Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Olivier Giroud signs for Chelsea

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Santi wrote:I think Giroud is actually a top bloke, from what we can see anyway, really like him outside of the pitch and the way he conducts himself. Cheating on his missus aside.

As for re-signing him....depending on cash he wouldn't be the worst freebie and plan b but his issue is he wants more game time so I don't see it happening. I don't want him starting for us on the regular ever again. I also think Wenger was the one who knew how to use him best, Chelsea haven't got the same production from him even as a sub.

Yes Wenger knew how to use him alright, it was a simple theory, just keep playing him because even a clock is right at least once a day, ergo, keep playing him for 90mins every single game possible and eventually he will score or have enough minutes at the front of a decent Arsenal team to rack up enough goals to pass as a half capable striker.

Although Giroud's 15 or so barren game run for us a few years back stretched even the clock theory to the limit.

He has scored one goal this season and zero goals in the whole of the WC tournament, France made the final ffs, so its not like he didn't have enough games to score.

There is sh*t but then even sh*t has levels, 1 goal for this season is Championship levels of sh*t, I repeat, take the sh*ttest 5 strikers in the prem league and I bet you they all have more than one fkin goal!!

Some of you need to get some self respect quite frankly.

"He can't score but he's a bloody nice bloke, lets sign him up" yeah lets take up valuable wage cap on a non-scoring nice bloke, ffs who's his agent? I want him in charge of my career!!

Man tries to wank off Bellerin when he's helpless being carried out on a stretcher and there are war cries for us to re-sign him, the mans a marketing genius.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:14 pm

He’s not a marketing genius, he’s a genuine good bloke who loved Arsenal

Bar cheating on his missus obvs
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:17 pm

If he went broke his Missus would be the first out the door, good on him, a top guy with a brain.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:49 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:I think Giroud is actually a top bloke, from what we can see anyway, really like him outside of the pitch and the way he conducts himself. Cheating on his missus aside.

As for re-signing him....depending on cash he wouldn't be the worst freebie and plan b but his issue is he wants more game time so I don't see it happening. I don't want him starting for us on the regular ever again. I also think Wenger was the one who knew how to use him best, Chelsea haven't got the same production from him even as a sub.

Yes Wenger knew how to use him alright, it was a simple theory, just keep playing him because even a clock is right at least once a day, ergo, keep playing him for 90mins every single game possible and eventually he will score or have enough minutes at the front of a decent Arsenal team to rack up enough goals to pass as a half capable striker.

Although Giroud's 15 or so barren game run for us a few years back stretched even the clock theory to the limit.

He has scored one goal this season and zero goals in the whole of the WC tournament, France made the final ffs, so its not like he didn't have enough games to score.

There is sh*t but then even sh*t has levels, 1 goal for this season is Championship levels of sh*t, I repeat, take the sh*ttest 5 strikers in the prem league and I bet you they all have more than one fkin goal!!

Some of you need to get some self respect quite frankly.

"He can't score but he's a bloody nice bloke, lets sign him up" yeah lets take up valuable wage cap on a non-scoring nice bloke, ffs who's his agent? I want him in charge of my career!!

Man tries to wank off Bellerin when he's helpless being carried out on a stretcher and there are war cries for us to re-sign him, the mans a marketing genius.

Pretty much this. He's not even good at what he's supposed to be good at. The plan B crap.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jedi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Quality player, would love to have him back as a sub option.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:35 pm

It's no coincidence that Giroud forgot how to score the second he left Arsenal. This dude has been dependent on Ozil, Cazorla and Alexis for service for years.

Goes to show how long he's been coasting at Arsenal, free of any real challenges.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Four goals in 31 appearances for Chelsea

Four goals in one year

Including a World Cup
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Sims wrote:He’s not a marketing genius, he’s a genuine good bloke who loved Arsenal

Didn't know being a genuine good bloke qualifies someone to be our striker at AFC? :think:

This is the problem with our fans, bunch of soppy idol worshipers.

Me I'm more simple ........... talent or GTFO!

UFGN wrote:Four goals in 31 appearances for Chelsea

Four goals in one year

Including a World Cup

.............. and he's a nice guy, don't forget that!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:14 pm

We should deffo sign David Attenborough to play up front

Good bloke. Seems like the kind of guy you could have a bloody good cup of tea with
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Sims » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:18 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:He’s not a marketing genius, he’s a genuine good bloke who loved Arsenal

Didn't know being a genuine good bloke qualifies someone to be our striker at AFC? :think:

This is the problem with our fans, bunch of soppy idol worshipers.

Me I'm more simple ........... talent or GTFO!

never said he should

but would still be a better option than a fit welbeck
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Sad when people have no better argument than 'he's a nice guy'. Thats what we say when we read a sad story about Eboue being broke and needing a job.

Not when we have no money and CF is the one position we don't need reinforcements for.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BS221B » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Sexy Ollie is being missed here.

One of the most underrated and underappreciated striker in Arsenals history. He is one of Wenger's "true sons", always gave his best on field.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 pm

How about the 15 games in 15/16 where he didn't do dick and Leicester ran away with the title?

Not saying Giroud isn't an important part of Arsenal history (anybody in the 100 goal club is) but the best part about him leaving was that we stopped having these conversations where he is made out to be something he isn't.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:43 pm

Worst starting premiership striker for Arsenal.

And judging by his horrid time at Chelsea, probably for them as well although I can't remember who they've had

Glad we got rid
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:35 pm

Who remembers which player Chelsea were considering singing before they opted for Olly?

Show the spoiler
PETER ACTUAL f***ing CROUCH!!

YES, SERIOUSLY!!

....btw he has scored exactly the same amount of goals as Giroud in the same time period from January 2018 to now.

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to World Football