Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Santi » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Think some of you are giving the players way too much credit. Some of them are just poor.

Xhaka - could be better under a new manager, was better before and need to see if it was just the system not suiting him or the league.
Ramsey - could get better under a new manager that is more strict with him.
Bellerin - could get better under a new manager that provides him with competition and defensive coaching.
Ozil - could get better under a new manager that is more strict with him.
Iwobi - could get better with a loan and/or someone defining his position, working with him on end product.

Wilshere, Mustafi, Welbeck, Ospina, Cech are all unlikely to be any better with a new manager imo, Cech maybe if we start playing defensive but that's more masking his weaknesses. Wilshere's main issue is injuries, they appear to have ruined him now and he's not shown enough over the last few years to even justify another chance. As much as I dislike the c***, at least Ramsey has offered something to suggest he could be useful.
Again, Mustafi might benefit a bit from playing in a more strict regime but still think his brain farts are just too natural to curb. Welbeck - clearly has his uses as a defensive forward but why do we need that.

We can't waste 100k pw on the hope he might get better, signs are that he's more likely to get injured. Spend that 100k pw on someone we know for sure is good.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:53 am

Santi wrote:Think some of you are giving the players way too much credit. Some of them are just poor.

Xhaka - could be better under a new manager, was better before and need to see if it was just the system not suiting him or the league.
Bellerin - could get better under a new manager that provides him with competition and defensive coaching.
Iwobi - could get better with a loan and/or someone defining his position, working with him on end product.

Wilshere, Mustafi, Welbeck, Ospina, Cech are all unlikely to be any better with a new manager imo, Cech maybe if we start playing defensive but that's more masking his weaknesses. Wilshere's main issue is injuries, they appear to have ruined him now and he's not shown enough over the last few years to even justify another chance. As much as I dislike the c***, at least Ramsey has offered something to suggest he could be useful.
Again, Mustafi might benefit a bit from playing in a more strict regime but still think his brain farts are just too natural to curb. Welbeck - clearly has his uses as a defensive forward but why do we need that.

We can't waste 100k pw on the hope he might get better, signs are that he's more likely to get injured. Spend that 100k pw on someone we know for sure is good.

That last manager bloke must have been absolute trash ... seems like nobody could pay under him .... or

Just maybe that's as good as any of them will ever be? they're not 19 and 20 they're all in their prime or past it ....

Is our current strategy to hope that the same players who managed 5th then 6th in the last two seasons will all miraculously improve and get us back to top four? really that's it ... because that thinking is utterly delusional ..... and deep down we all know that ....

We need change and lots of it ... out go seven or eight, and in come four or five much better players ... if not it will just be rinse and repeat ...

Sokratis Papastathopoulos - Marouane Fellaini - William Carvalho ..... like that will make any difference, squad players at best, and we already have way to many of them as it is ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:00 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Santi wrote:Think some of you are giving the players way too much credit. Some of them are just poor.

That last manager bloke must have been absolute trash ... seems like nobody could pay under him .... or

Just maybe that's as good as any of them will ever be? they're not 19 and 20 they're all in their prime or past it ....

Is our current strategy to hope that the same players who managed 5th then 6th in the last two seasons will all miraculously improve and get us back to top four? really that's it ... because that thinking is utterly delusional ..... and deep down we all know that ....

We need change and lots of it ... out go seven or eight, and in come four or five much better players ... if not it will just be rinse and repeat ...

Sokratis Papastathopoulos - Marouane Fellaini - William Carvalho ..... like that will make any difference, squad players at best, and we already have way to many of them as it is ....

Give Jack and Bendner time. They're still young
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:54 am

West Ham here we come methinks for wheelchair, he needs a fresh challenge.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby KG3 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Sims wrote:Wisest move is to get rid imo
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:43 am

Ahhhh I do feel sorry for Jack because I know he loves this club, he's trying to act like he has leverage but really he doesn't and he know's it.
Fact is if he wants to stay he should just take the deal we offered, for me I think its best he moves on, Mhkitarayan can do his role all day.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... y-Emirates
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 pm

funny thread on a marginal p layer
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:46 pm

I hope there's no truth to this unless Jack is willing to take a pay cut.

Honestly I think I've had my run with Wilshere, good lad but where are we going with this guy? he'll never baton down a first team place and I think that's what he wants deep down.

As a back yeah sure but ..............

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/10/unai-eme ... r-7620201/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Honestly I think I've had my run with Wilshere, good lad

Lad
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:56 pm

"never baton down"
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Lad

Your American, I tell you how to speak English not the other way around.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DialSquaregooner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:59 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Lad

:rofll: :rofll:
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Swan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Lad

You're* :hiding:
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Lad

I was just emphasizing Jack being a lad because everyone always says he's a lad.

Like this -

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:........ I do wish him all the best if true though, he's a good lad.

Lad
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby joleg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Santi wrote:Release near enough world class CB for a guy who has never proven anything?

What the f**k?

Koscielny is not a world class defender. He isn't even average, he make mistakes every 2 games. If we get soyuncu and sokratis then I believe is better to keep wilshere and not kos (even thought I know kos will stay, its just an opinion).
joleg
Patrick Vieira

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club