Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Olivier Giroud signs for Chelsea

Postby Dejan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Hazard played as a false nine because it was the most logic to do against barca. Any other game either giroud or.morata will play

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Dejan wrote:Hazard played as a false nine because it was the most logic to do against barca. Any other game either giroud or.morata will play

What about today then?
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:34 pm

No clue honestly, conte has lost it

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:54 pm

morata has proven shit, or didnt you see how many chances he blew vs, um, AFC...

wanted to play on oucnter...

they did well... MCity didnt create much at all...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi Giroud lovers
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:09 am

Scored only 1 for Chelsea while Aubamaeyang has 3.

.......... and people say we shouldn't have sold him?

Giroud was also used to the premier league while Auba is only warming up.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:57 am

Why the comparison with auba?

Nobody ever said that giroud should stay and thay we should not sign auba

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Dejan wrote:Why the comparison with auba?

Nobody ever said that giroud should stay and thay we should not sign auba

Because it wouldn't of happened otherwise.

Some people said "just keep Giroud" like that was even a fkin option?

I'm pretty tired of the BS, the real facts are Arsenal would not of held 3 starting strikers ........ those are the facts, Lacazette was never going to be sold so it was Giroud for the chop.

........... also Giroud fan boys make out like Giroud is some great striker that we're going to miss, again I make the comparison because while his lovers were crying about his transfer I said "right lets see how he does at Chelsea then" the results speak for themselves.

He hadn't even outscored Lacazette in his own club since Laca's arrival in easy Europa games, Walcott was doing all the scoring, I'm happy to see the curtain finally dropping that's all.

He was protected and given every chance for 5 years at AFC and his followers lapped it up at our clubs expense the same way Wenger Inns made Wenger untouchable.

I'm not even saying he's terrible, I'm saying we made a God out of an average striker and I'm just glad its finally over.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:06 am

People wanted to keep giroud and get auba because giroud is more different from auba than lacazette is and lacazette so far has not been an improvement on giroud.

You defender lacazette on your life. But it is very likely that giroud will outscore lacazette this season.

And cmon. How was giroud possible to out scorr lacazette earlier? Lacazette had double the games of giroud. Very odd statement to.make.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Dejan wrote:People wanted to keep giroud and get auba because giroud is more different from auba than lacazette is and lacazette so far has not been an improvement on giroud.

You defender lacazette on your life. But it is very likely that giroud will outscore lacazette this season.

And cmon. How was giroud possible to out scorr lacazette earlier? Lacazette had double the games of giroud. Very odd statement to.make.

Lacazette ........ WAS NEVER going to be sold as he'd only been here for half a season for £50m.

How is that hard to comprehend or accept the situation for what it is?

That is not me "defending" Lacazette that is juts pure facts.

As for the goal ratio, I am basing it on goals scored in games for Giroud who was starting in the Europa, he scored like 2 goals in 10 games!! his other goal tally is from subs .......in which he actually out scored himself from sub appearances over him starting Europa games.

Lacazette has the highest goal tally at AFC this season and was on a semi good run before Wenger started chipping away at his confidence.

We need a striker who can perform well when starting in games when Auba is benched, we don't need just a super sub, we have two capable strikers who have good numbers from before they got here.

Also even with Lacazettes injury I don't think Giroud will out score him by end of season, and with a month off its pretty unfair on Laca anyway but I'm still half confident Giroud won't overtake him.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:35 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Lacazette ........ WAS NEVER going to be sold as he'd only been here for half a season for £50m.

How is that hard to comprehend or accept the situation for what it is?

Obviously not. We know that. People that wanted giroud not should were wishfull thinking by hoping afc would give a big f**k you to chelsea. We obviously knew that giroud would of been sold or loaned.

DiamondGooner wrote:As for the goal ratio, I am basing it on goals scored in games for Giroud who was starting in the Europa, he scored like 2 goals in 10 games!!

You know whats worse? Scoring 0 in 11 ;)

DiamondGooner wrote:Lacazette has the highest goal tally at AFC this season

Hardly an achievement with 8 goals.

DiamondGooner wrote: and was on a semi good run before Wenger started chipping away at his confidence.

Wasnt wengers fault. It was his own fault by not performing.

DiamondGooner wrote:
Also even with Lacazettes injury I don't think Giroud will out score him by end of season, and with a month off its pretty unfair on Laca anyway but I'm still half confident Giroud won't overtake him.

This is what i mean. You keep making excuses for lacazette. How is it unfair? Giroud was just a sub and lacazette was starting earlier. That is also unfair to compare but you still did. At the end of the season their total playing time will balance out and then its fair.

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Dejan wrote:
This is what i mean. You keep making excuses for lacazette. How is it unfair? Giroud was just a sub and lacazette was starting earlier. That is also unfair to compare but you still did. At the end of the season their total playing time will balance out and then its fair.

Giroud was NOT just a sub in the Europa or the odd cup game where he played 90mins unlike Laca's 70mins, those are the games I'm judging Giroud on, starting ST against minnows and he managed something like 2 goals in 10 starts, that is pathetic no matter how you try and slice it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby generalanal » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Giroud first season top 4. Lacazette first season far from top 4. This is the difference. His body and mind is too weak for this league
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:37 pm

generalanal wrote:Giroud first season top 4. Lacazette first season far from top 4. This is the difference. His body and mind is too weak for this league

Tell them brother.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:41 pm

generalanal wrote:Giroud first season top 4. Lacazette first season far from top 4. This is the difference. His body and mind is too weak for this league

You know Lacazette has outscored Giroud in their respective first seasons at Arsenal?

Like fish in a barrel.

This is why I'm glad he got sold, certain fans at AFC have wasted way too much time and energy protecting an average striker, why I'll never know.

But I'm relieved its over, now we can move on and cater for PEA and Lacazette because the former can be a top class striker for us and the latter a definite improvement on any 2nd choice we've had here for a long time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football