln is easy cos its German and pretty common/self explanatory
Last edited by theHotHead on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:33 pm

And more to the point the BBC often show foreign team names in English and not their native spelling. So don't get bright.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club