Chavs, Making us proud since 1905

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Chavs, Making us proud since 1905

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:36 am

I do find it interesting that they are being tried under English law when the alleged crime occurred in a foreign country with a different legal system.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StokeFan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:06 am

Royal Gooner wrote:I do find it interesting that they are being tried under English law when the alleged crime occurred in a foreign country with a different legal system.

I think because France is in the EU, they can be legally tried in England. I don't know the ins and outs though.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:56 pm

StokeFan wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:I do find it interesting that they are being tried under English law when the alleged crime occurred in a foreign country with a different legal system.

I think because France is in the EU, they can be legally tried in England. I don't know the ins and outs though.

Last time I checked the EU is not a nation (yet) and each nation has different legal systems so I don't know if that is necessarily correct. The issue I have is that the alleged offence occurred somewhere outside of the English court's jurisdiction yet it looks to me, like they are being tried as if they had committed the alleged offence on the Underground and not the Paris metro.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jackson » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:37 pm

The French don't want them stinking out their courts and they'd be crying 'dirty foreigners don't like us and won't give us a fair trial'.
And here's to you Mathieu Flamini
Arsene loves you more than you will ever know (wo, wo, wo, wo)
Jackson
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:42 pm

Cripps wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33622106

Fair or not?

Seems fair to me. In a worse crowd it could have incited violence. Deserve what they got, gives em some extra time to think.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StokeFan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:38 am

Definitely think a ban was correct in this situation. At the end of the day, their argument of "he was being aggressive" went right out the window when they started chanting "we're racist, we're racist, and that's the way we like it". If they hadn't started chanting that, they could have easily put forward a case for the train being too full and him trying to push his way on. After all, the footage shows that he is trying to push his way on. However, as soon as that chant happened it becomes almost impossible to argue that there wasn't some racial motivation behind it.

That said, I don't know what to think of Souleymane Sylla anymore. I totally understand him suing both them and the football club, after all, he was racially discriminated against and that's not on. However, I do feel like he's been over egging the pudding in his interviews. You know, all this shit about PTSD and struggling to sleep at nights, waking up in cold sweats, having to see a psychiatrist everyday and having to leave work because he has flashbacks which prevent him doing his job. I mean, not being funny but combat veterans get PTSD after seeing their friends blown into pieces. He was pushed off a train and he openly admitted after the event that he wasn't aware that anything had even happened. In the immediate aftermath he stated that he wasn't aware they were football fans, or that they were English and was totally unaware that they were chanting anything racist at all. He seemed to suggest that what had happened went over his head and he simply caught the next train. His reaction is very delayed and came after the release of the video.

He experienced something which I imagine he's experienced countless times before, sadly, as it is still the world we live in. His interviews though, I feel have become slightly disingenuous to me.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Zedie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:04 am

StokeFan wrote:Definitely think a ban was correct in this situation. At the end of the day, their argument of "he was being aggressive" went right out the window when they started chanting "we're racist, we're racist, and that's the way we like it". If they hadn't started chanting that, they could have easily put forward a case for the train being too full and him trying to push his way on. After all, the footage shows that he is trying to push his way on. However, as soon as that chant happened it becomes almost impossible to argue that there wasn't some racial motivation behind it.

That said, I don't know what to think of Souleymane Sylla anymore. I totally understand him suing both them and the football club, after all, he was racially discriminated against and that's not on. However, I do feel like he's been over egging the pudding in his interviews. You know, all this shit about PTSD and struggling to sleep at nights, waking up in cold sweats, having to see a psychiatrist everyday and having to leave work because he has flashbacks which prevent him doing his job. I mean, not being funny but combat veterans get PTSD after seeing their friends blown into pieces. He was pushed off a train and he openly admitted after the event that he wasn't aware that anything had even happened. In the immediate aftermath he stated that he wasn't aware they were football fans, or that they were English and was totally unaware that they were chanting anything racist at all. He seemed to suggest that what had happened went over his head and he simply caught the next train. His reaction is very delayed and came after the release of the video.

He experienced something which I imagine he's experienced countless times before, sadly, as it is still the world we live in. His interviews though, I feel have become slightly disingenuous to me.

A few points:

I would have preferred a lifetime ban from the club, but I suppose that these people being exposed in the press is pretty heavy as it is. At least they were outed, which is the main thing.

Regarding the victim - hadnt heard all of this before hand, lol if true. Human nature at its finest, some people aren't happy enough that justice is done, they need to get paid too.

Tbf, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to make big money quick before it all gets old real quick. Not really surprised he's egging it, many would do the same (we probably only hear a fraction of the shitty claims that happen across the country every day from chances out to make a quick buck).

What I will say for the victim, is that it must be pretty weird just going home from work one day, then next day seeing a video of yourself blowing up around the world. I dare say he's had a lot of attention over it and it must be f***ing strange to adjust to.

Also, just because you may not understand what's happening to you at the time, doesn't mean the feelings you have about something are any less strong when you find out what really happened.

Ie I dare say finding out a 18 that you were adopted when you were a kid must bring up a shit load of emotion for anyone to deal with, even if it doesn't change the love your adoptive parents have for you. (obvs not comparing it to that, I'm sure you know what I'm getting at!).
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:56 am

Zedie wrote:
StokeFan wrote:Definitely think a ban was correct in this situation. At the end of the day, their argument of "he was being aggressive" went right out the window when they started chanting "we're racist, we're racist, and that's the way we like it". If they hadn't started chanting that, they could have easily put forward a case for the train being too full and him trying to push his way on. After all, the footage shows that he is trying to push his way on. However, as soon as that chant happened it becomes almost impossible to argue that there wasn't some racial motivation behind it.

A few points:

I would have preferred a lifetime ban from the club, but I suppose that these people being exposed in the press is pretty heavy as it is. At least they were outed, which is the main thing.

Regarding the victim - hadnt heard all of this before hand, lol if true. Human nature at its finest, some people aren't happy enough that justice is done, they need to get paid too.

Tbf, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to make big money quick before it all gets old real quick. Not really surprised he's egging it, many would do the same (we probably only hear a fraction of the shitty claims that happen across the country every day from chances out to make a quick buck).

What I will say for the victim, is that it must be pretty weird just going home from work one day, then next day seeing a video of yourself blowing up around the world. I dare say he's had a lot of attention over it and it must be f***ing strange to adjust to.

Also, just because you may not understand what's happening to you at the time, doesn't mean the feelings you have about something are any less strong when you find out what really happened.

Ie I dare say finding out a 18 that you were adopted when you were a kid must bring up a shit load of emotion for anyone to deal with, even if it doesn't change the love your adoptive parents have for you. (obvs not comparing it to that, I'm sure you know what I'm getting at!).

I don't really have a problem with him trying to get a few quid out of it. In fact, a decent lawsuit with some actual money leaving football might push other clubs to take racism seriously. I think racism on the pitch has all but gone, but in the stands, it's very much still present and some of the London clubs are the worst for it!!

While I think your points are valid, it doesn't explain his (over) reaction. I would totally understand 'strong feelings' because once he found out what happened, he will ultimately feel wronged. PTSD is caused by distressing events that are experienced in first-person, such as car accidents, rape and seeing your friends blown to pieces. He fully and openly admitted in the initial aftermath that he was not distressed by the situation and simply caught the next train. He probably thought (in French) "f***ing ze W****rs won't let me on ze train, tosseeeerzzzzz" and then went on bloody Angry Birds on his phone. His anger appeared retrospectively, as it would for anyone when they find out they've been wronged. PTSD isn't something you can retrospectively develop. You cannot experience PTSD after a second-hand experience of something. He wasn't distressed at the time, therefore I just don't see how he can be suffering from PTSD and that is where my sympathy begins to wane.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Dubs4Sam » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:12 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

Last time I checked the EU is not a nation (yet) and each nation has different legal systems so I don't know if that is necessarily correct. The issue I have is that the alleged offence occurred somewhere outside of the English court's jurisdiction yet it looks to me, like they are being tried as if they had committed the alleged offence on the Underground and not the Paris metro.

Can they not be trialed under the Football Hooligan Act (maybe not the right name) - which has a broad range of clauses including on soil outside the UK if there is evidence - that is one of the reason the Met travel with English fans not only to spot banned hooligans I understood.

Anyway good result for Football and imagine of the Premier League and UK as a whole.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:57 am

Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:19 am

Cripps wrote:http://tellmamauk.org/chelsea-football-fans-assault-muslim-female-on-saturday-after-arsenal-chelsea-match/

Sounds like Chelsea fans

Living up to their stellar reputation as always.

Neanderthals.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StokeFan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:24 am

Severe enough to require painkillers? I can't tell if that is meant to be a joke or not. Must have been hit with a plastic cup.

Idiot's in all fanbases, including yours.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Sims » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:18 pm

More so in Chelsea's considering their national front heritage
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby StokeFan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Sims wrote:More so in Chelsea's considering their national front heritage

Really? What does that even mean? Their national front heritage? There are NF idiot's all over the country. On another Arsenal forum, they talk openly about 'Jihadi' supporters called Akbar Arsenal or some shit. Aren't they equally moronic?
StokeFan
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football