Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Giroud was an amazing player for us and did nothing wron

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Ach wrote:My memory of giroud is being beaten by Phil Jones to the ball. Giroud running at full pelt. Jones on hands and knees

The only Arsenal player slower than even Arteta. ;)
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:41 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:Giroud is f***ing shit get out of here

theHotHead wrote:Rose tinted glasses. He was average and fell on the floor a lot. His hold up play was shite.

The posters calling for his return are the same shite fans who helped saddle this club with mediocrity which is what got us in trouble in the first place.

The same fans who didn't call time on Wenger's career before it got to rock bottom and we missed out on getting Klopp.

The same fans who back the players we have as idols who wouldn't even get into a Leicester first team.

Some of our fans are truly the biggest jokes in world football, imagine pinning for a striker who can't even get a start for Chelsea and who has scored less than a handful of goals for them.

The same player who had a 10+ game goal drought at the very club he was backed to the hilt by his uncle Wenger.

Not true (in my case) at all. My point was that if Auba was being sold in January he would be a natural fit under Arteta for the remainder of the season. Now it seems Auba is staying and everyone is happy.

How this all devolved into Giroud hate is weird and quite sad really.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:43 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:My memory of giroud is being beaten by Phil Jones to the ball. Giroud running at full pelt. Jones on hands and knees

So would you take Theo over Giroud? :arse fan:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:32 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yes I would, different positions but even as a striker Theo did just as well as Giroud when Wenger tried him out up front, tore Newcastle to pieces.

As for the Giroud hate, usually with everthing I'm measured and apply common sense but with Giroud I hate him with every bone in my body, for some reason he incites an un-typical response from even me.

Mainly due to the fact I hate the type of striker he is and what Wenger "tried" to make him into, that budget Ibrahimovic type striker .......... when I grew up on Wright, Smith, Anelka and Henry ffs.

Then there was Wenger's twisted loyalty to a fault with this guy, he knew he needed better which is why every season he refused to buy a striker but would test out first Podolski, Gervhino then Walcott up front but always even if they did well he'd bring Giroud back.

When he finally bought a decent striker in, with Lacazette probably because we were starting to slip down the ranks as a club he even then benched Laca as he just couldn't upset little Giroud.

The guy even tried to block Mislinslat and Gazidis from buying Auba because he knew with Laca and Auba, Giroud would driven out of the club.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: Olivier Giroud

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:44 pm

Imagine Giroud being our manager....

How would you feel?

That's how it is with most Arsenal fans and Arteta.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Ach wrote:Imagine Giroud being our manager....

How would you feel?

That's how it is with most Arsenal fans and Arteta.

What percentage exactly? Surely you can backup your assertion about our fans views on Arteta.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yes I would, different positions but even as a striker Theo did just as well as Giroud when Wenger tried him out up front, tore Newcastle to pieces.

As for the Giroud hate, usually with everthing I'm measured and apply common sense but with Giroud I hate him with every bone in my body, for some reason he incites an un-typical response from even me.

Mainly due to the fact I hate the type of striker he is and what Wenger "tried" to make him into, that budget Ibrahimovic type striker .......... when I grew up on Wright, Smith, Anelka and Henry ffs.

Then there was Wenger's twisted loyalty to a fault with this guy, he knew he needed better which is why every season he refused to buy a striker but would test out first Podolski, Gervhino then Walcott up front but always even if they did well he'd bring Giroud back.

When he finally bought a decent striker in, with Lacazette probably because we were starting to slip down the ranks as a club he even then benched Laca as he just couldn't upset little Giroud.

The guy even tried to block Mislinslat and Gazidis from buying Auba because he knew with Laca and Auba, Giroud would driven out of the club.

But Theo is fast so would make a better manager than Arteta presumably according to some. :biggrin:

Giroud is gone, Auba staying so perhaps it is simply time to reflect on the 100 plus goals he scored for us...some spectacular.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:48 am

Watching Giroud play as Arsenal's principle striker for five years left me a shell of a man tbh

That c*** is slower than a bus in traffic
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:20 pm

UFGN wrote:Watching Giroud play as Arsenal's principle striker for five years left me a shell of a man tbh

That c*** is slower than a bus in traffic

So that is what is wrong with you? :arse fan:

Sorry, cheap shot. :lipssealed:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 pm

Spurs have also made contact with Chelsea's France striker Olivier Giroud, 33, over a possible move. (90min)

Please let this happen

Has any player flopped at the big 3 London clubs?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:02 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Rockape » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Funnily enough I liked Giroud, despite his deficiencies. However that changed when we were losing at home and he scored an equaliser.....to then spend five mins re-enacting his scorpion kick goal (from a previous game) rather than picking up the ball and getting the winner. Said a lot about him I felt!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:32 pm

I think during his time with us he had the highest number of one touch finishes in the PL.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Ach wrote:
Spurs have also made contact with Chelsea's France striker Olivier Giroud, 33, over a possible move. (90min)

Please let this happen

Has any player flopped at the big 3 London clubs?

Gallas was detestable at Arsenal
Should never have played for the club again after sitting down at Birmingham
Took Wenger 9 months after that to strip him of captaincy after making himself unavailable for a trip to stoke and subsequent public criticism of his team mates
Have time for most that wore the shirt but him and adebayor are exceptions
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:15 pm

Rockape wrote:Funnily enough I liked Giroud, despite his deficiencies. However that changed when we were losing at home and he scored an equaliser.....to then spend five mins re-enacting his scorpion kick goal (from a previous game) rather than picking up the ball and getting the winner. Said a lot about him I felt!

That was at Bournemouth mate when we came from 3 down to draw
Nice ball from xhaka for giroud's goal
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to World Football