Chavs, Making us proud since 1905

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Chavs, Making us proud since 1905

Postby whee » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
whee wrote:How do I know it's a minority of Chelsea fans? The same reason I know all Muslims aren't radical extremists, the same reason I know all Liverpool fans aren't thieves and the seame reason I know all Spurs fans aren't ****.

Actually, the last one isn't a good example.

Common sense, logic, and maths.

I know what you mean but if I said to you take 200 Chelsea fans, you cannot state to me that only a minority of them are racist because the fact is you don't know/

It could well be a majority, its not like we'd be asking members of Green peace is it.

If it was something ridiculous I'd agree with you but in this case the fact that a good portion of their fan base could very well be racist I don't think we are qualified to make blanket statements of their innocence if you get what I mean.

I was never on about taking a number of them, I'm on about taking the 40,000 that sit at the Bridge every week, and the millions of supporters they have around the globe. It's a minority that are racist, based on logic and maths.

There may be a larger element of Chelsea fans that are racist compared to other clubs, but that still shouldn't be held negatively against the rest of their support.

Anyway, my message ultimately was "let's not generalise," even though we know they have a huge number of bellends amongst their fan base :rofll:
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:21 pm

StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
whee wrote:How do I know it's a minority of Chelsea fans? The same reason I know all Muslims aren't radical extremists, the same reason I know all Liverpool fans aren't thieves and the seame reason I know all Spurs fans aren't ****.

I know what you mean but if I said to you take 200 Chelsea fans, you cannot state to me that only a minority of them are racist because the fact is you don't know/

It could well be a majority, its not like we'd be asking members of Green peace is it.

If it was something ridiculous I'd agree with you but in this case the fact that a good portion of their fan base could very well be racist I don't think we are qualified to make blanket statements of their innocence if you get what I mean.

Then you shouldn't be allowed to make blanket statements of that guilt either.

But when there is evidence suggesting its more "prevalent" which is exactly what UFGN said then you can make that assumption especially when you have John Terry and those guys on the train as examples.

No one made a blanket statement of guilt, prevalent just means it occurs more often than elsewhere which is a fair comment.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Then you shouldn't be allowed to make blanket statements of that guilt either.

But when there is evidence suggesting its more "prevalent" which is exactly what UFGN said then you can make that assumption especially when you have John Terry and those guys on the train as examples.

No one made a blanket statement of guilt, prevalent just means it occurs more often than elsewhere which is a fair comment.

I think that is a hard judgement to make though, that it happens more often than elsewhere. Unless you've been every where else all the time I don't see how you can make that call and it very much is a blanket statement, cause you're still just assuming.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:30 pm

I would say we have at least two Chelsea incidents compared to none at Arsenal.

Prevalent on grounds of actual reported incidents, that is not an assumption.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Sims wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:So were Leeds back in the day but as much as I hate them and call them a lot of things, racist isn't one if them.

Their history suggest otherwise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ville.html

Back in the 80s, their current captain has also been charged with racist abuse. Chelsea have always been like this and it's shown nowadays that they still are like it. The Shed End is till full of old headhunters/National Front who use football as a vent for their extremist views.

Maybe it's a London thing, cause pretty much everyone down here associates racist fans with Chelsea.

That article is about Chelsea in the bad days when it was everywhere, unfortunatly.

what has that got to do with Leeds not being racist anymore or have I missed something?

The article if anything shows how as a Country we have moved on from that.

It's nice to see an article that actually says Ruud Gullit was the first black manager in the top division, they usually skip him and Tigana to make it sound worse.

When paul canoville was getting racist chants from his own supporters in 1982
We were playing Chris Whyte and Raphael Meade
2 years before I was playing for a pub side and training in canonbury
Chris Whyte used to train with us sometimes
He went to the same school as me but was 2 years above
Good lad
Used to have a couple of beers after
Was one of the boys
I can categorically state that by then there was no racist chanting at arsenal
I'm not saying there were no racists how can that be so but the last time I remember rascism at the arsenal was when Garth crooks played for stoke in 1976
I think the fact that the guvner of arsenals firm was a big black guy helped
I went to the london 5 a sides once with work mates who all supported different clubs and some chelsea fans were trying to cause trouble and chelsea were not even in it
They had been banned because of crowd trouble
I would say racism on a grand scale was largely eradicated at arsenal nearly 40 years ago
Last edited by starmandb on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:By the way, don't forget it was only a few years ago some Arsenal fans were singing the 'Your dad washes Elephants song' to Ade away at City.

I was not at eastlands on that day mate so I cannot say
But I remember arsenal fans vehemently saying they were singing his 5 ft 4 his 5ft 4 we've got arshavin f**k adebayor and that was the only song I either heard sung at the emirates
I can't say it didn't happen
There are idiots everywhere but it is frowned upon by the majority
His behaviour that day was disgusting kicking cesc and rvp players who he had shared a dressing room with 3 months before
The running the length of the field was a tad classless but bothers me little in comparison to this
starmandb

Postby Cripps » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:16 pm

Ian Wright. :clap: The legend continues.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:16 am

starmandb wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Sims wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:So were Leeds back in the day but as much as I hate them and call them a lot of things, racist isn't one if them.

Back in the 80s, their current captain has also been charged with racist abuse. Chelsea have always been like this and it's shown nowadays that they still are like it. The Shed End is till full of old headhunters/National Front who use football as a vent for their extremist views.

Maybe it's a London thing, cause pretty much everyone down here associates racist fans with Chelsea.

That article is about Chelsea in the bad days when it was everywhere, unfortunatly.

what has that got to do with Leeds not being racist anymore or have I missed something?

It's nice to see an article that actually says Ruud Gullit was the first black manager in the top division, they usually skip him and Tigana to make it sound worse.

Good lad
Was one of the boys
I'm not saying there were no racists how can that be so but the last time I remember rascism at the arsenal was when Garth crooks played for stoke in 1976
I went to the london 5 a sides once with work mates who all supported different clubs and some chelsea fans were trying to cause trouble and chelsea were not even in it
I would say racism on a grand scale was largely eradicated at arsenal nearly 40 years ago

I am a bit young to have known what it was like but I have read that many black people looking for a team to support in London always came to Arsenal because most of the other team's fans were racists. And when the National Front started their campaign (which Chelsea willingly embraced, that's their real support not the post-2003 batch), The Herd chased them away from Arsenal or so I have been told.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:05 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
whee wrote:
UFGN wrote:
whee wrote:
yadunoe wrote:loool racist faggets

A really constructive post. Also bizarrely ironic.

On the incident, let's condemn those involved, but let's not generalise and ridicule the entire fanbase. This is a minority, and every club has it's element of braindead knuckle-draggers.

I don't agree. There IS something nasty about Chelsea. Casual racism seems to be prevalent. Same with West Ham. Thats my personal experience of a lot of the people I know who support those clubs.

Again, perspective - how many Chelsea/West Ham fans do you actually know? A few? A couple of tens? Hundreds?

It is a minority. It is absolutely absurd to generalise and brandish an entire fanbase 'Racist' on the basis of a video that shows 10-15 toerags behaving ****.

What's absurd is for you to "claim" its a minority when you know fk all to put it bluntly.

How on earth do you know its a minority? have you taken an opinion poll we don't know about or something? have you done a Chelsea fan survey knocking door to door .........no? so how can you state its a minority?

For all you know it could be a majority.

He is going on what he has seen, aka 10-15 chelsea fans (max) going in on some bloke. He hasn't seen every single Chelsea fan/majority of Chelsea fans behaving like that so why would he assume/guess exactly that?

Innocent until proven guilty, you don't start branding thousands of people with some horrible name that's so knee jerk and immature and goes back to what Yorky originally said.

So that's completely contradictory though isn't it.

Him seeing 10-15 Chelsea fans or UFGN knowing some Chels fans and forming a general impression through experience?

Whee claimed only a minority of Chelsea fans are racist, its a completely baseless claim, how does he know if its a minority as opposed to UFGN's view that he feels its more prevalent, how can you claim either one is accurate over the other?

Its hypocritical to claim someones opinion is "absolutely absurd" when your own opinion could be equally absurd.

Whee stated a (baseless) claim, UFGN stated a formed opinion, neither of them have all the facts but one stated an opinion the other stated a "supposed" fact yet the opinion is labeled absurd??

How the hell does that work?

You can't have that mentality in life though.

So I'm supposed to brandish you a murderer because I don't know that you haven't killed someone?

Innocent until proven guilty.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:18 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Sims wrote:

Good lad
Was one of the boys

I am a bit young to have known what it was like but I have read that many black people looking for a team to support in London always came to Arsenal because most of the other team's fans were racists. And when the National Front started their campaign (which Chelsea willingly embraced, that's their real support not the post-2003 batch), The Herd chased them away from Arsenal or so I have been told.

That's true mate
At a time where people selling national front paraphernalia on the high street was quite commen it was given short shrift around the arsenal
starmandb

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I would say we have at least two Chelsea incidents compared to none at Arsenal.

Prevalent on grounds of actual reported incidents, that is not an assumption.

Yes it is, cause it doesn't take into account the ones that weren't reported. It's like rape statistics.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StokeFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:03 pm

There are idiots in every fanbase, including yours. I imagine these muppets make up a fairly small minority of fans and the rest are utterly ashamed of them.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby ESFSAFC » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:53 pm

StokeFan wrote:There are idiots in every fanbase, including yours. I imagine these muppets make up a fairly small minority of fans and the rest are utterly ashamed of them.

These guys go beyond idiots, who in their right minds would every verbally assault a person in a train station... hmm well they didn't say anything racist to Wenger so thats something or push him

But seriously they deserve everything that happens to them, sick of seeing and reading about racism during games. It's 2015, I still don't think the FA or UEFA does anywhere near enough to combat it.

victim of racist Chelsea fans, is going to sue Chelsea FC AND PSG

http://video.eurosport.fr/football/souleymane-s.-je-vais-porter-plainte-contre-chelsea-et-le-psg_vid361692/video.shtml?_ga=1.75567317.1591779155.1416243982

Unsure if it's true but I don't think he has much of a claim and I'm guessing a few lawyers got in his ear. He's entitled to try of course.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:03 pm

^ Chelsea I can understand, but sue PSG on what grounds?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football