FA Cup 2014-15

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: FA Cup 2014-15

Postby Fas91 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:23 pm

Diouf is good for a midtable club like Bony, would barely make the bench in a team like Arsenal.
Fas91
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:26 pm

StokeFan wrote:
Look, I aren't falling out, I know it's hard for you to give Stoke players any credit, and Southampton are like the greatest thing since sliced bread on this forum, it's just incredible to think that they finished only 6 points higher to us. Perhaps it's an FA Conspiracy eh? You shouldn't live on Squawka either, their stats aren't always right buddy. I went to every home game this season and many away... so y'know? :) Cheers.

Stoke didn't sell all their best players before the start of a season
Stoke don't play beautiful football
Southampton haven't broken the leg of any player yet
Southampton haven't had a RB of any team sidelined for the entire season yet
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Southampton got found out in the end. City showed how easy it was to beat them and score another with only 9 men. Dropped off from there but still had some decent results at times.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ESFSAFC » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Not looking at Squakwa.

You say I'm showing my ignorance but then go on to agree with everything I said and back up what I said.

Walters had an extended period up front part way through the season (must have been at least 4 or 5 games)

I wouldn't call 4 games an extended period.

Crouch does play in the center but he didn't even start half your games as I pointed out. Majority of Walters game he was the WR, majority of Diouf's games he was CF, Mane didn't play CF once this season, again Striker, Winger. Diouf didn't play anywhere near as many games on the right as he did in the center.

It would be like us comparing Sanchez to Aguero because Sanchez played striker for us maybe 2 times for a half.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:44 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
Look, I aren't falling out, I know it's hard for you to give Stoke players any credit, and Southampton are like the greatest thing since sliced bread on this forum, it's just incredible to think that they finished only 6 points higher to us. Perhaps it's an FA Conspiracy eh? You shouldn't live on Squawka either, their stats aren't always right buddy. I went to every home game this season and many away... so y'know? :) Cheers.

Wow.... just incredible. I'm actually speechless lol.

While we didn't sell our best players, we only spent 3.5 million, the lowest in the league, as opposed to Southampton who spent a whole lot more (54 million), mostly money gained from the inflated prices they sold their players to Liverpool for.
Stoke play decent football. We pass the ball far better than people give us credit for. I really enjoyed Pochettino squirming after Spurs 3-0 loss because he came into the game saying "we know what to expect, physical, long ball", started with 4 massive centre halves as his back four and we passed them off the park that day. It's that kind of ignorance which allows us to thrive "oh go to the Britannia for long ball mayhem". I don't believe players like Arnautovic and Bojan would have signed if they thought we were going to play long ball. So please, keep being ignorant, because perhaps if teams switch on to our current style of play, we might not achieve another top 10. Oh... and we beat Southampton at home, ironically by passing around them as they resorted to diving. Heh. I guess diving is all part of the beautiful game to you ;)
Southampton haven't broken the leg of any player yet? Hmmm. I didn't know a club could break a players leg. Still, there's no such thing as a stupid comment, just stupid people. If I went through the history books, I'm sure I could find a player with a broken leg as a result of a Southampton player...
As for what happened to Debuchy? *Sigh* More of this victim bullshit. Still, it's not like an Arsenal player has never committed a bad foul eh?

As I've said before, he who cast the first stone eh?
StokeFan
Banned

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:47 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:Not looking at Squakwa.

You say I'm showing my ignorance but then go on to agree with everything I said and back up what I said.

Walters had an extended period up front part way through the season (must have been at least 4 or 5 games)

Crouch does play in the center but he didn't even start half your games as I pointed out. Majority of Walters game he was the WR, majority of Diouf's games he was CF, Mane didn't play CF once this season, again Striker, Winger. Diouf didn't play anywhere near as many games on the right as he did in the center.

It would be like us comparing Sanchez to Aguero because Sanchez played striker for us maybe 2 times for a half.

Heh, fair enough. Opinions eh? I'm allowed one... aren't I? The irony is, I never said Diouf should be in the hit list, I said Mane shouldn't. That's all :)
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Cripps » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:48 pm

StokeFan wrote:
Cripps wrote:What did Arnautovic do?

Don't hate Shawcross either. It's all that nasty Ramseys fault for putting his leg there. It's not like Shawcross has previous in injuring players. He's not that type of a player. He's the real victim in all this and Sol Campbell making him cry melted my heart. Arsenal were despicable that day

I aren't going over it again buddy. It's been done to death. Nobody blamed Ramsey at all, certainly no Stoke fans anyway, it's all in your head and ties in with this whole weird victim routine you, and a strange number of Arsenal fans have got going on :think: It's bizarre and kind of worrying. Shawcross really doesn't have a particularly bad reputation for causing injuries, no more than certain Arsenal players in the past anyway, so let's not get into that debate, otherwise I'll have to tell you a story about an Arsenal legend called Peter Storey. What happened was a terrible accident and while I genuinely felt shit for Ramsey, I defended my player, just like you would defend one of yours. I don't believe that any professional would try and injure an opponent, they're not kids mate. As for Sol Campbell making him cry, you really think some jumped up well past it ex-international jumping around like he'd eaten a dirty curry and couldn't find the toilet made him cry? Give me a break buddy. Most players would react like that after seeing that kind of damage. Shawcross had only just turned 22 when he injured Ramsey. He was still a kid and he made a massive f***ing mistake and he knew it, they tears of contrition, not fear because some clown was jumping up and down like a f***ing moron in front of him. Still, I find it ironic that you take humour from Campbell's actions, while he and Cesc jumped around waiving imaginary yellow cards, I seem to remember Glenn Whelan being the only player nursing the injured Ramsey. Guess that's just the caliber of certain individuals eh? Still, we can't all be good people, can we?

I agree with all you said. Ramsey is a right c*** for having his leg broken by an angel and rightfully deserves to be booed every time he plays at your ground. Also how dare the likes of Jeffers and Adebayor get injured from challenges from Shawcross? Disgusting behaviour and I truly believe that arsenal fans turned on Ade that day which led to him leaving the club.

Sol is a big meanie and I understand your dislike for someone who destroyed the Stoke are hard men myth by making on of your own cry and he deserves all the abuse you guys give him.

Fair play to whelan as he clearly felt embarrassed by the act of thuggery by an angel like Shawcross whilst our players understandably angry but wrongly at Shawcross and should have been at Ramsey. I apologise for their actions. It's why we sold Cesc soon after and sol wasn't kept.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:49 pm

StokeFan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

While we didn't sell our best players, we only spent 3.5 million, the lowest in the league, as opposed to Southampton who spent a whole lot more (54 million), mostly money gained from the inflated prices they sold their players to Liverpool for.
Stoke play decent football. We pass the ball far better than people give us credit for. I really enjoyed Pochettino squirming after Spurs 3-0 loss because he came into the game saying "we know what to expect, physical, long ball", started with 4 massive centre halves as his back four and we passed them off the park that day. It's that kind of ignorance which allows us to thrive "oh go to the Britannia for long ball mayhem". I don't believe players like Arnautovic and Bojan would have signed if they thought we were going to play long ball. So please, keep being ignorant, because perhaps if teams switch on to our current style of play, we might not achieve another top 10. Oh... and we beat Southampton at home, ironically by passing around them as they resorted to diving. Heh. I guess diving is all part of the beautiful game to you ;)
Southampton haven't broken the leg of any player yet? Hmmm. I didn't know a club could break a players leg. Still, there's no such thing as a stupid comment, just stupid people. If I went through the history books, I'm sure I could find a player with a broken leg as a result of a Southampton player...
As for what happened to Debuchy? *Sigh* More of this victim bullshit. Still, it's not like an Arsenal player has never committed a bad foul eh?

If you were speechless, you wouldn't have replied

What was Southampton's net spend? I believe it was a lot less than Stoke.

Southampton play a lot more beautifully than Stoke. This is not to say Stoke play terribly, it is in reference.

Southampton's Player would qualify then

But I'm not talking about Arsenal on the Debuchy thing. I'm comparing it with Southampton

So.... :)
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Cripps wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
Cripps wrote:What did Arnautovic do?

Don't hate Shawcross either. It's all that nasty Ramseys fault for putting his leg there. It's not like Shawcross has previous in injuring players. He's not that type of a player. He's the real victim in all this and Sol Campbell making him cry melted my heart. Arsenal were despicable that day

I aren't going over it again buddy. It's been done to death. Nobody blamed Ramsey at all, certainly no Stoke fans anyway, it's all in your head and ties in with this whole weird victim routine you, and a strange number of Arsenal fans have got going on :think: It's bizarre and kind of worrying. Shawcross really doesn't have a particularly bad reputation for causing injuries, no more than certain Arsenal players in the past anyway, so let's not get into that debate, otherwise I'll have to tell you a story about an Arsenal legend called Peter Storey. What happened was a terrible accident and while I genuinely felt shit for Ramsey, I defended my player, just like you would defend one of yours. I don't believe that any professional would try and injure an opponent, they're not kids mate. As for Sol Campbell making him cry, you really think some jumped up well past it ex-international jumping around like he'd eaten a dirty curry and couldn't find the toilet made him cry? Give me a break buddy. Most players would react like that after seeing that kind of damage. Shawcross had only just turned 22 when he injured Ramsey. He was still a kid and he made a massive f***ing mistake and he knew it, they tears of contrition, not fear because some clown was jumping up and down like a f***ing moron in front of him. Still, I find it ironic that you take humour from Campbell's actions, while he and Cesc jumped around waiving imaginary yellow cards, I seem to remember Glenn Whelan being the only player nursing the injured Ramsey. Guess that's just the caliber of certain individuals eh? Still, we can't all be good people, can we?

I agree with all you said. Ramsey is a right **** for having his leg broken by an angel and rightfully deserves to be booed every time he plays at your ground. Also how dare the likes of Jeffers and Adebayor get injured from challenges from Shawcross? Disgusting behaviour and I truly believe that arsenal fans turned on Ade that day which led to him leaving the club.

Sol is a big meanie and I understand your dislike for someone who destroyed the Stoke are hard men myth by making on of your own cry and he deserves all the abuse you guys give him.

Fair play to whelan as he clearly felt embarrassed by the act of thuggery by an angel like Shawcross whilst our players understandably angry but wrongly at Shawcross and should have been at Ramsey. I apologise for their actions. It's why we sold Cesc soon after and sol wasn't kept.

As I said, I don't really want to keep going on about it. I've said before that the only booing Ramsey bollocks is all part of this victim shit you have going on. Nobody boos Ramsey anymore than we boo anyone else on your team. We openly abuse your entire team, because... well, we do, it's football and home fans abuse the away players. Get used to it. In fact, Ramsey gets an easy ride compared to Wenger, who gets called all sorts of shit, so much to the point that he was scared to stand up earlier this season (remember that?).

Already gone over the Jeffers one with you. I was there. Jeffers turned into the challenge and caught his ankle in the turf as Shawcross came in. Not a broken leg, not a broken ankle (a myth you like to peddle), he tore his ligaments (consistent with a pull, not an impact injury), and was out for about 6 bloody weeks. As for Adebayor, hmmm, how do I put this nicely: Adebayor spent the entire game using his arms and elbowing our defenders (I remember one in particular that was quite nasty) and I seem to remember him going very hard on Thomas Sorenson on a corner. You know Adebayor likes to put himself about, so perhaps Ryan thought, you know what, f**k him, I'm going to let him know who's boss here and for that I won't apologise. Sorry mate. Not a good tackle, although he did win the ball, but heh, there we go. You don't like Crouch using his arms, we didn't like Adebayor using his. So we'll have to agree to disagree eh Crisps?

As for Sol? He's an embarrassment to your club mate. The shit he comes out with week on week, I would actually want to distance myself from him if he was an ex Stokie. A club legend he may be, but he likes to remind everyone of his Arsenal loyalty, while saying some of the daftest comments you'll here from an ex pro. You give Sol all the support he needs mate, because everyone else thinks he's a f***ing moron and he must be inspired by something. Perhaps it's you?

As for Whelan feeling embarrassed? Sure, that's exactly what went through his head..... "I am very embarrassed of angel Shawcross" nothing to do with him actually caring for another human beings welfare right? I mean like, your logic here is that, if you saw a man injured on the floor in the street, you'd just walk on by because after all, you don't owe him anything.... I have to wonder what goes on in your head mate? It's not right..... it's worrying.

I think the reason you sold Cesc was because he wanted to go to a bigger club mate? No offence intended there, but just, y'know, lets not attribute that to Ryan eh? :P Facts are facts and all that. ;)
StokeFan
Banned

Postby ESFSAFC » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:05 pm

StokeFan wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:Not looking at Squakwa.

Heh, fair enough. Opinions eh? I'm allowed one... aren't I? The irony is, I never said Diouf should be in the hit list, I said Mane shouldn't. That's all :)

Well neither were opinions, they are statistically proven facts.

I'm surprised so many have put in Sadio Mane in the Hit List, he scored 10 league goals (3 of which came from that crazy hat trick which was gifted to him), cost 12 million pounds and generally hasn't been all that consistent.

Mame Diouf signed for Stoke on a free, scored 12 league goals (11 if you take away his Spurs goal) and seems to have been more consistent as a player..... I don't expect Arsenal fans to put a Stoke player in their 'hit' list, but I'm just surprised so many of you rate Mane.... I know there's a bit of Southampton love-in going on, but geeze. :\

You pretty much did. You give reasons why Mane shouldn't have been put in and give reasons why you think Diouf should have been put in then compare their goals scored which makes no sense since one is a striker and the other a winger.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:08 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

Southampton play a lot more beautifully than Stoke. This is not to say Stoke play terribly, it is in reference.

But I'm not talking about Arsenal on the Debuchy thing. I'm comparing it with Southampton

Good comeback, sort of.

Their net spend probably was less than Stoke, although maybe not? I'll have a look. We sold nobody, because we've been getting rid of deadwood from the previous regime and they sold a load and bought a load. So net spend in this case isn't necessarily a fair comparison is it?

Really? Southampton play that much better than us. Fair enough, opinions. I just remember them diving and getting angry because the referee wasn't giving them dubious penalties.... in particular Mane lol, while Fonte was throwing around ridiculously hefty and unnecessary challenges, one nasty tackle on Diouf which seemed to result in him going off. Nobody really moaned about that though.... because y'know? He plays for Stoke :)
StokeFan
Banned

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:10 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:You pretty much did. You give reasons why Mane shouldn't have been put in and give reasons why you think Diouf should have been put in then compare their goals scored which makes no sense since one is a striker and the other a winger.

I said Mane hadn't been consistent. I included Diouf because Diouf was a free and to get 12 goals out of a free transfer is quite impressive. Pelle for example cost 8 million I believe and they got 12 out of ?

You see my points here.

Still, Mane, f***ing mint, take Sanchez out of the team of the season and put Mane in :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
StokeFan
Banned

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:16 pm

StokeFan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

Good comeback, sort of.

Their net spend probably was less than Stoke, although maybe not? I'll have a look. We sold nobody, because we've been getting rid of deadwood from the previous regime and they sold a load and bought a load. So net spend in this case isn't necessarily a fair comparison is it?

Really? Southampton play that much better than us. Fair enough, opinions. I just remember them diving and getting angry because the referee wasn't giving them dubious penalties.... in particular Mane lol, while Fonte was throwing around ridiculously hefty and unnecessary challenges, one nasty tackle on Diouf which seemed to result in him going off. Nobody really moaned about that though.... because y'know? He plays for Stoke :)

Isn't this game near the end of the season though? They really switched off in this period after EL was almost confirmed and CL was unlikely
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:19 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

Good comeback, sort of.

Isn't this game near the end of the season though? They really switched off in this period after EL was almost confirmed and CL was unlikely

Nope. It was a massive game for them. In fact, it was probably the game that officially killed their CL run. If they had beaten us, perhaps they might have still sneaked it.

But hey, it's not like an Arsenal fan to be hypocritical after just saying that Mane's hat trick was ace.... even though it was gifted and came in a game that didn't matter. Fumble. :rofll:
StokeFan
Banned

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:21 pm

StokeFan wrote:Nope. It was a massive game for them. In fact, it was probably the game that officially killed their CL run. If they had beaten us, perhaps they might have still sneaked it.

But hey, it's not like an Arsenal fan to be hypocritical after just saying that Mane's hat trick was ace.... even though it was gifted and came in a game that didn't matter. Fumble. :rofll:

Was still highly unlikely and required us to lose easy games

Mane's hattrick was unique in the sense of how fast it was. Defending was non-existent for all 3 goals. The game did matter to the opposition though. If Hull had got a win there, Villa were right back in it
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football