Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere

Postby Cripps » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:53 pm

badup wrote:Did Mesut actually say Nasri has been City's best player

From the players that came from Arsenal, yes he has been
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Sell Theo, bring Benzema.

I don't understand why people think Benzema is a realistic target for us.

He's been amazing for Real these past two seasons and if Real don't want to sell someone they don't get sold. We have virtually no chance of getting him.

Couple of things really.

- Aguero rumours have been doing the rounds despite going quiet recently. If Aguero was to join Madrid then Benzema would likely leave.
- Not been performing as of late and the Madrid fans have been on his back aswell as Bale ect.

Wenger likes him a lot and the way the last couple of summers have gone I can see him making one more BIG summer signing before he leaves.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby arsenaleung » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:50 pm

Cripps wrote:Can see us selling him for his real value and not including the english tax

that's just what Wenger does.

Vieira 14M
Henry 16.5M
Cole 5M+Gallas
Clichy 7M
Hleb 12M
Song 14M
Reyes 6M
Eboue 3M
Vela 5M
Toure 16M
Nasri 25M
Van Persie 25M
Adebayor 25M
Cesc 29.5M

I found none of the above acceptable. Just get the Director of Football from Porto, Lyon, Sevilla and pay him a million per year, we will get much better deals.

If Wenger loses faith in Wilshere, he will probably just sell wilshere for 20M.

I think with a great negotiator, 40M is hugely likely.
arsenaleung
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ESFSAFC » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:27 pm

arsenaleung wrote:
Cripps wrote:Can see us selling him for his real value and not including the english tax

that's just what Wenger does.

Vieira 14M
Henry 16.5M
Cole 5M+Gallas
Clichy 7M
Hleb 12M
Song 14M
Reyes 6M
Eboue 3M
Vela 5M
Toure 16M
Nasri 25M
Van Persie 25M
Adebayor 25M
Cesc 29.5M

I found none of the above acceptable. Just get the Director of Football from Porto, Lyon, Sevilla and pay him a million per year, we will get much better deals.

If Wenger loses faith in Wilshere, he will probably just sell wilshere for 20M.

I think with a great negotiator, 40M is hugely likely.

I would say only a few of them have been questionable.

Vieira 14M, I started supporting around this time so unsure of the details but read in places he wanted to leave for a while and also Cesc had to play.
Henry 16.5M Age and he wanted to leave, felt he was disrupting the team. Wenger didn't stand in the way.
Cole 5M+Gallas hmm maybe this one too although at the time it didn't seem that bad. Obviously other factors were at play. Cole wanted to leave.
Clichy 7M Good deal
Hleb 12M Entering into his final year of his contract, good deal. Especially looking back now.
Song 14M Good deal if a very surprising one for me, song saw lights and Wenger didn't care, Ramsey, Wilshere and Arteta were coming through.
Reyes 6M He desperately wanted to leave and return to Spain.
Eboue 3M :P
Vela 5M He is playing well over there and is worth more but we just wanted him off the books.
Toure 16M Very good deal
Nasri 25M Final year wasn't it?
Van Persie 25M Final year, I wouldn't argue with anyone who said this was a good or bad deal.
Adebayor 25M Good deal
Cesc 29.5M Same as Van Persie in I wouldn't argue with it.

Also those times are behind us. None of our players will leave this summer unless we want it to happen, except Theo but he can leave if the contract rumours are true.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Wenger should've been sacked for the fee we got Cesc. To actually go to the board and tell them to lower Cescs value to something Barca wanted to pay was criminal
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Walcott14 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:24 pm

Cripps wrote:Wenger should've been sacked for the fee we got Cesc. To actually go to the board and tell them to lower Cescs value to something Barca wanted to pay was criminal

Cesc wanted to go badly. Wenger being kind to him there by easing his move. Too bad We did not bought him back, because we would actually have space from him soon due to Flamini, Arteta and Diaby being off. Hopefully we never sell Bellerin back to them and also steal Sergi samper from them. He is their academy player since Messi, Iniesta and Xavi.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Danskin » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:12 am

A good read on Wilshere's situation:

http://arseblog.com/2015/03/wilshful-thinking/
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:31 am

If we can swindle City, Chelsea, or United for £50m+, I'll gladly fly out to London from NYC and drive Jack to his new club myself.

Schneiderlin & Dybala > Wilshere
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby henrysghost » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:51 am

Wouldn't be opposed to selling if we are upgrading. No point in selling if wenger plans on either counting the money or buying yet another attacking midfielder.
henrysghost
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Sell Theo, bring Benzema.

I don't understand why people think Benzema is a realistic target for us.

He's been amazing for Real these past two seasons and if Real don't want to sell someone they don't get sold. We have virtually no chance of getting him.

Sanchez wasn't; Ozil wasn't.

Real will go for an overhaul again in the summer. Just accept you don't want Giroud to be displaced. ;)
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cripps » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Benzema becomes a realistic target when or if Real buy a big name striker much like how bale came in and we got Ozil or suarez at Barca and we got sanchez.

I'm hoping signing those 2 would convince Benzema to make the move cos I can't see him being convinced by Wengers finish fourth philosophy.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:38 am

Aguero to Madrid, Benzema to Arsenal.

It is very feasible. Aguero must now realize City are a spent force and will never be serious contenders in the CL; he will be the shiny new toy brought in to pacify the Madrid fans.

We get Benzema and Schneiderlin and the French contingent reaches immortal level headed by the Most High Diaby.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Big17 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:15 am

Cripps wrote:I'm hoping signing those 2 would convince Benzema to make the move cos I can't see him being convinced by Wengers finish fourth philosophy.

The same top 4 philosophy that convinced Ozil and Sanchez to sign in the first place? :think:

Good heavens, how did he do it.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Cripps » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:24 am

Alexis17 wrote:
Cripps wrote:I'm hoping signing those 2 would convince Benzema to make the move cos I can't see him being convinced by Wengers finish fourth philosophy.

The same top 4 philosophy that convinced Ozil and Sanchez to sign in the first place? :think:

Mert and Podolski by Ozils own admission was the reason he came.

Sanchez could either come here or never play at Barca.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:32 am

Cripps wrote:
Alexis17 wrote:

Mert and Podolski by Ozils own admission was the reason he came.

Sanchez could either come here or never play at Barca.

Or the offer he had from Liverpool. The team that finished above us last season...
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club