Re: Theo Walcott announces retirement from football

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: The Walcott situation

Postby Pudpop » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:23 am

This is what happens when you put business above football reasons. Who cares if he's off in the summer? Use him NOW when we need him
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Deep Tech Goon » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:25 am

Pay him what he wants and play him.
Q. Has Ozil produced against big teams for AFC?

A. Did you see that flick vs Hull!???!?
Deep Tech Goon
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:54 am

Tarquinius wrote:Theo's contract talks (judging from the last ones) aren't only about more money; he also wants to play up front and I gather last time wanted this agreed formally before he signed the extension paperwork. His agent has already mentioned Fiorentina being interested in him - typical talk of someone preparing to play hardball.

It's a difficult one, but keeping him on the bench in such a crucial part of the season seems rather extreme.

not really we have nothing to play for except top 4....I say let him rot on the bench
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:58 am

who cares we have Diaby he is like the new Walcott when he comes back lmao
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Tarquinius wrote:Theo's contract talks (judging from the last ones) aren't only about more money; he also wants to play up front and I gather last time wanted this agreed formally before he signed the extension paperwork. His agent has already mentioned Fiorentina being interested in him - typical talk of someone preparing to play hardball.

It's a difficult one, but keeping him on the bench in such a crucial part of the season seems rather extreme.

Sad days for Walcott's negotiating strategy when moving to Fiorentina is considered "leverage". Notnsurenye'd get in ahead of Mohamed Salah these days.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby sweggeh » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:42 pm

Tonight was the most awkward situation yet. Not starting, made to get his strip off and get to the touchline to get subbed in, and then told to sit back down and never be seen again.

Wtf is going on? Is he not signing a new contract and will he leave in the summer? Seems to me thats where this is headed.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 pm

As i said earlier he is off in the summer imho which would be a massive shame.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 pm

I'm not sure what's going on. If he doesn't start against West Ham or Monaco then I think his Arsenal career is over. He's been fully fit for a while now.

It's unfortunate because he's one of my favourites and a real threat, but if we're aiming to bring in someone like Reus or someone of equal calibre then I can have no complaints.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ESFSAFC » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:56 pm

I can understand the club and Wenger's stance on the situation if he really is asking for a pay rise he can leave, his current contract pay is more than fine.

I think what happened was he comes back, scores 3 in 3 starts then asks for the rise and we have the situation we have now.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby sweggeh » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:57 pm

Yeah, if he is demanding money he doesn't really deserve I don't blame the club for moving him on, especially when they can bring in a player like Pedro for a similar wage, who is better.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:15 pm

sweggeh wrote:Yeah, if he is demanding money he doesn't really deserve I don't blame the club for moving him on, especially when they can bring in a player like Pedro for a similar wage, who is better.

Yes but we should still utilize him while he's here.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cripps » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:16 pm

Just hoping he's being saved and then unleashed on Monaco.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:18 pm

Cripps wrote:Just hoping he's being saved and then unleashed on Monaco.

If that is the case he's being saved longer than a f***ing nun.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby sweggeh » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
sweggeh wrote:Yeah, if he is demanding money he doesn't really deserve I don't blame the club for moving him on, especially when they can bring in a player like Pedro for a similar wage, who is better.

Yes but we should still utilize him while he's here.

True, but Ramsey was the right choice to bring on today, as was Giroud who could help out on set pieces. We already had Sanchez and Ozil to try to start counters.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:27 pm

sweggeh wrote:
True, but Ramsey was the right choice to bring on today, as was Giroud who could help out on set pieces. We already had Sanchez and Ozil to try to start counters.

It worked so I have no complaints but I would've brought Walcott on instead of Giroud. United down to 10 men and searching for an equalizer? Theo would've been fantastic as an outlet/counter attacking threat.

Anyway, all is well that ends well, I'm just disappointed that he is being frozen out of the club.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club