Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Olivier Giroud signs for Chelsea

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:07 am

Arsene Nose wrote:So then how is he the starting center forward for France going into the semis? Even though they have Laca, Benz and Martial. How is it that he benched Morata and Chelsea aren’t even in the market for a CF?

Laca is not in the squad and the fact of the matter is Dechamp's is lucky he has a good enough squad to cover for having a striker who has scored zero goals!

Giroud hasn't "benched Morata" they are alternating because Chelsea are trying to find out which zero goals guy is better than the other.

As Starmand has pointed out even Welbeck has outscored your boy ......... Danny motherfkin Welbeck!!!!

That is Giroud's level, celebrate him being in the France team contributing nothing, Dechamps is obviously a Wenger MkII, if no goals is your level great, thankfully at AFC we don't have to put up with that sh*t anymore.

Even our 3rd choice has double the amount of goals Le Donkey has .......... Chelsea are welcome to him.

If he were still here Auba would be embarrassing his existence as did Lacazette.

This isn't even a debate ......... just read the stats for 2018 and weep.

Bye Felicia.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:People have lost their f-ING minds. Giroud is the fourth highest goal scorer in French football history. Tied with Zidane and behind Trezeguet (who he will overtake with three more goals), Platini and Henry. His goals to games ratio is only second to Henry. He has a 0.4 ratio which is outstanding no matter who you are.
How can anyone say he’s not prolific for France? What more does this guy have to do?

careful with your facts. they'll die of neglect.

While limited Ollie has his qualities.

nahhhhhhh, nah, nah, na-na-na-naah!! Giroud. Hope he scores a worldy today.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fran Solo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:05 pm

aniym wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
aniym wrote:The NT comparison should be betw Giroud and Laca. Benzema isn't even in the squad and will never come back after the sextape scandal. The French NT is highly politicized too and it's an unspoken rule to have a balance between white, black and Arab players. As such, 'bad boys' like Benzema, Anelka and Nasri eventually get kicked out because they disrupt team harmony.

To his credit, Giroud is a good team player, and he was for us as well. I'm glad to have Laca as a replacement, because unlike the French NT, we do not have insanely talented forwards like Mbappe and Griezemann that can pick up the slack.

As long as Giroud remains effective at headers and makes the right passes/flicks to the better goalscorers in the team, he should absolutely start for France.

Agreed. I would prefer Lacazette as an Arsenal striker, but Giroud might have done better if we have better forwards than Iwobi, Walcott & Welbeck. Sanchez was good in his time here, but I don't think we can say that he is a team player.
Wenger might be wrong and Deschamp might be an idiot, but what about Conte? He used Giroud as the starting CF in the last few months of the season.

Conte is starting Giroud because he has no choice. He chased off Diego Costa in favour of Morata who turned into Chelsea era Torres within months. He also binned Batshuayi for reasons known only to him.

That's what I meant. He actually has other choices before signing Giroud.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:People have lost their f-ING minds. Giroud is the fourth highest goal scorer in French football history. Tied with Zidane and behind Trezeguet (who he will overtake with three more goals), Platini and Henry. His goals to games ratio is only second to Henry. He has a 0.4 ratio which is outstanding no matter who you are.
How can anyone say he’s not prolific for France? What more does this guy have to do?

careful with your facts. they'll die of neglect.

While limited Ollie has his qualities.

nahhhhhhh, nah, nah, na-na-na-naah!! Giroud. Hope he scores a worldy today.

"How can anyone say he’s not prolific for France? What more does this guy have to do?"

Score? ....... at least 1?

ZERO GOALS in 2018, how are those for facts?

Meanwhile ................

H. Kane England 6
Cristiano Ronaldo Portugal 4
R. Lukaku Belgium 4
D. Cheryshev Russia 4
Y. Mina Colombia 3
Diego Costa Spain 3
E. Cavani Uruguay 3
K. Mbappé France 3
A. Griezmann France 3
A. Dzyuba Russia 3

I don't see Giroud on that list? strikers for Peru have out scored him, 0 isn't a hard number to beat I suppose?

When people try to defend the undefendable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:15 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:So then how is he the starting center forward for France going into the semis? Even though they have Laca, Benz and Martial. How is it that he benched Morata and Chelsea aren’t even in the market for a CF?

Laca is not in the squad and the fact of the matter is Dechamp's is lucky he has a good enough squad to cover for having a striker who has scored zero goals!

Giroud hasn't "benched Morata" they are alternating because Chelsea are trying to find out which zero goals guy is better than the other.

As Starmand has pointed out even Welbeck has outscored your boy ......... Danny motherfkin Welbeck!!!!

That is Giroud's level, celebrate him being in the France team contributing nothing, Dechamps is obviously a Wenger MkII, if no goals is your level great, thankfully at AFC we don't have to put up with that sh*t anymore.

Even our 3rd choice has double the amount of goals Le Donkey has .......... Chelsea are welcome to him.

If he were still here Auba would be embarrassing his existence as did Lacazette.

Bye Felicia.

I think hyperbolic statement like this is why some of his fans will always defend him and give him even more and more praises. I don't think I'm his fan and I am really happy because we have Lacazette and Aubameyang instead of him (and Walcott and some others). But calling him shit after all his service for us is just unfair.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Bye Felicia.

I think hyperbolic statement like this is why some of his fans will always defend him and give him even more and more praises. I don't think I'm his fan and I am really happy because we have Lacazette and Aubameyang instead of him (and Walcott and some others). But calling him shit after all his service for us is just unfair.

But that's just it, its not hyperbolic and I didn't call him sh*t.

I just stated the facts, its not my fault the facts read like a "fk u" to Giroud is it?

3 goals for the whole of 2018, none in the WC for France, outscored by Danny Welbeck.

So as you can see I don't need to call him sh*t, the facts speak louder than I can.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:08 am

He's in a World Cup final having played in all six games ... pretty sure that's a good thing for any player .... but maybe that's the mark of a shit player? just ask DiamondGooner he's clearly the football expert ...... NOT
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:10 am

Hes the next Guivarch
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:38 am

Ach wrote:Hes the next Guivarch

He is already a Guivarch.

http://dailycannon.com/2018/07/can-bori ... did-in-98/
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Fourth highest goal scorer in French football history. Tied with Zidane. So shhh

Zidane was a midfielder !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 am

EliteKiller wrote:He's in a World Cup final having played in all six games ... pretty sure that's a good thing for any player .... but maybe that's the mark of a shit player? just ask DiamondGooner he's clearly the football expert ...... NOT

Yeah but thats hardly proof that Giroud is good, just because he played in all the games. It is clear Deschamps has his favourites, managers do strange shit, just look at Low for Germany not taking Sane !!

Giroud has had 1 shot on target more than Jack Wilshere, Danny Welbeck and Yaya Sanogo, this World Cup :rofll: And he has played in EVERY game !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Callum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 am

If Giroud wasn't doing something right, he wouldn't be in the team. Simple as that. France have an abundance of attacking options yet he starts and they've made into the final. Having Giroud as a focal point allows Mbappe and Griezmann more freedom to roam and cause the opposition problems.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 am

theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:He's in a World Cup final having played in all six games ... pretty sure that's a good thing for any player .... but maybe that's the mark of a shit player? just ask DiamondGooner he's clearly the football expert ...... NOT

Yeah but thats hardly proof that Giroud is good, just because he played in all the games. It is clear Deschamps has his favourites, managers do strange shit, just look at Low for Germany not taking Sane !!

Giroud has had 1 shot on target more than Jack Wilshere, Danny Welbeck and Yaya Sanogo, this World Cup :rofll: And he has played in EVERY game !

This. He's been so bad. Deschamps has been lucky he's been carried by Mbappe and griezmann.

The on,y other option is dembele who's even worse lol

Deschamps f***ked up and he knows it. Didn't get away with it 2 years as Giroud stunk the place up and he's praying Mbappe and griezmann can do it one more time in the final.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 am

France is in the WC final, Argentina are out, so using your analogy Giroud is better than Messi?

Exactly .......... that's how stupid your explanation is.

Giroud was our starting ST for 5 years, was that because he was "So good" or was it because we didn't bother to get someone better?

Giroud has beed picked by Deschamps because they both have nice hair, if Dechamps wanted a striker who scores surely it would be common sense to pick a Lacazette who's scored 10 goals over a Giroud who's scored 3 goals this year?

Unless its as Callum states that he acts as a lamp post which allows Mbappe and Griezman to operate around him ............ which is at least a half sensible and plausible explanation compared to the tripe you offered.

.......... again, I never said he was sh*t, I said he hasn't scored a goal.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:04 pm

Did he get a shot on target last night?

I know he had chances and laughably f***ked up all of them. Don't remember the keeper making a save off a shot of his though.

A striker who doesn't score and doesn't even have chances on target. Lol.

I wonder if he's ok with being known as the worst player ever to win the World Cup should it happen. He probably will which is understandable as he would have won the World Cup. But we all saw what happened with guivarch after 1998. Poor guy and he was 10x the player.
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football