Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Can we get a quick hand for Giroud?

Postby starmandb » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Giroud has now scored against Everton, United, Liverpool and City this season.

Credit to him for shedding his big game hoodoo.

Much prefer him to Welbeck tbh.

Scored twice against Everton in the fa cup last season
Scored and assisted podolski v liverpool the season before
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:13 pm

Keep up the scoring, but less whining and acting like a 6 y/o when you get fouled or even touched please.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Tarquinius » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:10 pm

Hopefully with Debuchy out, the abomination that was on his head when he returned to the squad a few weeks ago will never be seen again.
Tarquinius
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:54 pm

Re the thread title, I would just add that if Giroud does ever need me to give him a quick hand, I would be happy to oblige
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby sweggeh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:59 pm

Giroud is the most underrated striker in the PL.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:04 am

There are fewer out and out CFs coming through these days that don't immediately head to top clubs. Giroud is doing well with tap ins and headers that are coming through from Caz, Alexis and others. That's important....last season he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn but quietly picked up 22 goals. We need that.

Wanted him gone but I realize that what he offers is important to our style of play. He will never be RVP or Henry. But as long as we make serious bids for pacey wingers and midfielders who can score and assist, I don't mind Giroud playing a Benzema type of role for us.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fenice » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:23 am

He's been playing well and also seems to have matured a bit. As said, so long as we have Alexis, Giroud works well for our squad. He's upped his game and some passes have been beautiful. I honestly hated him for quite a while but he has done very well.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:38 am

His biggest improvement is his mentality. He does not let his marker intimidate him anymore. He has made Kompany, Demichelis, Shawcross and Skrtel worked really hard. And he still able to get off them numerous time and scores. Very different from last year.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 am

Fran Solo wrote:His biggest improvement is his mentality. He does not let his marker intimidate him anymore. He has made Kompany, Demichelis, Shawcross and Skrtel worked really hard. And he still able to get off them numerous time and scores. Very different from last year.

Bingo.

Just keep bangin' them in.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:43 pm

always liked OG.

he's a B striker. above average, whose cycle sees him drop to avg or just below, and rise to B+, almost A at times...

he interchanges well, backheels and the like... set up Rambo for the trophy last year... THAT part of his game gets too overlooked, imo
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:48 pm

sweggeh wrote:Giroud is the most underrated striker in the PL.

Not true really. All conversations I have about Giroud with non-Arsenal fans show that they all actually rate him as a striker but know that he has his limitations.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Pudpop wrote:

Not true really. All conversations I have about Giroud with non-Arsenal fans show that they all actually rate him as a striker but know that he has his limitations.

Which is basically what most Arsenal fan actually say or mean anyway. Pretty much every Arsenal fan would be happy with him as plan B but not for starting every game.

He's doing better this season but still ain't good enough and the fact he's been injured so long and that dumb red card means he's only shown it in limited apps. Can he play most games, go through a lull and come back to scoring form like Costa has? Let's see.

Win us the game vs Chelsea in April and I'll love him forever.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ESFSAFC » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:03 pm

He really really isn't. He's rated exactly how he should be as in barely no opposition fans talk about him in build up to matches against us as he's not a threat and can't create for himself. There are so many strikers in this league alone who would be an improvement on Giroud in our system/team.

Fran Solo wrote:His biggest improvement is his mentality. He does not let his marker intimidate him anymore. He has made Kompany, Demichelis, Shawcross and Skrtel worked really hard. And he still able to get off them numerous time and scores. Very different from last year.

What??? He got sent off only 5 games ago for reacting to his marker and could have been sent off against stoke if Shawcross made more of it and the ref noticed.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Denis_E » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Pudpop wrote:

haha, just be glad he's not praising Sanogo again
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Pudpop wrote:

I've found this also!

Although most of my mates are Liverpool and Giroud > every LFC striker.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football