FA Cup 2014-15

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: FA Cup 2014-15

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:24 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
Look, I aren't falling out, I know it's hard for you to give Stoke players any credit, and Southampton are like the greatest thing since sliced bread on this forum, it's just incredible to think that they finished only 6 points higher to us. Perhaps it's an FA Conspiracy eh? You shouldn't live on Squawka either, their stats aren't always right buddy. I went to every home game this season and many away... so y'know? :) Cheers.

Stoke didn't sell all their best players before the start of a season
Stoke don't play beautiful football
Southampton haven't broken the leg of any player yet
Southampton haven't had a RB of any team sidelined for the entire season yet

Wow.... just incredible. I'm actually speechless lol.

While we didn't sell our best players, we only spent 3.5 million, the lowest in the league, as opposed to Southampton who spent a whole lot more (54 million), mostly money gained from the inflated prices they sold their players to Liverpool for.
Stoke play decent football. We pass the ball far better than people give us credit for. I really enjoyed Pochettino squirming after Spurs 3-0 loss because he came into the game saying "we know what to expect, physical, long ball", started with 4 massive centre halves as his back four and we passed them off the park that day. It's that kind of ignorance which allows us to thrive "oh go to the Britannia for long ball mayhem". I don't believe players like Arnautovic and Bojan would have signed if they thought we were going to play long ball. So please, keep being ignorant, because perhaps if teams switch on to our current style of play, we might not achieve another top 10. Oh... and we beat Southampton at home, ironically by passing around them as they resorted to diving. Heh. I guess diving is all part of the beautiful game to you ;)
Southampton haven't broken the leg of any player yet? Hmmm. I didn't know a club could break a players leg. Still, there's no such thing as a stupid comment, just stupid people. If I went through the history books, I'm sure I could find a player with a broken leg as a result of a Southampton player...
As for what happened to Debuchy? *Sigh* More of this victim bullshit. Still, it's not like an Arsenal player has never committed a bad foul eh?

As I've said before, he who cast the first stone eh?

If you were speechless, you wouldn't have replied

What was Southampton's net spend? I believe it was a lot less than Stoke.

Southampton play a lot more beautifully than Stoke. This is not to say Stoke play terribly, it is in reference.

Southampton's Player would qualify then

But I'm not talking about Arsenal on the Debuchy thing. I'm comparing it with Southampton

So.... :)

Good comeback, sort of.

Their net spend probably was less than Stoke, although maybe not? I'll have a look. We sold nobody, because we've been getting rid of deadwood from the previous regime and they sold a load and bought a load. So net spend in this case isn't necessarily a fair comparison is it?

Really? Southampton play that much better than us. Fair enough, opinions. I just remember them diving and getting angry because the referee wasn't giving them dubious penalties.... in particular Mane lol, while Fonte was throwing around ridiculously hefty and unnecessary challenges, one nasty tackle on Diouf which seemed to result in him going off. Nobody really moaned about that though.... because y'know? He plays for Stoke :)

Isn't this game near the end of the season though? They really switched off in this period after EL was almost confirmed and CL was unlikely

They got in the EL by default though so never really did it themselves anyway. It was never confirmed as they missed out on the league placings.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ESFSAFC » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:25 pm

It's a huge discredit to just put Mane's hat-trick down as simple gifted, do you hate Mane or something? You have mentioned him a lot.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:28 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:It's a huge discredit to just put Mane's hat-trick down as simple gifted, do you hate Mane or something? You have mentioned him a lot.

Not at all. I think he's overrated, but why would I hate him?
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Good to see it was a Hudderfield player with most goals and assists in the FA Cup. Well done Jon Stead.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:They got in the EL by default though so never really did it themselves anyway. It was never confirmed as they missed out on the league placings.

True, but I think most teams assumed Arsenal would win
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Maradonna » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Arnautovic is an example for kids.
Immensely talented, a physical beast yet because of his attitude he is playing on probably the most awful team in the world.

does not matter how good you are, if you are a c*** as a human being, you are going to end up at Stoke.

and stoke did very well this season, they are playing better football now, but they still are the most awful team in the world.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:Arnautovic is an example for kids.
Immensely talented, a physical beast yet because of his attitude he is playing on probably the most awful team in the world.

does not matter how good you are, if you are a **** as a human being, you are going to end up at Stoke.

and stoke did very well this season, they are playing better football now, but they still are the most awful team in the world.

:rolleyes: :doh:
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Maradonna » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:10 pm

StokeFan wrote:

does not matter how good you are, if you are a **** as a human being, you are going to end up at Stoke.

how many teeth do you have?
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:14 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

All of them, my friend, All of them. :) Any other stereotypes to throw out? There is no point trying to bait/troll me, I have no interest in arguing :) not when that is your best shot.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:14 pm

Oh... I didn't realize you were an American? Cool :D
StokeFan
Banned

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:24 pm

StokeFan wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

All of them, my friend, All of them. :) Any other stereotypes to throw out? There is no point trying to bait/troll me, I have no interest in arguing :) not when that is your best shot.

Did I tell you about my love for Thatcher? :)
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:54 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

Did I tell you about my love for Thatcher? :)

Yeah you mentioned it before :)
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Santi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Of course you have no interest in trolling, you're already meant to be banned :D
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Mesüt wrote:Of course you have no interest in trolling, you're already meant to be banned :D

True ;) then again, wouldn't it be the right time? Stick the knife in and all that?
StokeFan
Banned

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Est83 wrote:https://embed.theguardian.com/embed/video/football/video/2015/jun/01/2015-fa-cup-final-brick-animated-video

Why is walcott yellow instead of brown? :rofll:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football