Re: Theo Walcott announces retirement from football

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Cripps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Cripps wrote:If Freddie was playing for us right now and produced 46 in 216 he'd be hated by everyone on here. He was fortunate he got carried by Vieira, Gilberto, Pires etc

Theo has Xhaka arteta and sanogo

Ummmm Ljungberg was a midfielder not a forward or a striker. Why would a midfielder who scored 1 in 4 games be hated by Arsenal fans?

He plays on the right. So does Theo.

Excuses for Freddie aren't good.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Cripps wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Cripps wrote:If Freddie was playing for us right now and produced 46 in 216 he'd be hated by everyone on here. He was fortunate he got carried by Vieira, Gilberto, Pires etc

Theo has Xhaka arteta and sanogo

Ummmm Ljungberg was a midfielder not a forward or a striker. Why would a midfielder who scored 1 in 4 games be hated by Arsenal fans?

He plays on the right. So does Theo.

Excuses for Freddie aren't good.

Theo is classed as a forward, an inside forward, he has played more as an inside forward than he has as a winger.

Ljungberg was a box to box midfielder that made exceptional late runs into the box and scored lots of goals, much like Frank Lampard. There is no similarity to the role Freddie played - who would tuck in and help defend, to Theo who attacks and stays wide.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Starmand can chip in at any time but I'd guess Theo's scoring tally is around or exceeds the likes of Pires,

Walcott has scored 107 goals in 12 seasons for us, Pires scored 84 goals in 6 seasons.

Gets worse Pires 84 in 189 versus Walnut 107 in 388 .... how is that in anyway "around or exceeds the likes of Pires" it's not even feckin' close, Pires was in a totally different class to Walnut .....

Joke ting. How anyone can claim Theo is comparable to any one of our top players is a piss take. Even Ready Freddie (Ljungberg) is comparable to Theo (46 goals in 216 appearances) and he was a right midfielder - not a forward or a winger !

I'd have Ljungberg over Theo every day of the week and twice on a match day

Underrated tbh

People missing the point, I never said Theo was better than Pires or Ljungberg in fact I stated he had faults, I was merely sticking up for his goal tally in comparison, if Pires has scored more than that's that, I don't have an issue with it I prefer Pires regardless.

Pires has a much better goal scoring record, as shown previously
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
People missing the point, I never said Theo was better than Pires or Ljungberg in fact I stated he had faults, I was merely sticking up for his goal tally in comparison, if Pires has scored more than that's that, I don't have an issue with it I prefer Pires regardless.

Yeah but his goal tally in isolation gives half the picture. Yes he is in a select group of players to score 100 goals for Arsenal, but when you add context to it, i.e. it took 10 or 11 seasons to get there, the achievement becomes underwhelming
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:33 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah but his goal tally in isolation gives half the picture. Yes he is in a select group of players to score 100 goals for Arsenal, but when you add context to it, i.e. it took 10 or 11 seasons to get there, the achievement becomes underwhelming

For a right winger that's pretty good
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:48 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Starmand can chip in at any time but I'd guess Theo's scoring tally is around or exceeds the likes of Pires,

Walcott has scored 107 goals in 12 seasons for us, Pires scored 84 goals in 6 seasons.

Gets worse Pires 84 in 189 versus Walnut 107 in 388 .... how is that in anyway "around or exceeds the likes of Pires" it's not even feckin' close, Pires was in a totally different class to Walnut .....

Joke ting. How anyone can claim Theo is comparable to any one of our top players is a piss take. Even Ready Freddie (Ljungberg) is comparable to Theo (46 goals in 216 appearances) and he was a right midfielder - not a forward or a winger !

I'd have Ljungberg over Theo every day of the week and twice on a match day

Underrated tbh

Pires has a much better goal scoring record, as shown previously

Theo played 22.913mins for Arsenal scored 107 -> 214,14 min per goal
Pires played 20.224mins for Arsenal scored 81 -> 249,67 min per goal

Theo played his first minutes at the age of 17 here and undoubtable most of the time in a less competitive Arsenal squad.
Pires was around 27years old as he started to play for Arsenal.

Not wanna compare both blokes skill wise but how on earth has Pires a better goal scoring record ?!?

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Cripps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Wow. GA destroyed.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby knowledge93 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:55 pm

How are people comparing a goal poaching winger to wingers who actually contributed to buildup play and chipped in with goals?
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Schlandi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:00 pm

knowledge93 wrote:How are people comparing a goal poaching winger to wingers who actually contributed to buildup play and chipped in with goals?

Indeed..
Walcott -> 309,63 min per assist
Pires -> 674,13 min per assist

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Schland is making up stats now. We all saw HotHead's stats about games. Shocker Fake news
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:20 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

These figures were provided, I didn't verify them.

I verified Ljungberg's figure though. Assuming EK's figures are right how is another man saying Walcott has a better goal scoring rate than Pires? What kind of maths is he using?

Wiki shows Theo with 65 goals in 264 appearances and Pires with 84 goals in 189 appearances. Dunno if the appearances figure is for starts only or combined sub and starts. Walcott is annihilated using those figures
Last edited by theHotHead on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Last warning for the trolls or there will be consequences
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Kite33 wrote:Last warning for the trolls or there will be consequences

Some mod forgot to log out ;)
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Schland is making up stats now. We all saw HotHead's stats about games. Shocker Fake news

He isn't. Why don't you be an adult and concede you were wrong?
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:47 pm

Zenith wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Schland is making up stats now. We all saw HotHead's stats about games. Shocker Fake news

He isn't. Why don't you be an adult and concede you were wrong?

I was wrong about Theo not having an okay goal scoring record
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club