Re: Theo Walcott announces retirement from football

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Theo Walcott (14)

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 pm

We play two either wingers or CAM's behind the striker ......... again, apart from Ozil, we have an empty space where Sanchez used to be and have Iwobi or Welbeck if Wally goes.

Who else is an offensive player that can go in the 2nd spot plus a back up.

If you say Wilshere I'll hunt you down and beat you with dildo, if you say Lacazette with Giroud up front then you'd better just call the cops now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:We play two either wingers or CAM's behind the striker ......... again, apart from Ozil, we have an empty space where Sanchez used to be and have Iwobi or Welbeck if Wally goes.

If you say Wilshere I'll hunt you down and beat you with dildo, if you say Lacazette with Giroud up front then you'd better just call the cops now.

Ramsey? :hiding:

If Santi was fit, him and Ozil behind Lacazette......... imagine.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:17 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:We play two either wingers or CAM's behind the striker ......... again, apart from Ozil, we have an empty space where Sanchez used to be and have Iwobi or Welbeck if Wally goes.

But Santi's not and never will be fit again and the best you can come up with is Ramsey ...........

Aaron fkin Ramsey in the position of either a pacey goal scoring winger or a silky smooth creative player of which we already have in Ozil?

Step into my office ...............
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

But Santi's not and never will be fit again and the best you can come up with is Ramsey ...........

Aaron fkin Ramsey in the position of either a pacey goal scoring winger or a silky smooth creative player of which we already have in Ozil?

Step into my office ...........

We could resign Arshavin? :hiding:

Ox? Iwobi? Gibbs?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:21 am

Great season!

This is one of those times in life GA where you should of kept your ideas to yourself.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:29 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Great season!

This is one of those times in life GA where you should of kept your ideas to yourself.

Emailing them to Wenger. Last time, he took my advice about persisting with Giroud and starting Ramsey on the right
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:55 am

Theo knows his place ... the wheelie bin ... but Wonger loves him and he's way to overpaid for anyone else to be interested .... our season is already looking to be hanging on Alexis .... he leaves and we're left with the same group of average midfield talent who all want to be attacking players, but who all have piss-poor goal scoring records ....
Theo striker? 70 EPL goals in a decade says no ....
Ramsey? Ozil? Ox? Wilshere? Iwobi? all about as deadly as a fluffy bunny .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:02 am

Theo has scored a 100 goals

Stop with the picking and choosing of what goal counts or not lol

They all do. It makes you look rather foolish and petty cos you know 100 goals sounds a lot better than 70 and wouldn't back up your hatred for the guy as much

Hes scored a 100 goals. Scored 19 of those last season. Don't really care whether people rate him or not, that's a good total in anyones book.

You must have hated Freddie and Pires
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:52 am

Cripps wrote:Theo has scored a 100 goals

They all do. It makes you look rather foolish and petty cos you know 100 goals sounds a lot better than 70 and wouldn't back up your hatred for the guy as much

Hes scored a 100 goals. Scored 19 of those last season. Don't really care whether people rate him or not, that's a good total in anyones book.

I like to compare Apples and Apples .... you like to use the best numbers possible .... besides us two I doubt anyone else gives a feck ....

The fact is 70 EPL goals or 100 total goals is still a very average return over 10 years .... top AM's will do that in five years or less ....

If you think Theo is the calibre of player who will win us trophies the EPL or CL then why hasn't he done that in the last decade?

Theo scoring 100 goals for Arsenal is a fine achievement .... Theo being part of an attacking 2/3 capable of scoring 60 goals a season? ... it hasn't happened in a decade and it won't happen now .... Theo is 2nd tier quality not EPL or CL winning quality .... to many 2nd tier players, that remains our problem as long as we keep the deadwood, it's very obvious that it's been our problem for the last decade ..... you must see that ....

The test with any starting player is 'would he walk into our rivals team' ... with Theo / Ramsey / Ox / Wilshere we all know the answer to that one ... to win titles we need better players than our rivals, not just ones who've done an average job for a very long time .....

Yup I admit it Theo is my personal pet hate ... to me he's synonymous with everything that's wrong with Arsene's management and our club's lack of ambition ... he's good but not good enough .... best finish will always be top four and last sixteen .... we need winners not just good earners, Theo is not and never will be a winner ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:57 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Cripps wrote:Theo has scored a 100 goals

I like to compare Apples and Apples .... you like to use the best numbers possible .... besides us two I doubt anyone else gives a feck ....

The fact is 70 EPL goals or 100 total goals is still a very average return over 10 years .... top AM's will do that in five years or less ....

Hazard has scored 72 goals for Chelsea in 5 years.

Obvisouly he is light years ahead of Walcott, just saying Theo's goal return isn't that bad.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zenith » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:05 am

@EliteKiller - his goal return on its own is fine and not the real issue.

@Cripps
Other than being quick and a decent finisher, Theo—born offside—has the passing of a League One player, the technical ability of a mid table full back and the footballing brain of Lee Cattermole. Yes that is hyperbole and should not be taken literally.

What isn't hyperbole and the stone-cold reality is that neither Freddie, nor Bobby used to get carried by their team the way Theo has during his time at Arsenal; they took the game by the scruff of the neck and could actually play football in addition rounding off a chance from inside the box. Whether it was picking a peach of a pass, beating their man, or even merking the keeper out of nowhere.

Theo, however, just has his pace and poaching ability, but contrary to Ljunberg and Pires has a well-documented habit of disappearing during games. To the frustration of many he's responsible for giving the impression the team is playing with 10 men—which is almost true considering he's almost a certified dead end whenever we're trying to create a gap against a side that's happy to sit deep. In these particular instance he becomes largely anonymous and ineffective because knows very well he hasn't got the skill set or the wit to beat his man in congested areas.

Comparing Theo to Ljungberg and Pires ffs. Behave.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Cripps » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:29 am

Xhaka and Santi are lauded on here for sideways and backwards passes

Give me Theos end product over pointless passing every single time.

Give him a decent striker like I don't know RVP he will get assists and goals as proven. Give him Giroud? Need I say more?

And this footballing brain or lack of about Theo all started when Hansen said it on MOTD and that was done and dusted when he made a grovelling apology and was forced in to retirement

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 08074.html

Unfortunately the footballing brain thing has stuck with haters who do not understand the concept of football. Its a simple one. Score more goals than the other team. Now passing pointlessly and running around aimlessly (working hard, hi Welbeck) is all good and well. We'd all take goals over that? Yes? Am I wrong? Please tell me if I am.

EK blaming Theo for us being so shit in the league and CL comes from his hatred which he just admitted so no point talking to him about Theo anymore. Hes rarely if ever been right in this topic.

As ive always said, find me a winger who gets as good as numbers as Theo and whos available then by all means get him. Sell Theo. I don't give a shit about passing, keeping possession whatever, since when are wingers judged on that? Maybe Pires and Freddie were the wrong players, I should've said Overmars. Now he must be hated on here.

And btw I don't for a second think Theo is better than any of them. I watched these players play when many on here were still in nappies and loved them all. Overmars from his Ajax days.

The hate Theo gets on here is hilariously funny and ridiculous and has been shot down by myself and others many a time. Agendas galore on here. We've had people say Nelson is better. Who the f**k is Nelson?

To reiterate, the criticism of Theo is baseless and boring. Ask GA how he got ripped apart end of 15/16 season cos of this jumping over the tackle malarkey, ask him about his logic he used and got ripped apart on. Ask MO11 or whatever he is called these days how many name changes hes undertaken to try and save the humiliation he has faced, most on Theo. All this boring criticism comes from people who don't understand the game. I laugh at them and when I deem it necessary and I shut them down.

I haven't even mentioned Gooneys hatred ffs

Like I said, baseless and boring. Why don't we criticise other players for something that's not their job? I don't know for example, Cech is shit cos he doesn't score. Um Alexis is shit cos hes a shit keeper. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Damn right it is. Put the theo criticism in the same bracket.

And just cos there are a lot of posters on here who don't like Theo doesn't make them right. Like I said, Agendasweb is a good name for this thread
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:44 am

Cripps wrote:Xhaka and Santi are lauded on here for sideways and backwards passes

Give me Theos end product over pointless passing every single time.

Give him a decent striker like I don't know RVP he will get assists and goals as proven. Give him Giroud? Need I say more?

And this footballing brain or lack of about Theo all started when Hansen said it on MOTD and that was done and dusted when he made a grovelling apology and was forced in to retirement

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 08074.html

Unfortunately the footballing brain thing has stuck with haters who do not understand the concept of football. Its a simple one. Score more goals than the other team. Now passing pointlessly and running around aimlessly (working hard, hi Welbeck) is all good and well. We'd all take goals over that? Yes? Am I wrong? Please tell me if I am.

EK blaming Theo for us being so shit in the league and CL comes from his hatred which he just admitted so no point talking to him about Theo anymore. Hes rarely if ever been right in this topic.

As ive always said, find me a winger who gets as good as numbers as Theo and whos available then by all means get him. Sell Theo. I don't give a shit about passing, keeping possession whatever, since when are wingers judged on that? Maybe Pires and Freddie were the wrong players, I should've said Overmars. Now he must be hated on here.

And btw I don't for a second think Theo is better than any of them. I watched these players play when many on here were still in nappies and loved them all. Overmars from his Ajax days.

The hate Theo gets on here is hilariously funny and ridiculous and has been shot down by myself and others many a time. Agendas galore on here. We've had people say Nelson is better. Who the f**k is Nelson?

To reiterate, the criticism of Theo is baseless and boring. Ask GA how he got ripped apart end of 15/16 season cos of this jumping over the tackle malarkey, ask him about his logic he used and got ripped apart on. Ask MO11 or whatever he is called these days how many name changes hes undertaken to try and save the humiliation he has faced, most on Theo. All this boring criticism comes from people who don't understand the game. I laugh at them and when I deem it necessary and I shut them down.

I haven't even mentioned Gooneys hatred ffs

Like I said, baseless and boring. Why don't we criticise other players for something that's not their job? I don't know for example, Cech is shit cos he doesn't score. Um Alexis is shit cos hes a shit keeper. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Damn right it is. Put the theo criticism in the same bracket.

And just cos there are a lot of posters on here who don't like Theo doesn't make them right. Like I said, Agendasweb is a good name for this thread

the fact that you would take theo walcott over someone like cazorla says so much about you. Thats criminal imo and the fact that you cant see the different things they bring to the team and which one has more value proves my point once again. You are the least knowledgeable football fan in UK
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:56 am

Santi going down was the main reason our midfield collpased in past two seasons.

He links up very well with Alexis and Ozil. Without him it just turns mainly into a two man attack.

Santi is the link between those two and our midfield and attack. Him and Ozil keep our attack flowing smoothly.

Santi is not going to score but him operating in midifeld helps our creators create and our attackers score.

He is also one of the few players on this team that can dribble out of traps and get by players. That's the other big reason our team struggles. We just done have enough people that can do that and so when under pressure, we panic and lose possession.

I don't understand how anyone can rate Theo over Santi.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby MesutOzil11 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:19 am

Oh dear oh dear.

Another nothing post from our Cripps, just a chance to have a pop at members for telling it how it is.

I'm scrolling through the post and there's not one strong point that can be replied too. Very weak. Atleast when Hothead replies he comes up with some sort of debate.

Quite embarrassing to read loool
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club