Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Olivier Giroud signs for Chelsea

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:32 am

Since hes left us hes done nothing for Chelsea and nothing for France

Whats there to be bitter about?

Yes France won the World Cup but football is littered with shit players with big trophies. Djimi f***ing Traore won the CL ffs and has a winners medal and he did as much as Giroud did for France

Best comparison is a Frenchman in 1998, Guivarch. Scored nothing but at least he had shots on target and thus provided some threat. Giroud was diabolically shit and just makes me laugh how trolls try to convince themselves more than us that he was the best striker around
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:06 am

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:"Dider Deschamps praises Olivier Giroud for breaking goal drought in France win"

Shame he can't score when it actually matters .......... hence why he was sold.

An entire World Cup competition with zero goals, when it matters he doesn't contribute, bench warmer at Chelsea as well ........... he can't even start over Morata ffs.

Seems other clubs aren't as ridiculous as we were, glad that's all behind us now. :biggrin:

Ach wrote:I did as much for France as he did

We all did Ach .......... we all did.

Wow .... bitter much? .... pretty sure when he looks at his WC medal he won't worry about a couple of sad posters on GW .....

Well actually its quite the opposite.

I'm not bitter I couldn't be any happier that we sold that waste of space, also why is it bitter to be pointing out facts?

Nothing I've stated is false goals wise etc, maybe pointing out facts just sounds bitter to his fanboys?

.............. also yes he can be very happy that his team mates won France the WC, because he didn't contribute any goals, is that bitter or just the truth?

What I do think is sad though is supposed AFC fans jerking off about a Chelsea player more than they do their own current strikers, think you should p*ss off to Chelsea because your a disgrace to the club, same people in here waxing lyrical about a goalless striker are the same ones slagging off Lacazette, you're joke fans imo.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby generalanal » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:25 am

What a goalllllllllllll yesterday :smart: Another winner too. Are there any limits for this guy?
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 am

DiamondGooner wrote: What I do think is sad though is supposed AFC fans jerking off about a Chelsea player more than they do their own current strikers, think you should p*ss off to Chelsea because your a disgrace to the club, same people in here waxing lyrical about a goalless striker are the same ones slagging off Lacazette, you're joke fans imo.

What is truly sad is when fans are blind to players ability .... loyalty is fine but you don't have to be a dick ... you should get yourself on AFTV you'd fit right in ....

Giroud is a top striker with a career record at the very highest level - 485 games 201 goals - 83 Internationals 32 goals ... he might not be a 'world's best' but to call him a waste of space says far more about your limited intellect than it does about him ....

No he wasn't a great success at Arsenal, but the same could be said for pretty much every player we've signed in the last ten years .... that says far more about us than it does about them ....

I hope Giroud never scores for Chelsea again ... doesn't mean I don't recognise his ability ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:00 am

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote: What I do think is sad though is supposed AFC fans jerking off about a Chelsea player more than they do their own current strikers, think you should p*ss off to Chelsea because your a disgrace to the club, same people in here waxing lyrical about a goalless striker are the same ones slagging off Lacazette, you're joke fans imo.

What is truly sad is when fans are blind to players ability .... loyalty is fine but you don't have to be a d*** ... you should get yourself on AFTV you'd fit right in ....

Giroud is a top striker with a career record at the very highest level - 485 games 201 goals - 83 Internationals 32 goals ... he might not be a 'world's best' but to call him a waste of space says far more about your limited intellect than it does about him ....

No he wasn't a great success at Arsenal, but the same could be said for pretty much every player we've signed in the last ten years .... that says far more about us than it does about them ....

I hope Giroud never scores for Chelsea again ... doesn't mean I don't recognise his ability ...

Good post. :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 am

generalanal wrote:What a goalllllllllllll yesterday :smart: Another winner too. Are there any limits for this guy?

Scoring at a World Cup?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby generalanal » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:12 am

Ach wrote:
generalanal wrote:What a goalllllllllllll yesterday :smart: Another winner too. Are there any limits for this guy?

Scoring at a World Cup?

his presence alone was enough. you see how quality he is
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:22 am

generalanal wrote:
Ach wrote:

Scoring at a World Cup?

his presence alone was enough. you see how quality he is

About "as quality" as your grammar.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:39 am

He’s not even here anymore why are we talking about him

The only striker at the club who’s worse than him is welbeck
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:07 am

Sims wrote:He’s not even here anymore why are we talking about him

The only striker at the club who’s worse than him is welbeck

People pining for him for the no goals for France in the World Cup and hardly anything for Chelsea form that he's shown since leaving us.

A big miss.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:55 am

Giroud has a pretty remarkable international record. He’s scored 32 goals in 84 games which is a very good goals per game ratio. It’s more remarkable when you think he only debuted at 25 years of age and prior to that was playing in the second division. He’s now the fourth highest goal scorer in French football history and only two goals away from being third.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:59 am

:rofll:
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:06 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:"Dider Deschamps praises Olivier Giroud for breaking goal drought in France win"

Shame he can't score when it actually matters .......... hence why he was sold.

An entire World Cup competition with zero goals, when it matters he doesn't contribute, bench warmer at Chelsea as well ........... he can't even start over Morata ffs.

Seems other clubs aren't as ridiculous as we were, glad that's all behind us now. :biggrin:

Ach wrote:I did as much for France as he did

We all did Ach .......... we all did.

Wow .... bitter much? .... pretty sure when he looks at his WC medal he won't worry about a couple of sad posters on GW .....

Nothing I've stated is false goals wise etc, maybe pointing out facts just sounds bitter to his fanboys?

.............. also yes he can be very happy that his team mates won France the WC, because he didn't contribute any goals, is that bitter or just the truth?

EK is right. You're bitter.

The fact you're hiding behind stats says it all. Rather than the actual fact that when France dropped him they struggled.

Take a look at the bigger picture for once and take your tinted anti-Giroud glasses off ffs. We all saw what happened.

They put him back in and then it brought the best out of Grizmann and Mbappe. They used Giroud as the focal point of their attack which gave Mbappe and Griez the chance to get in behind defences and cause havoc.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I can't believe this is happening

We finally get rid of the rubbish that held us back and now we have people pining for mediocre ex players

Might go and start a "boo hoo I can't believe Glass Ankles Jack is actually gone" thread
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:50 pm

UFGN wrote:I can't believe this is happening

We finally get rid of the rubbish that held us back and now we have people pining for mediocre ex players

Might go and start a "boo hoo I can't believe Glass Ankles Jack is actually gone" thread

Don’t even get me started about Jack. Fcking outrageous decision.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to World Football