Re: Theo Walcott announces retirement from football

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: The Walcott situation

Postby JordanTheGunner » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:09 pm

Walcott will be drafted into the team eventually, this is all part of the rehabilitation.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Walcott14 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Wenger admited that Walcott's contract extension is the hardest in squad. At least not playing much after such a long lay off is good.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Newman123 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:12 pm

I reckon he's not gonna be starting another match and will be sold. I really like him and hope he does well wherever he goes.
Newman123
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Not even getting a sub appearance raises eye brows..
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:42 pm

I think Wenger has had enough of him....Imagine Walcott coming to you and asking for huge wage when he just got one and talk about ambition. Bitch you can barely control the ball and you have no football intelligence and you want to talk about ambition?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:It is so inexplicable I think it may in fact be down to his contract situation - I remember he was similarly benched back in 2012 due to negotiations.

The fact United's bastard child is preferred to Walcott is unjustifiable in terms of football reasons so it must be something else.

I was thinking the same thing. The contract or physically, he isnt as ready as would be ideal. ie Sturridge/Aguero situations.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby D23 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:26 am

Sell

Injury prone, average technique and overpaid.
D23
Banned

Postby Walcott14 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:56 am

We are becoming more of a counter attacking team now. Why sell our best player in that?. He is injury prone, but that is not good enough reason to sell. Most of our players are injury prone. Walcott is second best winger we have after Alexis. Wele is overrated. Technically inept and lacks purpose in his game regardless of where he is played. Chamberlain is a world class potential and much more ahead of Wele. The only reason Walcott is better than him is experience(goals and asissts).
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Vinny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Think his lack of game time is more to do with Caz and Ozil playing at the moment.
To my mind you can't play all 3 as they collectively don't give us balance.
Hopefully Ramsey comes back stronger than ever and Coq's mashed nose does not hinder him.
With the 2 of them playing can see Walcott getting more game time.
Important player for us.
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:35 pm

Vinny wrote:Think his lack of game time is more to do with Caz and Ozil playing at the moment.
Hopefully Ramsey comes back stronger than ever and Coq's mashed nose does not hinder him.
Important player for us.

Of course you can, if we could get Walcott to track back more then we could definitely play all 3. Cazorla has evidently dropped further back with age and now wants to play DLP, a position that Wilshere plays. We can cope with playing a DM next to a DLP with a AM infront and 2 wingers.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:38 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:
Vinny wrote:Think his lack of game time is more to do with Caz and Ozil playing at the moment.
Important player for us.

Of course you can, if we could get Walcott to track back more then we could definitely play all 3. Cazorla has evidently dropped further back with age and now wants to play DLP, a position that Wilshere plays. We can cope with playing a DM next to a DLP with a AM infront and 2 wingers.

Hopefully this happens to QPR.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Vinny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:38 pm

If we can get Walcott to track back more.
If we could teach him how to tackle.
If Caz curbs his instinct to take risks.
I agree with your last sentence Jordan, but don't think the personnel mentioned suit it, too many ifs for me.
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Walcott14 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:19 pm

The situation is bringing back memories from 2 years ago, the notorious Sign Da Ting saga, liverpool rumours etc.. Hopefully this does not end in tragic. Walcott(1), Wilshere(2), Giroud and Bellerin are my favorite players in the squad. :pray:
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Danskin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:35 pm

The thing is, Walcott was far more important during that period than he's at the moment. RVP, Nasri and Fabregas had left in previous seasons and if we had let Walcott leave, it would be too much as he was our most important player at that time. As a result, Walcott and his agent were in a far better position to negotiate. At the moment is a different matter, but I hope that he stays.
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Walcott14 wrote:The situation is bringing back memories from 2 years ago, the notorious Sign Da Ting saga, liverpool rumours etc.. Hopefully this does not end in tragic. Walcott(1), Wilshere(2), Giroud and Bellerin are my favorite players in the squad. :pray:

Interesting list of favourites tbh
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club