Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Olivier Giroud signs for Chelsea

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Shit in the final too with no hold up play !! So glad we got rid of him.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Congrats to him, no goals but did enough to keep his place. Can call himself a world champion :clap:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:51 pm

theHotHead wrote:Shit in the final too with no hold up play !! So glad we got rid of him.

France are lucky they have Mbappe and Greizman etc bully for them they won the WC with 10 men practically.

I just look at Auba and praise the Gods Giroud is out of this club and is somebody else's problem.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:15 pm

He is never a starter, the team were winning so it makes it not a big deal about his shitness
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Santi wrote:Congrats to him, no goals but did enough to keep his place. Can call himself a world champion :clap:

this
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:16 am

Plays every game and becomes a World Cup winner ..... the GoonersWorld response? 'he's rubbish' .... bet he's in tears ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:16 am

EliteKiller wrote:Plays every game and becomes a World Cup winner ..... the GoonersWorld response? 'he's rubbish' .... bet he's in tears ......

This x100.

"But but but he's a striker and doesn't score goals." Well, not every system is the same. In the French setup, Giroud's primary job is to hold the ball up and lay it off to Mbappe and Griezmann, as well as win aerial duels. He'd do well to finish his chances, but that's secondary in Deschamp's system.

I'm convinced half the forum is slow.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:50 am

Why are some people still obsessed with this guy, he is gone and with a WC medal. :)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:23 am

EliteKiller wrote:Plays every game and becomes a World Cup winner ..... the GoonersWorld response? 'he's rubbish' .... bet he's in tears ......

Goonersworld response was .......... "he hasn't scored a goal the whole competition".

Which is just a fact, but apparently facts irk some people. :think:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby mel4 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:29 pm

He just won the WC nothing else matters for the next few weeks. The coach trusted him, played him, and he helped them win it. No matter how you slice or dice it, he was their #1 CF.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:35 pm

mel4 wrote:He just won the WC nothing else matters for the next few weeks. The coach trusted him, played him, and he helped them win it. No matter how you slice or dice it, he was their #1 CF.

He was our #1 centre forward too

Was shit then, is shit now

The French Peter Crouch
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby mel4 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:17 pm

...and he is about to receive the French national top award

More wins for the lad!

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:40 pm

mel4 wrote:He just won the WC nothing else matters for the next few weeks. The coach trusted him, played him, and he helped them win it. No matter how you slice or dice it, he was their #1 CF.

Did he really help them though? lol

Tournament - FIFA World Cup France
Apps: 6 (1)
Mins: 546
Goals: 0
Assists: 1

One assist for what 7 games?

The stuff of greatness, anyway I'd wish him well but he made my life as an Arsenal fan a misery along with his sugar daddy for 5 years so no, he can do one, he's happy, I'm now happy, its all good.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby mel4 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

The stuff of greatness, anyway I'd wish him well but he made my life as an Arsenal fan a misery along with his sugar daddy for 5 years so no, he can do one, he's happy, I'm now happy, its all good.

To you, he didn't. To Deschamps, the world cup winning player and coach, he did. Deschamps severally stated the importance of Giroud to his team. What you think is your entitlement. I will defer to Deschamps and team that just won on this until further notice, every other rant is thrash!

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:49 pm

mel4 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

To you, he didn't. To Deschamps, the world cup winning player and coach, he did. Deschamps severally stated the importance of Giroud to his team. What you think is your entitlement. I will defer to Deschamps and team that just won on this until further notice, every other rant is thrash!

Deschamp's is defending his pick because he probably feels under pressure to explain it while goal scorers like Lacazette aren't even picked.

Anyway your arguing a point I'm not even making.

Your saying Deschamps has the right as a winner to choose who he wants ........ I'm not arguing, he very much does.

All I said was Giroud hasn't scored and has only made one assist all tournament, you said he'd been of great assistance to France winning the world cup, I was just wondering what an almost blank stat sheet could possibly of been of such great need to the team?

But don't worry you answered it ..............

Apparently the key to France winning the World Cup was that Giroud can stand like a lamp post so Griezman and Mbappe can run around him like cars on a round-a-bout.

Cool, I've got it, I'm sure Griezman and Mbappe along with Frances midfield are forever grateful to the non scoring man island Giroud is.

Its a shame that man island couldn't win us the Premier league in 5 years? I mean if only we knew you need a striker to let people run rings around him then we'd of never of let him go.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football